Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ever been to Nando's?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Never been. And this marketing ploy will not encourage me to either.

The idea of identifying myself as an off duty Garda to an entire restaurant/staff to get a few euro off a meal does not appeal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Turner wrote: »
    Never been. And this marketing ploy will not encourage me to either.

The idea of identifying myself as an off duty Garda to an entire restaurant/staff to get a few euro off a meal does not appeal to me.

Mcdonalds have a half price policy in Victoria to all emergency services.

There are reports of some members getting into uniform to drive there from home and get the family a meal on the cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Turner wrote: »

It's quite subtle. Just before you pay, ask for the ES discount and flash the badge. It's no hassle, we do it in the UK (with military ID) and it's no big deal, no manager coming over or anything. You should do it, majority of people like the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Ahh, no mention of Firefighters there I might add... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

iceage wrote: »
    Ahh, no mention of Firefighters there I might add... :)

Sure ye're all loaded why would ye need a discount

• Advertisement
Advertisement