Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turning Left at Red Traffic Lights

• 16-11-2007 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Do you think it will ever happen here? I hear that the have it in the States (turning right, though)
    It's seems like a logical idea to keep traffic moving, it's such a waste of time waiting for ages when you aren't going to be in anyones way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Not until our drivers reach a basic level of competency.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,884 ✭✭✭✭Stark

WindSock wrote: »
    Do you think it will ever happen here? I hear that the have it in the States (turning right, though)
    It's seems like a logical idea to keep traffic moving, it's such a waste of time waiting for ages when you aren't going to be in anyones way.

I find that really annoying in other countries. Especially in France where I start to cross the street at a green man and nearly get run down by someone coming tearing round the corner.

Personally I think they should install more left filter lights where appropriate.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

In fairness, if they just kept the lights orange, most people would drive through them! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Same in Germany and the Netherlands.

Everytime I drive i'd be saying .. ughh .. can i go .. can i go ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

They have it here in Australia and I think its great, most drivers are very aware of people walking, but its really keeps things moving.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

You mean you can't already, Dam!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You mean you can't already, Dam!!!

so that's why i ended up in that high speed chase. i thought it was all the cocaine i'd taken

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

drivers here just turn either left or right on red at filter lanes anyway here. There is a right hand turn here in galway on the bishop o donnell road opposite dunnes stores in westside that has a filter light for straight on and also another filter light for a right turn into shantalla area. As soon as the straight on green light comes on everyone just turns right, sometimes making the oncoming traffic give way! you have to be on your toes going through those traffic lights!

Advertisement