Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jobs for punks????

Options
  • 23-05-2005 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Anybody got any ideas? I'm off for 3 months and lookin for something to keep me occupied, it's gota be something that won't be bother by piercings or tattoos and part time. I've left the life of a rentboy behind!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Stix

Music shops are usually okay with that. Try both, the cd shops and musical instrument places. Id avoid food places. Some offices are okay if you arent dealing with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Try get work in a piercing/tattoo parlour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Ugly Dead Boy

makes sense I suppose!!!! You know of any lookin for staff??? They never seem to be lookin for staff!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

how old are you ???

really old, I was born last century!!!!! 25 but I've been told I can play anywhere between......... yadayada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Most music shops have application forms. Just go in and ask!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

...the life of a rentboy...????? wtf???

Done that before, most of them don't allow piercings and those that do usually have no need for staff 'cos they're small and independant!!!

The Detective doesn't know what a rentboy is???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The Detective doesn't know what a rentboy is???

I'm sure someone could arrange (unpaid) work experience for him to give him a taste for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

How about you remove the piercings for work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

John2 wrote:
    I'm sure someone could arrange (unpaid) work experience for him to give him a taste for it
    :D

The point is I don't want to remove and piercing or have to cover tattoos!!!! And I get paid for the summer so it's not like I absolutely have to sell my soul for a job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Bike courier but like some1 said earlier its not like 20-25 years ago where their was def NO way they would let people with piercings/hair colour/tatts work, everything is so much easier nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chemical Arse

I use to be a punk rock milk man here in Thurles years ago. All the oul wans use to get a right laugh out of me coming up the garden path with an eight inch+ mohawk and bondage/combat pants etc.

Maybe you could get in with a good creamery?

i know what a rent boy is, but it is fairly disturbing in my opinion to admit to being an ex-rentboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Many years ago I worked for a large white collar very proper and stiff European multi-national. We signed up to a student summer placement scheme where you got what you were given. We ended up with Wicklows only white rasta, a bloke with the most amazing rasta dreadlocks grafted onto the body of country bumpkin. He looking like an octopus was riding the back of his head. We could'nt fire him, as we were'nt paying him, so he was stuck away in the machine room (because of the smell of his hair) for the summer.

Turned out he was one of the brightest, most capable software engineers ever to grace the place, so he was hired at the end of the summer and lived happily ever after.

Moral: You may be Einstein but if you look like ****, nobody cares.

Well I'm a big ride, gimme a job!!! Dick, would it more disturbing to know I lied??? IN fact it's not an old job at all!!! It's something I do now just for fun!!!! Ah sexual ambiguity, my favourite kind!!! No being a courier, epilepsy!!!

Oh and my ass hurts!!!! ;)

Well I'm a big ride, gimme a job!!! Dick, would it more disturbing to know I lied??? IN fact it's not an old job at all!!! It's something I do now just for fun!!!! Ah sexual ambiguity, my favourite kind!!! No being a courier, epilepsy!!!

Disturbing was the wrong word to use, maybe sad is better? It's just the whole selling your body seems wrong to me. I mean having filthy middle aged men paying you to have sex with you is horrible. Please tell me you were desperate for money, and couldn't find anything else to do. Did it not make you feel horrible?
    Oh and my ass hurts!!!! ;)

Thats just nasty.

• Advertisement

also, the word rentBOY seems wrong to me, i mean it implies you are a child. would rentman or manwhore not be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sigh, someone got too many beatings with the sarcastic stick and lost all feelings for it.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I have no idea what this thread is about anymore.

what was it ever about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

telemarketing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Yeah bike courier sounds good!
    Go with hurricane or cyclone.......better to go with hurricane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 McUdar

i work in a bowling alley if thats any use. no probs with piercings or tattoos and you do **** all work. i spend most of my day smoking reefer out the back

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Human fish-hook.

Advertisement