Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Horizon update August 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tried to pull it just now but was refused, last update is dated May 14.

From Talk To:UPC this morning ....

We want to let you know that as of this morning, all Horizon customers outside Dublin will receive an updated software code (version: 1b-3172.011.1:m18.0_130_56.0).

Customers in Dublin will receive the same new code from next Tuesday, August 26. Customers who were on the recent trial already have this code – so there is no further action required from them.

The updated code includes a number of changes, outlined in more detail here: http://www.upc.ie/horizontv/whatsnew/. These changes include:

- Addition of a ‘Delete Series’ option
    - Addition of a ‘Skip by Day’ option in the TV Guide
    - Improvements to the Favourites Management functionality

The updated code will be sent to your Horizon box automatically but if your box hasn’t updated for any particular reason, you can update manually by following these very simple steps: http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/840

We welcome you to share any comments or observations relating to this new software code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

coylemj wrote: »
    Tried to pull it just now but was refused, last update is dated May 14.

Are you in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Are you in Dublin?

I'm in dublin and as stated earlier I received an email saying my Horizon Software had been updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Does the e-mail have the same info as the above post where it really really clearly says that Dublin will be updated on the 26th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Does the e-mail have the same info as the above post where it really really clearly says that Dublin will be updated on the 26th?

....please see part in red box, with little red arrow pointing it out, as stated I live in DUBLIN
    UPCEmail_zps91b82fd9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

celticbest wrote: »
    I'm in dublin and as stated earlier I received an email saying my Horizon Software had been updated?

Nice one, maybe they did some bits of Dublin today? I dunno.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got a text saying it was done (North Kildare) however it doesn't actually look like it has.

edit: it hasn't, and the manual update doesn't work either.

I live in Dublin, got an e-mail saying I will get it next Tuesday 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

I got it today updated box manually. Worked fine
    Still no page down or page up
    I live in walkinstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

got mine today and am living in Dublin. Kids came up this morning to tell me there was something wrong with the TV when they plugged the box in. came down and the new software was loading. Lovely jubley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello all,

I got a request from UPC to let you all know the following:
    UPC wrote:
    Just to clarify, there is a planned roll out for this update and all customers in Dublin will have this code by next Tuesday the 26th of August.

If you've any questions for UPC you can always ask them directly on their Talk To Forum.

That means it will be pushed out according to a random schedule, the same as happens with Android devices. Attempting to do a pull (manual download) will be futile so you needn't bother trying. Most of the updates will probably happen overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭patrickc

got here in Carlow today, much faster is the guide and the delete series works well.

the day by day works good also

big improvement IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

patrickc wrote: »
    got here in Carlow today, much faster is the guide and the delete series works well.

the day by day works good also

big improvement IMO

Big improvements in the home house. It was taking ten seconds to delete a single episode. Now does it in one. Ten episodes of a HD series deleted in two seconds!!!!

The day skip button is a Godsend. The whole interface seems faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Yes it's much faster IMO - also search function is MUCH better too. Quicker, easier to type. This is a very good update. It's a pity this stuff wasn't sorted out before the box went general last year. it's not as if this stuff wasn't highlighted in the test group...

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Received the update some time yesterday afternoon/evening - East Galway City

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Since the update I can't for the life of me figure out how to view the used disc management, where's it gone :c onfused:

settings>Disgnostics for space and settings, preferences ( i Think ) for disk management options

If disk management is set to auto you can run with a full hard disk as itll just delete watched and oldest recordings automaticlly

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

Yes update very good big improvement
    But
    I would have liked to have seen a page down and page up that would have been top of my list
    None the less its all good maybe it will be on the next update

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's gas that these features were on the old 'inferior' box so it's not like they've come up with new innovative ideas with this update. Pity it's taken this long to get back to where we should have been when the Horizon box first came out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Despite it being a fair while since the email saying the box had got it, it got it overnight Tuesday/Wednesday. Does feel generally more useable.

Still desperately needs to show the *name* and not a bloody picture for what's on next when scanning through channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Anyone having problems using the reverse, fast forward and stop buttons on the remote since the update? On existing recordings I cannot use any of these. Ive rebooted the box but still no change?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Just a heads up - the first two series of Rev are available on the On Demand section. The Beeb keep burying this in their schedules but its well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

loup wrote: »
    Anyone having problems using the reverse, fast forward and stop buttons on the remote since the update? On existing recordings I cannot use any of these. Ive rebooted the box but still no change?

Just to answer my own question, the buttons at the bottom of the remote no longer work for Stop, Fast Forward and Rewind. To do this now in a recorded programme, you need to Pause first and THEN use the forward/backward arrow keys in the middle of the remote. To stop the programme you need to click OK and select from there. Bit of a pain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

loup wrote: »
    Just to answer my own question, the buttons at the bottom of the remote no longer work for Stop, Fast Forward and Rewind. To do this now in a recorded programme, you need to Pause first and THEN use the forward/backward arrow keys in the middle of the remote. To stop the programme you need to click OK and select from there. Bit of a pain!!

Sounds like you've a individual problem. All controls work fine on my box as they did before.

same here, no problem with the FF/RW buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Nor here.... sounds like you have a problem with your particular remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Is anyone else seeing a weird resolution issue since this update - switching to the Horizon box after using another device (PS3 / AppleTV) the TV resolution is perfect but the menu overlay is too small, only about 3/4 size rather than fullscreen. Happened a few times now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement