Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The guards cant make the decision as to whether it makes sense to have a car repaired or not..? They really are a helpless, self serving bunch..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

First time i've ever seen a civil defence veh-hicle was this morning and it was a 12-KE reg :rolleyes:

Here we go.. Everybody else excited in anticipation of what Joe will be bringing to us today:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

this sounds fishy............

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

She's only started and I couldn't make out the start of it what is her problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

She said no...what's the problem? Are we to ban charity collections now cause it makes some people feel uncomfortable?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Another much ado about nothing Lahv Lahn I fear today. Where are all the loons these days?

pc7 wrote: »
    She's only started and I couldn't make out the start of it what is her problem?

she doesn't like being reminded of poor people when she's in TK Max. There's a time and place for that - charity galas.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

At least she has a medical card, my husband paid 55 euro yesterday and then 16 for prescriptions, I have no sympathy when it comes to 20 euro(cold I know but ffs!)

"one or two children down"..

Does Joe think we are all raising child soldiers?

• Advertisement

Joe doesn't worry about medical costs as he makes more than 20 Nurses (combined) do in an average year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

3 different topics before 2 o clock again.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

how would you forget about a claim, seriously ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

The show is all over the place already. And why is this a national issue?

how would you forget about a claim, seriously ?

Might have been during the boom when she would have wiped her bum with 250 euro

i'd be more annoyed at the plumber taking five days to find a leak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

non disclosure of a material fact will invalidate a policy

Disgraceful Joe, It's not my fault I forgot about a claim I made. I mean NO-ONE knows that leaving out details on a policy voids any claim. It's not like I was taught that in secondary school Business Organisation or anything like that......

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

ah a broker knows best.. how would an ordinary joe/josephine possibly be able to do such a difficult task by themselves.. save the broker industry (not)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

So she effectively lied (at least signed a statement of fact that wasn't true ) on her proposal form. Insurance company is perfectly justified in not paying out. They're not responsible for her faulty memory. NEXT!

• Advertisement

Disgraceful Joe, It's not my fault I forgot about a claim I made. I mean NO-ONE knows that leaving out details on a policy voids any claim. It's not like I was taught that in secondary school Business Organisation or anything like that......

Do you seriously expect this woman to accept responsibility for her own mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

So many subjects before 2pm like yesterday. This is gonna be like fiver friday where he will devote half his show every day to his personal agenda. This week being the doner card issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Ah the joys of amnesia ffs

I'm hanging on to hear Mooney .. On Pat Kenny this morning, they were having a discussion about RTE having a left wing agenda.. Senator Ronán Mullen had a go at Mooney, saying that his interview with Peter Thatchell (a few weeks) ago was completely biased... I'm sure Derek wont be able to let this one go.. :D

"....huge onus on the person to take responsibility themselves"

Jeez, who'd have thought that was part of growing up?

Yakuza wrote: »
    So she effectively lied (at least signed a statement of fact that wasn't true ) on her proposal form. Insurance company is perfectly justified in not paying out. They're not responsible for her faulty memory. NEXT!

Thats what it comes down to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

"wow" addition to the bingo card methinks

Do you seriously expect this woman to accept responsibility for her own mistake?

Not on Lahv Lahn I don't! She's ringing Joe for validation of her right to be stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Can anyone remember the 'new' word 'John' Duffys caller gave him in The Savage Eye as 'John' was tired of hearing the same words for misery ? I had fully intended to use it as soon as we moved onto an appropriate topic but can't remember the bloody thing.

• Advertisement

If she was asked she would have said no wouldnt she?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement