Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPC and the minimum bundle

Options
  • 18-08-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a quick question to those who might know. I have UPC horizon with broadband tv and phone etc. I find it a bit excessive to be paying 73 euro a month or thereabouts and I've just lost my job so need a few ways to cut back.
    Does anyone know, before I get onto UPC, if UPC just do broadband only without TV?
    I might go down the TV route by means of FREE Air sat for the TV.

Thanks a lot

Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Hi Folks,

I have a quick question to those who might know. I have UPC horizon with broadband tv and phone etc. I find it a bit excessive to be paying 73 euro a month or thereabouts and I've just lost my job so need a few ways to cut back.
    Does anyone know, before I get onto UPC, if UPC just do broadband only without TV?
    I might go down the TV route by means of FREE Air sat for the TV.

Thanks a lot

Rich

Yes you can just get the broadband - that's what I have (with a Freesat+ box for watching/recording tv stuff).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

evilivor wrote: »
    Yes you can just get the broadband - that's what I have (with a Freesat+ box for watching/recording tv stuff).

Last time I checked it's cheaper to get phone and bb than just get bb. So get the two and put the phone in the cupboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Last time I checked it's cheaper to get phone and bb than just get bb. So get the two and put the phone in the cupboard.

Yes. I never ever activated the phone line on mine even though I pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

If you go to uchoose.ie there,s a deal there for 25 euro upc 12mb speed 1mb upload and 500 gb limit pm and this has the 7.75 standalone included in the price and free install aswell, would do the job till you get back on your feet regards bored_stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

The links on that site (referring to UPC) are out of date. It looks like the site hasn't been kept current.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Cable

Advertisement