Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carpet Skiing

• 12-11-2015 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

anybody every tried this in Belfast?

http://wearevertigo.com/ski/

or anywhere else that does this .. the place itself doesn't get create reviews .. but that's mostly to do with not being able to bring food into the trampoline park .. anyone who has tried the skiing seems to enjoy it.

and there is good reviews of similar places in the UK.

Also anyone been to Lermoos in Austria, we are heading late Dec .. just wondering what people experience of it are.

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

They have that in Dublin too:
    http://www.skicentre.ie/

Being a boarder I found it difficult to get used of the feeling of not really moving and the bar in front is almost a distraction. I much prefer the dry slope to the rolling carpet.

My other half is a skier and she said the opposite - found the rolling carpet much better than Kilternan. I'd like to know if it's a board vs ski thing or just an individual preference!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

cheers .. didn't know there was one in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

I'm a skier and found it awful. At least in Kilternan you are getting somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

maddness wrote:
    I'm a skier and found it awful. At least in Kilternan you are getting somewhere.

Likewise. Bago****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Snowboarding, I could barely stand up on it, seriously sore on the knees when you fall, it's not like real snow at all there is way too much friction. I'd been snowboarding maybe 4 times(weeks trips) on actual snow before I tried it, maybe if you've never been before it might be different and you are not use to the feel of actual snow. If you can stand and turn on that thing for 5 minutes I'd say you'd be brilliant on real snow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement