Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Gaol 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lima Alpha One

maccored wrote: »
    ehhh .. I'd say its because they're the only paranormal group who thinks connelly station is haunted? Google "Connolly Station ghosts" and tell me what you come up with ..... mostly 2011, and mostly about the one group.

Seriously, cop on. This is not about f*cking media exposure ... its meant to be about paranormal research (or is it?)

Why would you not think Connolly Station might be haunted? Is the only research that you would do on a particular location Google based, or would you actually go off and look for personal experiences that people or staff have had? Because I doubt that you will find much of that on the internet as people are naturally fearful of coming forward with ghost stories for fear of ridicule.

It's about paranormal research first and foremost, but media exposure would certainly help any group gain access to any high profile site or building that has not previously been investigated for paranormal activity. If somehow a chance came up to investigate say, the GPO or Kilmainham Gaol, would you think that a paranormal group that has had a lot of media exposure and is well known would have a better chance of being invited in to investigate it than a less well known group. I know which one I would put my money on.

Why do I need to cop on as a matter of interest? Just because my opinion doesn't match your views on a particular subject. Get a life. I have read this forum for quite a while now, but have only posted of late. However, quickly coming to the conclusion that if your views don't match those of a certain group of people on this forum, then you get abused on the forum.

There are many examples on this forum of people coming on here looking for advice, only to be ridiculed by stupid comments from certain members.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MeadhbhL3

Why would you not think Connolly Station might be haunted?

It's about paranormal research first and foremost, but media exposure would certainly help any group gain access to any high profile site or building that has not previously been investigated for paranormal activity. If somehow a chance came up to investigate say, the GPO or Kilmainham Gaol, would you think that a paranormal group that has had a lot of media exposure and is well known would have a better chance of being invited in to investigate it than a less well known group. I know which one I would put my money on.

Why do I need to cop on as a matter of interest? Just because my opinion doesn't match your views on a particular subject. Get a life.

Amen

Because I doubt that you will find much of that on the internet as people are naturally fearful of coming forward with ghost stories for fear of ridicule.

I find people to be very forthcoming with their experiences. With regards to the station itself. I work across the road from it and i have a friend who has worked there for years and has never heard of anything. Thats just my experience from the place. With regards to teams presenting info to what they found on an investigation. There are teams out there that find something on "every" investigation they do. Yet there are people who claim to live in a "haunted house" experience something explainable once every few years, yet they are there every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

oh my god. now its 'why dont you think blah blah blah is haunted" or why wouldnt you investigate it ... and yet no-one has so far told me why in gods name I would want to in the first place.

Which, to be fair, was the question I asked. And then round it off with 'its a about paranormal research first and foremost ...'. after talking about media and exposure. Thats what the 'cop on' is about.

There are many examples on this forum of people coming on here looking for advice, only to be ridiculed by stupid comments from certain members.

Im interested to see how you can link that statement to me. Unless of course, you just dont like anyone disagreeing with you.

• Advertisement

What is funny is , they have both been investigated. :D but cant talk about it due to confidentiality agreements signed.

If somehow a chance came up to investigate say, the GPO or Kilmainham Gaol, would you think that a paranormal group that has had a lot of media exposure and is well known would have a better chance of being invited in to investigate it than a less well known group. I know which one I would put my money on.

I wouldnt care what paranormal group had the 'better chance'. I wouldnt have an interest in either. Plus I STILL dont see how having 'media exposure' and being 'well known' has anything to do with actual research.

I find people to be very forthcoming with their experiences.

With regards to the station itself. I work across the road from it and i have a friend who has worked there for years and has never heard of anything. Thats just my experience from the place.

With regards to teams presenting info to what they found on an investigation. There are teams out there that find something on "every" investigation they do. Yet there are people who claim to live in a "haunted house" experience something explainable once every few years, yet they are there every day.

Yes, but do these people put their experiences on the internet or are you talking about interviewing someone face to face?

Well it would appear from earlier postings that IGH found evidence to the contrary.

I agree that there are teams that do this. Personally, I have been in locations where nothing was experienced.

oh my god. now its 'why dont you think blah blah blah is haunted" or why wouldnt you investigate it ... and yet no-one has so far told me why in gods name I would want to in the first place.

Which, to be fair, was the question I asked. And then round it off with 'its a about paranormal research first and foremost ...'. after talking about media and exposure. Thats what the 'cop on' is about.

Would you care to tell me if you have an interest in investigating any location, as you seem to put down any location that is discussed in this thread? Or maybe you're just interested in locations that appeared in a certain book a while back.

I have already explained how media and exposure can help a group gain access to high profile locations, or any location for that matter, thereby leading to an investigation, which hopefully will provide further evidence for paranormal research. You seem to think media exposure doesn't assist paranormal research in any way. I beg to differ. You have your opinion and I have mine.

But the funny thing is you or the group that you appear to be linked to, judging from previous posts, had no problem using media exposure to gain material for your/their book (research), and indeed it's subsequent launch a while back. A bit hypocritical on your part, don't you think, judging by your views on the matter.

Im interested to see how you can link that statement to me. Unless of course, you just dont like anyone disagreeing with you.

I didn't link that statement to you. I made an observation about the forum in general.

It would seem to be the case though, that unless someone agrees with you point of view, you start telling people to cop on to themselves.

Like I've said already, you have your opinions and I have mine. Get over it without dishing out abuse.

See rule 3 in the forum charter - 3 The usual rules for boards forums apply here, no flaming, trolling, personal abuse or insults

• Advertisement

What is funny is , they have both been investigated. :D but cant talk about it due to confidentiality agreements signed.

Wasn't aware of that, but say they made for interesting investigations.:)

I didn't link that statement to you. I made an observation about the forum in general.

It would seem to be the case though, that unless someone agrees with you point of view, you start telling people to cop on to themselves.

Like I've said already, you have your opinions and I have mine. Get over it without dishing out abuse.

And to prove this, have a look at the why ghost hunt in the dark thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

If I recall correctly the Connoly Station investigation was done as part of an EastCoast FM halloween special.

Riamfada wrote: »
    If I recall correctly the Connoly Station investigation was done as part of an EastCoast FM halloween special.

They did come with us and recorded bits and pieces but it was mainly for our own interest. We heard stories and started talking about it. The Evening Herald got wind of it and put a story out asking for experiences, then more people, including staff came forward to tell their stories.
    It was a very interesting night, we had some security staff with us and they told us their stories too.
    It was a brilliant night but we did it mainly for our own interest and research, the history of the place was brilliant, great to get the chance to do it.

Riamfada wrote: »

And on that note, who told you there was no activity that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

MeadhbhL3 wrote: »

I'd rather not mention names on a public forum but if you really want to know You can PM me.

As a matter of interest, what do you consider activity ? This word gets thrown around alot, and the majority of the time its Human activity.

As a matter of interest, what do you consider activity ? This word gets thrown around alot, and the majority of the time its Human activity.

I would consider it anything that I can back up with equipment, that I no there was no chance of outside interference and that somebody else witnessed and agreed with me on. Takes quite a lot to convince us.

I would consider it anything that I can back up with equipment, that I no there was no chance of outside interference and that somebody else witnessed and agreed with me on. Takes quite a lot to convince us.

You were saying that you got alot at connolly station. What was that exactly ?

What book?

I would have interest in researching places that have reported activity ... usually though its normally private homes, not railway stations. Get to the point as Ive obviously missed what it is you're trying tell me.

Would you care to tell me if you have an interest in investigating any location, as you seem to put down any location that is discussed in this thread? Or maybe you're just interested in locations that appeared in a certain book a while back.

I have already explained how media and exposure can help a group gain access to high profile locations, or any location for that matter, thereby leading to an investigation, which hopefully will provide further evidence for paranormal research. You seem to think media exposure doesn't assist paranormal research in any way. I beg to differ. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Media and exposure leads to what exactly? more investigating of places that probably arent haunted in the first place? But its good for the 'media exposure' though, eh?

And what group do I 'appear to be linked to'? Go away and research who you're trying to slag off.

A book on ghost stories isnt paranormal research. secondly, how am I being hypocritical?? Im not the one blathering on about how important it is to have media exposure ... you are!

Im really failing to see what your issue is.
    But the funny thing is you or the group that you appear to be linked to, judging from previous posts, had no problem using media exposure to gain material for your book (research), and indeed it's subsequent launch a while back. A bit hypocritical on your part don't you think.

EDIT - For the record .... most of us on here are sick to the teeth of 'media exposure'. We've all done the TV/Radio/Newspaper thing.

• Advertisement

If you have issues, I'm sure you can report them to the mods.
    And to prove this, have a look at the why ghost hunt in the dark thread...

What book?

I would have interest in researching places that have reported activity ... usually though its normally private homes, not railway stations. Get to the point as Ive obviously missed what it is you're trying tell me.

Media and exposure leads to what exactly? more investigating of places that probably arent haunted in the first place? But its good for the 'media exposure' though, eh?

And what group do I 'appear to be linked to'? Go away and research who you're trying to slag off.

A book on ghost stories isnt paranormal research. secondly, how am I being hypocritical?? Im not the one blathering on about how important it is to have media exposure ... you are! As I said before, cop on. You arent doing anyone any favours.

Haunted Carlow book which you yourself were promoting all over the place not too long ago.

So you only have an interest in places that have reported activity. Fair enough but some groups or individuals like to explore new locations to see if they find anything. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

I did research your previous posts and you constantly link to a certain group in your posts. You know who I spoke of - don't act the eejit or try to troll for a reaction as it's getting tiresome at this stage.

Well you seem to use media exposure when it suits you and slag it off when it doesn't. And more importantly, you're the only one here that seems to have an issue with me and my views, so what does that say.

Who am I not doing favours for exactly? The views I present here are mine and mine alone.

Explain to me why I shouldnt have been promoting Haunted Carlow?

And you arent doing anyone any favours by having these ridiculous online arguments. Many teams have had media exposure. Get over it ... it means nothing.

I did research your previous posts and you constantly link to a certain group in your posts. You know who I spoke of - don't act the eejit or try to troll for a reaction as it's getting tiresome at this stage.

You talking of the group I founded and thats in my sig? I AM linked to LP ... i dont 'appear to be'. In my mind Im not the person acting the troll.

Explain to me why I shouldnt have been promoting Haunted Carlow?

And you arent doing anyone any favours by having these ridiculous online arguments. Many teams have had media exposure. Get over it ... it means nothing.

You will find all the answers in my previous posts. No point going around in circles. If the answer isn't immediately aparent, try reading the posts a second time and the penny might drop eventually.

And that's your opinion only by the sounds of things.

OK - I gets you. Media exposure is the most important thing ever. I'll write that down so I dont forget. "And that's your opinion only by the sounds of things. "
    You will find all the answers in my previous posts. No point going around in circles. If the answer isn't immediately aparent, try reading the posts a second time and the penny might drop eventually.

And that's your opinion only by the sounds of things.

OK - I gets you. Media exposure is the most important thing ever. I'll write that down so I dont forget. "And that's your opinion only by the sounds of things. "

Good man yourself.

Cool - would it be better if you had that published in the Sunday World?
    Good man yourself.

No I might bring it to a book publisher and then use boards.ie , radio stations, tv stations and throw in a few well known names to endorse it.

Oh yeah, and after all that I'll just slag off the media and put down people who seem to have an opinion that differs to mine 'cos what help could the media possibly be in paranormal research?

• Advertisement

You were saying that you got alot at connolly station. What was that exactly ?

The webisode will be out in a few days, you can have a look at that then and see.

Advertisement