Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

pippip wrote: »
    Looks like SKY have increased their Fibre broadband by €5. Now €55, only yesterday it was €50.
    Techmaster wrote: »
    Their site is woeful.

See attached. Contradicting much?

It's like an auction...40..45..50..55..anyone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

I finished with them in Jan. Had cancelled in Dec. They have been ringing since, but I haven't answered. Got a letter from them today saying that they owe me 22.75 and it will be in my bank account in the next 5-10 days. I'm in shock.........

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Help PLEASE..... I have broadband and landline with Virgin but as they are increasing their charges, I am looking around to switch. I was going to go with Vodafone but although they say uncapped data, it DOES have restrictions! Got caught with this before iwith Sky and my bills ended up being way higher than I had initially anticipated. Has anyone any clue who is doing the best deal at the min or am I just better calling Virgin to see if I can get a better deal with them...... confused!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Are you getting HD for this price or is it an extra €5?

HD not included for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

et101 wrote: »
    Help PLEASE..... I have broadband and landline with Virgin but as they are increasing their charges, I am looking around to switch. I was going to go with Vodafone but although they say uncapped data, it DOES have restrictions! Got caught with this before iwith Sky and my bills ended up being way higher than I had initially anticipated. Has anyone any clue who is doing the best deal at the min or am I just better calling Virgin to see if I can get a better deal with them...... confused!!
    This thread is for Sky TV deals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Just off the phone. Half price on any package plus HD for a fiver for 6 months with no contract, but had to say no to a couple of lesser offers first.

Went with variety and HD for 24.50 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I had given cancellation notice and got a call yesterday asking what they could do.

Originally I was offered on two occasions -

Variety @ 10months 35% off and 2months full
    HD €15 for 12 months (no discount)
    Broadband €35 6months + €50 remaining 6.

Today they offered me -

Variety @ 10months 50% off and 2months full
    HD €7.50 for 9 months and 3 months full
    Broadband €40 9months and 3months at €50 per month

I asked him could I get the 12 months HD @€;5 but he said no but would give me a one off €22.50 credit (which is the difference of €2.50 for the 9months)

Decided to take it.

Reason 1 being I couldn't go FTA as I have two young kids and the selection of kids channels is low (nick jr, disney, boomerang and a few others missing)

Reason 2 and this is the main one is i actually couldn't bring myself to go back to the Horizon box, it really is so bad I couldn't justify the small saving I could have made by going back to Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Speak Now wrote: »
    It's like an auction...40..45..50..55..anyone???

According to Switcher.ie its €45 for 12 months then €55 after that

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

muffler wrote: »
    This thread is for Sky TV deals.

Just askin........

et101 wrote: »
    Just askin........
    Try this thread so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Okay re-organised my Sky for 12 months.

Variety, HD, Boxsets, 2nd Multiroom Box, Unlimited Fibre Broadband, Sky Talk, Talk anytime for €76.50 per month. I'm happy enough because the normal price for all those together would be €126.50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Berty wrote: »
    Okay re-organised my Sky for 12 months.

Variety, HD, Boxsets, 2nd Multiroom Box, Unlimited Fibre Broadband, Sky Talk, Talk anytime for €76.50 per month. I'm happy enough because the normal price for all those together would be €126.50
    How did you manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

hellboy99 wrote: »
    How did you manage that?

Idiots. I had agreed to 84 without the Multiroom and then someone else got involved and said 65 so let her off, came back and confirmed it so I thought feck this and added Multiroom for €10 and free install.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Is online chat better for getting a deal? I had them ring me during the week to ask me to pay more ie either add on movies/sports or HD for 5. Eh, I'm trying to pay less???!!

Anyway no joy on a deal for us so far!

Starting to get scared now, plus I'll lose face to them if I've to ring to uncancel my cancel, lol :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Has anyone had any luck with getting a deal as a first time customer. I will be looking for TV, Talk and Broadband bundle as Virgin are no longer supporting TV in my area

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

ImARebel wrote: »
    Is online chat better for getting a deal? I had them ring me during the week to ask me to pay more ie either add on movies/sports or HD for 5. Eh, I'm trying to pay less???!!

Anyway no joy on a deal for us so far!

Starting to get scared now, plus I'll lose face to them if I've to ring to uncancel my cancel, lol :-)

I'm always being offered that HD deal for €5. I would probably just about consider it worthwhile, but it is for 12 months and the full price is €15 per month, which is outrageous. The guy was on again just now, and I said that no realy does mean no.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

not much there at the moment unless you can ring them and see will they do you a deal

http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

Sorry this probably has been discussed a lot but how the hell do you get them on the phone? On hold for 20 mins a few days ago, 30 mins another day ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Sorry this probably has been discussed a lot but how the hell do you get them on the phone? On hold for 20 mins a few days ago, 30 mins another day ? ? ?

The way I did it was to open a thread on the sky 'talk to' forum and ask them to arrange a call back.

They did and there was no waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

GaryCocs wrote: »

Thats strange, I've rang them a couple of times over the last two weeks at different times and haven't been longer than 3-4 mins waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'm always being offered that HD deal for €5. I would probably just about consider it worthwhile, but it is for 12 months and the full price is €15 per month, which is outrageous. The guy was on again just now, and I said that no realy does mean no.

If you've had HD before you aren't being tied to a new 12 month contract it's more of a fixed price deal. You can cancel at any time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

What's the best way of getting the HD for €5? I'm a sky customer but not under contract for TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

What's the best way of getting the HD for €5? I'm a sky customer but not under contract for TV.

Sign into your Sky account online, click on 'Variety Pack' or 'Orginal pack' when you hover over the shop tab, there should be an option for €5 HD+boxsets.

Sign into your Sky account online, click on 'Variety Pack' or 'Orginal pack' when you hover over the shop tab, there should be an option for €5 HD+boxsets.
    Just done that and got a strange message
    It looks like your Sky box isn't compatible for Sky Box Sets & HD at the moment...
    :eek:

muffler wrote: »
    Just done that and got a strange message :eek:

I got the same message. I think the offer on the site is trying to get people to ditch their old boxes for a modern HD box. I rang them and they gave it to me no problem for the €5 per month. Because I had it before I can downgrade at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

jca wrote: »
    I got the same message. I think the offer on the site is trying to get people to ditch their old boxes for a modern HD box. I rang them and they gave it to me no problem for the €5 per month. Because I had it before I can downgrade at any time.

Similar to this. Got the same message, went on chat and was able to tell them the type of box we have and got the same deal.

Same as the last couple of posters. I have a Sky+ HD box and thought the message was odd considering I had HD in the past. Rang in also and the guy explained that the web page was recognizing me/my account as a new customer but he give it to me for a fiver anyhow. Happy with that.

It's worth it for the fiver but too much anything over that. It really should be free at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It really should be free at this stage.

Should be but it is SKY we are dealing with!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

They are ringing me twice a day now. I'm beginning to think I should answer:-)

Advertisement