Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driver theory 5th edition

• 24-10-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the new 5th edition CD and book are much different than the old 4th edition because i have the 4th edition and wanted to know if i could pass using it instead of spending the €22 on the new CD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I did my theory test a couple of years ago and, unbeknown to me, had the wrong book. I failed!! Had to buy the new book and do it again. Save yourself the worry OP and get the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Dovies wrote: »
    I did my theory test a couple of years ago and, unbeknown to me, had the wrong book. I failed!! Had to buy the new book and do it again. Save yourself the worry OP and get the new one.

Did the exact same thing. Get the new book/cd and save yourself some hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

might as well get the new cd then and instead of having to pay another €40 for a retake just the €22 for the cd... thanks anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 wharf_rat

Its a money racket - the rules of the road are jiggled around nearly every year so you have to fork out another load of cash for the latest edition - just another ****in scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

That looks dodgie...

Also is it updated when ever the quistions change?

That looks dodgie...

Also is it updated when ever the quistions change?

It probably is a bit - says 5th edition though.

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

It probably is a bit - says 5th edition though.

Nate

I suppose, I hate to be the party pooper anyway. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

You can download to official theory test edition 5 from <snip> Saves you paying €22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

danwhite88 wrote: »
    You can download to official theory test edition 5 from <snip>. Saves you paying €22

Not cool dan!:mad: You can rent them free from the library. I even have a spare one I can lend someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Not cool dan!:mad: You can rent them free from the library. I even have a spare one I can lend someone.

Its 100% legal :rolleyes:. Didn't know libarys had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Yeap, there's a rumour going around that librarys have books too!:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

100% legal my arse! No more talk of that please.

I can verify that this is all you need - passed today by using it.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Katyegg

I have my theory test tomorrow, are you sure that website will be alright? I lost my CD that I had for ages :(

Advertisement