Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Went to the doctor on Wednesday and all is good so far anyway. She suggested getting a private scan to sort out my due date as I've always had a very irregular cycle so at the moment I could be anything between 4 and 12 weeks - I think I'm about 6 weeks! We're hoping to get a scan early next week - I can't wait!

Quick question how did any of you decide on what hospital to go to - I've a choice of 4 (Holles Street, Rotunda, Coombe and Mullingar) I've no friends or sisters with children yet so not too sure where to go - any suggestions?

I hope everyone is feeling good today - at least it's friday and most of you will have the weekend to relax! I'm good just not sleeping very well - hopefully that'll improve!

Enjoy your weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Welcome minxy moo, and congrats!
    I'm finding this thread a god send! I'm 7 weeks!

I would love to get a private scan done before Christmas too, there is a place around the corner from where I work, so I might try and convince hubby that the money's worth it!

I'm going to the CUMH in cork. It's the only maternity hospital in cork, so I didn't have any other choice!
    It's not far from home anyway, about 20 mins maybe on a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Congrats Minxy Moo, and welcome to the thread - I hope you find it as reassuring as I have!

Lmullen, I had a choice, but went with the one that was closest to where I live, Limerick Regional. I haven't been sent my letter yet - I hope I get one soon.

I'm 8 weeks today - I can't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Thanks ladies, so happy to be a member of the July club :)
    I think private scans are a great idea, I can't wait till I'm far along enough for a scan. Driving me mad not knowing how it's all going in there! I'm quite impatient!

Has anyone told their parents yet? It feels kinda strange not telling my mother, on the other hand don't want the rest of the family to find out just yet, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Lmullen: I have no choice its Kerry General for me!

Minxy Moo: its hard to keep it to yourself... Our families know... and they're delighted. Actually a lot of our friends know too! But if (touch wood) anything went wrong they'd be there. So it is a totally personal thing... if you want to tell just your mum do!!

I'm all excited for the Toy Show tonight... is that a bit sad?! Had a really crap night last night so hopefully tonight is better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

cyning wrote: »
    I'm all excited for the Toy Show tonight... is that a bit sad?! Had a really crap night last night so hopefully tonight is better!

No not sad, ah sure it's festive. I opt'd for recording the Sixth Sense though... which is not very festive at all really
    Minxy Moo wrote: »
    Thanks ladies, so happy to be a member of the July club :)
    I think private scans are a great idea, I can't wait till I'm far along enough for a scan. Driving me mad not knowing how it's all going in there! I'm quite impatient!

Has anyone told their parents yet? It feels kinda strange not telling my mother, on the other hand don't want the rest of the family to find out just yet, any thoughts?

I decided today I'm going to get an early scan right before xmas when I'm 8.5 weeks. I really want some reassurance before xmas and then I might feel better re telling the rest of my family on xmas day. I told OH that it will be my xmas present as a way to justify the cost! I think you can get them for 95, anyone hear of lower.

I'd say to tell your mother & just tell her to keep it to herself. My parents passed away years ago but we told OH's parents straight off & told them to keep their mouth shut!
    lmullen wrote: »
    Quick question how did any of you decide on what hospital to go to - I've a choice of 4 (Holles Street, Rotunda, Coombe and Mullingar) I've no friends or sisters with children yet so not too sure where to go - any suggestions?

I went with what's easiest to access. Really you'll hear loads of good stories & a few bad stories about every maternity hospital. How you get on probably depends on who's on shift on the day you go into labour.
    javagal wrote: »
    No more dodgey discharge for me thank god! Really need to relax and try enjoy this, I really just wanna see baby's heartbeart for comfort but can't afford a private scan before xmas.
    Nipples feel like they have pins and needless!!

Woohoo for java. As above I'm going for an early scan. Really want to see the heartbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Thanks Mink!! Think I might be getting a UTI, feel like I need to pee after I'be just peed,which would explain the discharge,
    Found a place in Portlaoise that do early scans, Fiance had best pay for one for xmas!!

Hope it's. Of a uti java!

Well got onto home birth assoc today. There's really only 4 midwives that come to where I am. Two are booked already for July, wtf! One charges 6k and you only get 2400 of that covered by hse and the other is male which I don't think I'm comfortable with. I'm so bummed, really wanted a home birth but can't afford to pay 3600!!!! Even the others charge about 3500 so you still have to come up with 1100 which I certainly don't have but could pay off over a while.

I'm to call the two that are booked for July in a few months but it's not looking good.

I can't stop eating junk!!! Stretching pains are back!! Convinced the OH to get me my scan for xmas!I'll scan it and post it when I get it done!!

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkNliWxk9eI&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLBCFB3322C31AF3B3

Hope I have this ladies metabalism..Gonna start taking pics of my belly, can already notice a difference in 3 weeks but that is the junk, if anyone wants to see I'll post here.

Mink, that sucks about your home birth, Hopefully you can find some other midwives, I wouldn't be comfortable with a man either.

I had a bad bleed this evening: went to hosp (and tmi) but my cervix is still closed and its kinda stopped now. Completely stressed out: they hooked me up to a drip for awhile and i have to go back in for a scan tomorrow... I just want my baby so much. This is my second bleed so its just so much worse. Fingers crossed everything okay but I just don't know.

• Advertisement

I had a bad bleed this evening: went to hosp (and tmi) but my cervix is still closed and its kinda stopped now. Completely stressed out: they hooked me up to a drip for awhile and i have to go back in for a scan tomorrow... I just want my baby so much. This is my second bleed so its just so much worse. Fingers crossed everything okay but I just don't know.

Thinking of you cyning, fingers crossed all ok. All I know is it's very common to get bleeds, often several times. Are they going to scan you?

Cyning, my heart goes out to you. Best of luck with the scan tomorrow - I really hope all is well.

Thanks. I'm just so gutted in case baby's gone: my pulse was through the roof when I went in so when that came down they let me go home for the night. Scan at 11 in morning. I have really bad cramps too so not really looking good. I know I'm probably waffling a bit, I just really want my baby. I've been so sick, I've practically been on bed rest for three weeks, I haven't been able to drive or eat or shower without someone being in the house. All I want is my baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

To Silly,
    If you drink soda water which quinine - Schwepps brand has this it may help you.
    Some one I know found that this helped when she was pregnant.

Cyning, please let us know you get on, I will say a little prayer for you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Cyning, been thinking of you since I read your post.
    Fingers crossed you will have good news today. You and your partner are in my thoughts.

Does anyone know if it's ok to take apple cider vinegar during pregnancy?

Good news from me...... eveything okay. Baby still there. Theres a nice strong heartbeat: they've told me that at this stage I have a 95% chance of everything being okay... The relief is absolutely unbelievable. I bawled.

I do have a small what looks like a clot and they think thats where the bleeding is coming from: I'm still spotting and they think I might have another bleed, but the relief is unreal!

And I got a photo of baba: well s/he looks like a blob but it fab!!

Good news from me...... eveything okay. Baby still there. Theres a nice strong heartbeat: they've told me that at this stage I have a 95% chance of everything being okay... The relief is absolutely unbelievable. I bawled.

I do have a small what looks like a clot and they think thats where the bleeding is coming from: I'm still spotting and they think I might have another bleed, but the relief is unreal!

Oh that just made my day cyning!!!
    So Happy for you!
    Had a little brown spotting myself last night but only for about ten minutes.
    I can't imagine the relief you must feel xx

I'm delighted for you!!!
    I know we've never met, but i'm literally grinning from ear to ear at that news :D
    I can only imagine how relieved you must feel!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Cyning that's great :)

I'm really tired today and I have cold, but I bought today 2 pairs of trousers in Mother and Care and top - finally my bum feels comfortable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

cyning Im delighted for u! must be such a relief to know all ok.

still feeling pretty much 100% hope everything ok as now over 8 weeks and its like Im barely even pregnant!

we have gone away to Dublin for2 nights shopping,spa and lovely hotel-totally recommend it! hope u all have a good weekend.x

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Judging by my calculations, I'm due on July 28th! Feeling pretty ok so far except for severe tiredness and sore boobs. I have my first doctors appointment on Monday. It's my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect. The different hospital care also has me very over whelmed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Oh thank god u and baby are okay Cyning my heart sank when I read your post! Can't imagine how terrifying the whole ordeal must have been. Hope your at home with your feet up taking it easy.

This is my first pregnancy too, I'm going to just go public and go with the flow. My Doctor sorted me out with the appointment for the hospital. I should get it now in a few weeks it should be pretty straight forward. Please god.

Cyning I'm delighted for you! I would have cried too when I saw my little bean/blob after that scare!

KillerKity wrote: »
    Judging by my calculations, I'm due on July 28th! Feeling pretty ok so far except for severe tiredness and sore boobs. I have my first doctors appointment on Monday. It's my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect. The different hospital care also has me very over whelmed :o

I'm due 28 July as well!
    Spoke to my sister this morning and told her still no morning sickness. She said her & my other sister had it right from the start so it looks like if I was going to get it I would have gotten it by now.
    6 weeks as of yesterday, woohoo

• Cyning - so glad to hear all is well. :)

9.5 weeks now. Can't wait for the 12 weeks - so fed up of being tired and nauseous. Plus I'll have the week off for Christmas then - woohoo!!

Still getting the light brown discharge but I am being calm about it as it's only about the size of a cent coin every 1-2 days.

Thought at 9 weeks I was getting away with sickness
    Baby has proven me wrong :(

Java don't tell me you're getting nausea in your 9th week!

Picked up a good tip for getting away with not drinking but not telling people. If you're going to a party where it's "bring your own drink" why not take a bottle of capped white wine and empty the contents and fill it with that grape juice stuff like Schloer. Or if your out with the OH, get two bottles of the same thing like bulmers or beer, you take fake sips and then you swap bottles every so often so your OH drinks the whole lot! He'll probably be flutered by the end of the night though.

I'm quite literally praying for the next few weeks to fly by: I can't wait to have pizza night back on Sat night with himself and to be able to eat a chocolate!

I have a Christening Saturday but don't know if I'll be able to go: my oh is Godfather so I'd love to go but we'll just have to see: I don't have he energy to go for a shower today so a Christening might be beyond me!

I often don't drink on night's out without people noticing: if its 7up I'm drnking I literally just say it malibu and 7up: just stay in a round with my oh noone is ever any the wiser!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Thats great news cyning! Delighted you got that reassurance.
    Welcome to our coven killerkity.

Girls, I've had a headache since SATURDAY!. It was very bad sat eve, even fell asleep on the couch, something I never do! Yesterday I didn't move from the couch but head was still bad. Woke this morning with the headache still firmly intact! I've not taken anything yet, but I'm at work today so I will need to take some paracetamol if it continues.
    Do ye think I should be taking to the dr about this?

• Advertisement

Oh silly, I feel for you! But if you've had it since Saturday, and it's still an actual headache, and not the remains of one - then I would go to the doctor. And double-check about the paracetamol, I read that it can affect the fertility of your unborn child. I'll see if i can find the article, because it might have been specific to a particular trimester...

And of course, make sure you are drinking water and that you have no bright light sources in the corner of your eye - they are both instant headache triggers for me!

Edited to add:
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23895684-infertility-link-to-paracetomal---painkillers-during-pregnancy-can-harm-boys.do

Not the article I read, but one along the same lines, it is fairly recent research which contradicts some existing guidelines.

Advertisement