Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install Price for condensing boiler

• 26-08-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi guys can anyone give a ball park figure to supply and fit a new 26kw condensing boiler.(or install only i dont mind which ever is best)

Im going to ring a few local plumbers during the week and see what they say,i would like to have an idea on price before i ring anyone.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

steder wrote: »
    Hi guys can anyone give a ball park figure to supply and fit a new 26kw condensing boiler.(or install only i dont mind which ever is best)

Im going to ring a few local plumbers during the week and see what they say,i would like to have an idea on price before i ring anyone.
    Thanks

Oil or gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

Oil and will be installed in back yard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭jimf

which ever I would go with supply and install as the rgi/plumber will have a trade discount from the supplier

Oil and will be installed in back yard

Well first off you probably need a powerflush so make sure it's included in your price. I'd also insist on a grant vortex boiler. For the standard changeover including a flush you should be looking at around 2800-3200 depending on the work involved. Anything less I'd avoid as corners are probably being cut

Dtp1979 thanks for the reply a lot more than I thought I had a budget of 2k. At least I know what to expect il probably put it off for another month or so!

• Advertisement

keoghy2014 wrote: »

One born every minute....
    New grant vortex 1250
    PROPER powerflush 450-500
    New pump 100
    Remote acting fire valve 50
    Fittings and pipe 120
    Magnetic filter 130
    Total 2100
    So where does labour come in??
    What about vat??
    OP, there's plenty of crowds undercutting proper tradesmen with these silly deals. As I said earlier, corners will be cut. So it turns out, we're not the ones who are robbing the customer as stated above.
    End of the day, you get what you pay for

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    One born every minute....
    New grant vortex 1250
    PROPER powerflush 450-500
    New pump 100
    Remote acting fire valve 50
    Fittings and pipe 120
    Magnetic filter 130
    Total 2100
    So where does labour come in??
    What about vat??
    OP, there's plenty of crowds undercutting proper tradesmen with these silly deals. As I said earlier, corners will be cut.
    End of the day, you get what you pay for

I wonder was boiler set up using fga and commissioned properly they surely left you a copy of the printout didn't they

jimf wrote: »
    I wonder was boiler set up using fga and commissioned properly they surely left you a copy of the printout didn't they

It was in me ar&e

• Registered Users Posts: 7 keoghy2014

when installing boiler powerflush has to be done for warranty so most installer dont even factor price in their there two days approx anyway so your price for that goes straight away you might charge that goin to a customer for powerflush not add on top of a boiler upgrade you want to make 1000 grand or 2 per day is it

and yes they sure did commion it properly sat and watched kane 455 i think he used now he didnt add on mag filter as powerflushed with fernox machine and mag and did want the extra cost of one

• Advertisement

when installing boiler powerflush has to be done for warranty so most installer dont even factor price in their there two days approx anyway so your price for that goes straight away you might charge that goin to a customer for powerflush not add on top of a boiler upgrade you want to make 1000 grand or 2 per day is it

So the flush is done for free?? A PROPER powerflush takes the best part of one day. Even without the mag filter the price is still around 2,000. Does your installer not charge vat or labour? I'm thinking you're happy with your cheap price and don't want us on here making you believe your job wasn't up to scratch. As a matter of interest, which boiler had you installed, and how long did the flush take?

i think its a firebird inviromax small green boiler and riello burner powerflush took most of the day emptied magnets about 12 times so have a bucket of oxide there from the rads so i assume he did a very good job and for very good price sorry not trolling could reply as i was in work

i think its a firebird inviromax small green boiler and riello burner powerflush took most of the day emptied magnets about 12 times so have a bucket of oxide there from the rads so i assume he did a very good job and for very good price sorry not trolling could reply as i was in work

Well I don't know the price of the firebird cause I don't install them and wouldn't fit one if I got it for free to be honest. Far inferior boiler to the grant vortex

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Sorry to butt in but did your install use a powerflushing machine or just the twin magnetic filters utilizing the existing circulation pump?

Just 12 times sounds alot as flushing using the flushpump 80% aprox of the sludge goes to drain. The filter only picks up the return soiled water when the mains isn't able to keep up with the dump rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Hi Keoghy2014
    Welcome to boards on your first/second day.
    Great price you got, fair play to you.

Was it possibly done by a Cork plumber and his eight year old son ?
    Cause their the best at that price !!!!

ps. What's wrong with two grand a day ?

We all have to eat. + diesel ain't cheap.

Thanks for the replies lads

Dtp1979 thanks for the break down at least now i can understand where the money is going.
    I thought it was just a case of take out the old boiler,a few new fittings and install the new boiler,i assumed there would be a new pump included with the boiler and an optional power flush if needed.

Thanks for the replies lads

Dtp1979 thanks for the break down at least now i can understand where the money is going.
    I thought it was just a case of take out the old boiler,a few new fittings and install the new boiler,i assumed there would be a new pump included with the boiler and an optional power flush if needed.

The flush is optional but you'd be mad not to go for it. Would you fit a new engine in your car and fill it with dirty oil!

esox28 wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in but did your install use a powerflushing machine or just the twin magnetic filters utilizing the existing circulation pump?

Just 12 times sounds alot as flushing using the flushpump 80% aprox of the sludge goes to drain. The filter only picks up the return soiled water when the mains isn't able to keep up with the dump rate.

Re reading this esox, what machine do you use? On mine, all the water goes through the magnets before it hits the drain and only clean water goes back in to the system on the secondary flush

he used a fernox machine in conjustion with the fernox magnet filter it was a really old open system full off crud nah dublin lads 2k ot bad money if ye can get it lads

I must say keoghy im very impressed with your knowledge of the whole installation very observant of you to notice he/they used a kane 455 fga and a fernox power flushing machine you could go into the business yourself

• Advertisement

says it on the things in big enuff writing me owl flower doesnt take a genius to figure out. i am a very observant type a guy do probly did his head in standing over him but was interested

says it on the things in big enuff writing me owl flower doesnt take a genius to figure out. i am a very observant type a guy do probly did his head in standing over him but was interested

Can ye remember the readings from the printout??

Keoghy mate,
    You don't by any chance have a Cork accent and a 8 year old son ?

no dublin

no dublin

TG

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Re reading this esox, what machine do you use? On mine, all the water goes through the magnets before it hits the drain and only clean water goes back in to the system on the secondary flush

Well d,

Kamco single mag,I always have the mag on the flow to the ch, just through trial and error I've found having the mag on the dump side doesn't speed up the operation (disregard the reverse flow for min to clarify) I've found with the mag on the flow to ch. I'm mostly filtering the mains water but when the mains isn't matching the dump rate I trottel down the dump rate, which means a % is getting recycled back and this is where the mag speeds things up.

Granted I wouldn't have to clean filter more that three time even for the cronic systems.

when I first got the mag I filtered the dump just to show the customers, but now im confedent in our operation I don't need to prove anything, job speeks for itself.

Advertisement