Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I think it's more a bug, unlike the VU, everything must be hacked to make Enigma work on the hardware in this box. It's still early days but it is improving day by day.
    It sounds like a fairly annoying bug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Zardoz wrote: »
    It sounds like a fairly annoying bug

It don't happen mine that often, every few days

• Registered Users Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pretty dam annoying alright. Popped in this evening. Freezes every 5 minutes without fail. Seriously reconsidering this box .

listermint wrote: »
    Pretty dam annoying alright. Popped in this evening. Freezes every 5 minutes without fail. Seriously reconsidering this box .

Is it happening in the free channels, it only happens on Oscam channels for me

Will have to check that out. What size card are you using in it or are you using a HDD. I think the 4gb may be too small

• Advertisement

Will have to check that out. What size card are you using in it or are you using a HDD. I think the 4gb may be too small

I have a 500GB usb 3 drive

I have a 500GB usb 3 drive
    Fat 32 or ext3 ?
    I've one of those available but i thought it would be slower than flash tbh

Fat 32 or ext3 ?
    I've one of those available but i thought it would be slower than flash tbh

Ext3.

I'm putting your freezing problems down as most likely a broadband or card share provider issue, not the box. I've configured and setup a few of these, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Check your oscam configuration.

Pretty confident now that its an OZ issue might try some other variants of this folks are doing my nuts in so have to get it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It don't happen mine that often, every few days
    Not really an issue so .

Pretty confident now that its an OZ issue might try some other variants of this folks are doing my nuts in so have to get it sorted.

Are you using a wireless dongle?

Are you using a wireless dongle?
    Oh god no. I'd refrain from using them under any application.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Is there anything similar to the reminder feature on the Sky+ box on the E2? I know you can set the timer and it will zap to a particular channel when a show is starting but I'm looking for something you can set multiple reminders for and have a message pop up when its starting.

Just wondering if there's anything similar available via plugin etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

sorry for hijack guys, just quickly, is this box all its cracked up to be? all i really want is saorview and oscam working well, the rest would be a bonus, also would it be suitable for parents once setup, as in not much adjusting?

Well if im honest. I would say its too early to be giving it to parents. unless i suppose you stick with the spark side for that. it appears somewhat more stable but obviously not as customisable.

I got one for the parents. And there just seems to be little things that id be okay with. That i know they would be scratching their heads and giving out about.

The latest thing ive found is that the picture was freezing without fail on all non fta channels every 5 minutes. After some to and fro i brought the box back to mine and have it working what i would deem perfectly. So im thinking there is a router issue at their house.l despite them having the same setup and router as myself. Il go through the router to see if anything stands out.

As of right now today. I would say by a Vu Duo if you dont want to hounded by the parents every week. This box while it has some fantastic merits needs is quite young in its development / hacking cycle. It needs more time, If it is going to get the level of interest for this to occur is another debatable point.

If i was buying it for myself, it would probably be a bedroom box. For the parents again. probably not right now in a few months perhaps.

Well if im honest. I would say its too early to be giving it to parents. unless i suppose you stick with the spark side for that. it appears somewhat more stable but obviously not as customisable.

I got one for the parents. And there just seems to be little things that id be okay with. That i know they would be scratching their heads and giving out about.

The latest thing ive found is that the picture was freezing without fail on all non fta channels every 5 minutes. After some to and fro i brought the box back to mine and have it working what i would deem perfectly. So im thinking there is a router issue at their house.l despite them having the same setup and router as myself. Il go through the router to see if anything stands out.

As of right now today. I would say by a Vu Duo if you dont want to hounded by the parents every week. This box while it has some fantastic merits needs is quite young in its development / hacking cycle. It needs more time, If it is going to get the level of interest for this to occur is another debatable point.

If i was buying it for myself, it would probably be a bedroom box. For the parents again. probably not right now in a few months perhaps.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm certain you have a network/oscam provider problem, not a problem/bug with the box. Run a ping to the server, bet you're dropping packets or have inconsistent pings. I have configured a few of this without any problems. They were buggy a few weeks ago, but HDMU Enigma is very stable now. I'm finally getting one for my parents, I trust it that much.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm certain you have a network/oscam provider problem, not a problem/bug with the box. Run a ping to the server, bet you're dropping packets or have inconsistent pings. I have configured a few of this without any problems. They were buggy a few weeks ago, but HDMU Enigma is very stable now. I'm finally getting one for my parents, I trust it that much.

these issues are only prevalent at my parents. Not an oscam issue perhaps router. It works fine at mine.

Outside of that issue it's simply not as fast or intuitive as my vu duo. And it does have issue and delays booting into non fta channels when just booted.

Also bear in mind I've already brought one box back to supplier. This is the replacement.

It's a cheaper alternative that has a lot of promise don't get me wrong. But it hasn't brimmed my confidence to date.

I'm not putting it down out of hand.

I'm losing my EPG (CrossEPG) every time I reboot the box, is that normal? I have it configured to store on my Flash disk in the setup and there is an epg.dat file stored there?

Digidol wrote: »
    I'm losing my EPG (CrossEPG) every time I reboot the box, is that normal? I have it configured to store on my Flash disk in the setup and there is an epg.dat file stored there?

That's the problem, you're not supposed to use flash, you need to use Usb. Flash isn't the storage drive on the box, it's the memory, it gets wiped when you power down.

• Advertisement

these issues are only prevalent at my parents. Not an oscam issue perhaps router. It works fine at mine.

Outside of that issue it's simply not as fast or intuitive as my vu duo. And it does have issue and delays booting into non fta channels when just booted.

All the above relate to a poor oscam configuration. You will need to read up on your oscam. make sure ip range in config agrees with your router

givecredit wrote: »
    All the above relate to a poor oscam configuration. You will need to read up on your oscam. make sure ip range in config agrees with your router

If youve read what i said, You would know that the oscam works perfectly fine in mine. Not my parents, Ive already stated that it was a router issue which i will go through.

Again these issues aside, i have given my reason why i dont think this box is to be recommended as a handsoff reliable replacement for some of the premium units.

Youve said poor oscam 3 times and ive said router issue already.

Im not using the oscam issue as a problem with the box. The box i feel doesnt compare with the Vu Duo. Dont take it as a personal slight. Im entirely aware of the price difference.

After an hour tinkering around with my parents Amiko at home yesterday and satisfied that i had it working too its most optimum. Even with bare minimum plugins on it. The unit operation, its interface quality etc didnt really match when i changed the source over to the Vu Duo. The fluid experience speed and reliability ive found is hard to quantify. But thats my opinion. The Vuo feels 'just right' like i can leave it with the GF and she wont break anything or have to give the box a moment before doing anything. The Amiko always feels like i have to kid glove it with Plugins or interactions.

Its a cheaper reasonably okay alternative (ive said that already)

If youve read what i said, You would know that the oscam works perfectly fine in mine. Not my parents, Ive already stated that it was a router issue which i will go through.

If you knew how Oscam actually works, you would know that the above statement is meaningless.
    Just because Oscam works in one location does not necessarly mean it should work in a different location.

I am trying to help you...

Again i say check you ip configuration in your os config to make sure its compatable with your parents setup.

Try the above before you go changing their router setup.

That's the problem, you're not supposed to use flash, you need to use Usb. Flash isn't the storage drive on the box, it's the memory, it gets wiped when you power down.

The only options I have in CrossEPG configuration are flash disk and internal flash? I have a USB plugged into the box.

givecredit wrote: »
    If you knew how Oscam actually works, you would know that the above statement is meaningless.
    Just because Oscam works in one location does not necessarly mean it should work in a different location.

I am trying to help you...

Again i say check you ip configuration in your os config to make sure its compatable with your parents setup.

Try the above before you go changing their router setup.

I understand how it works, the only difference between the setup at mine and theres is credentials.

The only options I have in CrossEPG configuration are flash disk and internal flash? I have a USB plugged into the box.

need to mount the USB, there is instructions for mounting on Pogs very helpful setup guide.

Requires Puttytel.

Internal flash is the one you shouldn't use, the other is fine.

Where is your USB mounted? It's usually /media/hdd. Edit your crossepg.config at /var/crossepg/ with the path. Here's mine
    db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg
    lamedb=lamedb
    providers=skyuk_astra2_28.2
    force_load_on_boot=0
    download_daily_enabled=1
    download_daily_hours=9
    download_daily_minutes=0
    download_daily_reboot=1
    download_tune_enabled=1
    download_manual_reboot=0
    download_standby_enabled=0
    last_full_download_timestamp=1362042000
    last_partial_download_timestamp=1362042000
    csv_import_enabled=0
    show_plugin=1
    show_extension=1
    show_force_reload_as_plugin=1
    configured=1

There is a bug in crossepg configuration where it does a scan on your drive (the linux command touch) which fails, causing crossepg to revert to the default internal flash. Do not open configuration, set it by editing the config file and FTP it to your box. If you open configure you will break it. The same bug appears on Dreamboxes, see here: http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/284962-fix-crossepg-reverting-internal.html

I understand how it works, the only difference between the setup at mine and theres is credentials.

The only way to tell is by using the same credentials on the same hardware in your location.

Internal flash is the one you shouldn't use, the other is fine.

Where is your USB mounted? It's usually /media/hdd. Edit your crossepg.config at /var/crossepg/ with the path. Here's mine
    db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg
    lamedb=lamedb
    providers=skyuk_astra2_28.2
    force_load_on_boot=0
    download_daily_enabled=1
    download_daily_hours=9
    download_daily_minutes=0
    download_daily_reboot=1
    download_tune_enabled=1
    download_manual_reboot=0
    download_standby_enabled=0
    last_full_download_timestamp=1362042000
    last_partial_download_timestamp=1362042000
    csv_import_enabled=0
    show_plugin=1
    show_extension=1
    show_force_reload_as_plugin=1
    configured=1

Thanks again for your help, that seems to have sorted it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

trying to telnet into GM triplex, anyone have login/password, i have tried root/root but no luck so far.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement