Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but check out the description! :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6659976
    Jap Datsun Pick Up 1200

Fair play to him, good ad :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

that ad's a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Definitely not a dreamer, should be in the "Today I saw a car for sale" thread.
    Class little car, class ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I really wish I had 2k to spare for that, I can see myself tipping around in it with the mountain bike in the back, and NCT exempt too (apparently)

rizzodun wrote: »
    I really wish I had 2k to spare for that, I can see myself tipping around in it with the mountain bike in the back, and NCT exempt too (apparently)

Pre 1980 so it is indeed.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Pre 1980 so it is indeed.

Yeah I thought so, on the phone so couldn't do any checking, I'm sure you could bang in a bigger engine if you were that way inclined too, looks like a dinger of a yoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Thats great money at €2k!

Lads, it's my birthday, someone throw me €2k, I'm good for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

rizzodun wrote: »
    Lads, it's my birthday, someone throw me €2k, I'm good for it!

No problem! Check okay or maybe paypal?

Actually I just realized it's your birthday I will give you €5k, no need to pay it back. Birthday present.

Actually I just realized it's your birthday I will give you €5k, no need to pay it back. Birthday present.

Does it take longer to come through from Mars? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Seriously. If I won the euromillions, I'd come on here every now and again and do just that to random people.

I could see you squeezing in an L20B (110hp) fairly handy.
    An S20 (225hp) would be a better choice if you could find one and fit it, it's a straight 6 but a fairly compact one.

Or ya know... SR20DET. :D

Quazzie wrote: »
    Seriously. If I won the euromillions, I'd come on here every now and again and do just that to random people.

Like some real-life, genuine, Nigerian prince!
    I could see you squeezing in an L20B (110hp) fairly handy.
    An S20 (225hp) would be a better choice if you could find one and fit it, it's a straight 6 but a fairly compact one.

Or ya know... SR20DET.

SR20DET, sure why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'd friggin love that little Datsun but I probably wouldn't be able to get insured on it as a first car?

I'd friggin love that little Datsun but I probably wouldn't be able to get insured on it as a first car?

Over 25 with a policy on another car, should be no issue getting cheap classic insurance.

Over 25 with a policy on another car, should be no issue getting cheap classic insurance.

I'm still learning so I suppose I could think about getting it 'for the missus' and being put on her insurance. Ah it wouldn't be practical as once I pass I'd need to insure myself on something normal. We couldn't be a three car family.

A shame really as that's the absolute best thing I've seen for sale here in ages. I would love an old 70s car like that as my main driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It seems way too cheap.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It seems way too cheap.

Well I have no idea but that's a shame if there's something wrong with it.... it's a brilliant looking little thing.

I've seen 1992 models that bodyshape in jap auctions, they're an odd thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

28079085.jpeg

It's a 10 for me :). At least a 9.

• Advertisement

Somebody here just buy it so we get more pics, I really would, bloody kids bleeding me dry...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

It seems way too cheap.

I would have thought around 3.5-4k?
    Sure it's cheaper than this rare ball of scrap.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vw-caddy-mk1-pickup-super-rare/6660480

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Quazzie wrote: »

Tease them ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Interslice wrote: »

It's a 10 for me :). At least a 9.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the first thing Id do would be a lift and bigger, say 205/70/15 size all terrains!
    Then an sr20det:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I really really want it. I showed it to the missus and she's in tears laughing at it.
    She just doesn't understand how cool that car is. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It seems way too cheap.

Well he upped the price by €500. He must have been reading the motors section here.

*Price hop 2,500. I know everyone is used to price drops but due to the vast amount of interest I'm raising the price - like a boss

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭dantastic

If he throws a surf board into the back for a few more photos I recon he can ask another €500! :D

I wish I had the space to keep all my wants

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

It's been removed now. So either it was a wind up, or some lucky bastard bought it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

El Guapo! wrote: »
    It's been removed now. So either it was a wind up, or some lucky bastard bought it!

Id say he got reported for his price hop, so took it down.
    You'll see it relisted for 3k+ soon enough!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement