Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2008 Smax dead as a dodo

Options
  • 01-05-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Came out this morning to start car and it's as dead as a dodo. Previously, if the battery was gone, I'd only find out when attempting to start as the keys would still open the car.

However, today there is no response to the keys whatsoever. I can't even open the car manually with the keys - so I can't open the bonnet to jump start it either.

Car just sitting there and I can't get in to it. It was last used 2 days ago with no problems.

Really need it back working. Help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Normally, there's still a manual lock on the drivers side of the car. Use this to open the car.

If you haven't done so already, get the battery check/replaced.

If you've replaced the battery before, something is draining your power, it's typically a 3rd party installed item (e.g. handsfree kit or similar). You'll need to check the standby current draw of the car. It's generally 50-60mA.

Advertisement