Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best iPhone 6 Deal?

• 22-04-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi There,

I was just looking around on vodafone, 3, meteor and bill pay doesn't seem to provide any good deals for purchasing an iPhone 6 or Samsung S6... In other countries they seem to actually be cheaper by going bill pay but in Ireland they sort of develop the price into it, on top of bill pay tariffs.

Anyone spotted any good deals to go for an iPhone 6? Just wondering what the best route to go, Was thinking of buying in US.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭yer man!

jldesign wrote: »
    Hi There,

I was just looking around on vodafone, 3, meteor and bill pay doesn't seem to provide any good deals for purchasing an iPhone 6 or Samsung S6... In other countries they seem to actually be cheaper by going bill pay but in Ireland they sort of develop the price into it, on top of bill pay tariffs.

Anyone spotted any good deals to go for an iPhone 6? Just wondering what the best route to go, Was thinking of buying in US.

They definitely do just add the cost of the phone onto the priceplan which would be cheaper pay as you go anyway. It's pretty much the same in the US, most people I know would be spending $80 a month for the phone and tariff. Europe has always seemed to be far better for phone deals billpay. I wouldn't really suggest buying the phone here in the USA, the price isn't that far off what it is at home for the hassle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jldesign

yer man! wrote: »
    They definitely do just add the cost of the phone onto the priceplan which would be cheaper pay as you go anyway. It's pretty much the same in the US, most people I know would be spending $80 a month for the phone and tariff. Europe has always seemed to be far better for phone deals billpay. I wouldn't really suggest buying the phone here in the USA, the price isn't that far off what it is at home for the hassle of it.

It's a good point, iPhone 6 on bill pay in the US is around $200 upfront and $20 on billpay per month thereafter (Works out so much fairer than the Irish ones, The UK is so much cheaper too)

I was thinking of buying the phone unlocked in the US (even though €/$ isn't that much) Unless anyone has seen any good deals here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Advertisement