Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best way to improve my wifi?

Options
  • 11-11-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

On a budget of about 100 quid max, what's the best way to improve my wi-fi range. Moving the router, a Netopia 2247-02 I think (the bog standard one that came with Eircom broadband) isn't an option so i need to boost it's range.

I only really need to extend it by like 20-30 feet to get the whole house in range. The signal now reaches about 40-50 feet (that's a bit of a guess, whatever the average length of a small-medium house is) and goes through 2 internal walls but would have to go through an external, concrete wall (small extension added to house) to cover the whole area.

Having done a bit of research, the options open to me seem to be:
    1. Upgrading my router,
    2. Using an old router as a repeater,
    3. Buying a dedicated repeater/extender, or
    4. Powerline kits.

These all seem to have their positives and negatives and I was just wondering what people thought might be my best bet?

Cheers in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Get a homeplug kit with built in Wi-Fi

Advertisement