Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

2 bets for me having seen the starting lineups
    Kaka wincast @ 11/5
    Madrid -1 @ 6/5

Fairly confident, 10 euro on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Palace :mad: I had only three minutes to wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

gudede wrote: »
    I backed No Goalscorer @ 8/1 and a draw at half time at evens in the Crystal Palace V Cardiff game.

In the league, 8 out of Palaces home games have been a draw at half time (66.67%) & eight of Cardiff's away games have been a draw at half time (61.54%) including there last four away games. This game should also be tight as both teams won't want to lose it tonight, Palace went 600+ hours during the season without scoring so they are good at coming up with a blank and three of there homes game finished 0-0. Cardiff on the other hand only have one 0-0 but have nine games under 2.5, under 2.5 is probably a safer bet but I hate backing that and the 0-0 offers value. Also Palace team have been sick so they will want to keep it tight and slow pace because fitness levels wouldn't be great.

Feck ya Gardner:(
    Only like 3mins to go

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Benzema doesn't start so Higuain Wincast it is @ 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Benzema doesn't start so Higuain Wincast it is @ 6/5

The odds drifted on those 2

very strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Sheff Utd (4th) –v- Yeovil (21st)
    Sheff Utd have already beaten Yeovil this season away from home and I’d expect them to do the job in Bramall Lane. Aside from the long journey north for Yeovil the stats are definitely in Sheff Utds favour, their home form is 9 Wins, 2 Draws, and 2 Losses, while Yeovil away 1 Win, 7 Draws, and 3 Losses.

Sheffield haven’t lost at home since the 1st October (vs Chartlon), and the last time they drew was the 29th October (Exeter), since then they’ve been on winning form at home.

Sheffield Utd to win, and cover the -1.

Luton (3rd) –v- Stockport (19th)
    4 wins on the trot for Luton, conceding just 1 goal while scoring 15. Stockport away form recently has been shocking, 5 games since an away win and 7 games since an away draw. Not much more to write into this as it seems straight forward.

Luton to win, and cover the -1.

Fleetwood Town (2nd) –v- Barrow (11th)
    11 games since a loss and only 1 loss at home all season firmly puts Fleetwood in the forefront of the betting in this match. Fleetwood want to keep the pressure on Wrexham while Luton are breathing down their throat in 3rd so Fleetwood will be desperate to get the 3 points here.

Fleetwoods home form is 6 Wins, 5 Draws, and 1 Loss while Barrows away form is grime reading 3 Wins, 2 Draws and 8 Losses. Barrow have conceded 27 goals away, just over 2 goals conceded per away game on average. While Fleetwood have scored nearly 2 goals per home game on average.

Fleetwood Town to win, and cover the -1.

I was contemplating whether to follow you or not and I didn't in the end. This is the second time its come back to haunt my ass, next time I am definitely following you the next time no doubt. Well done my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

5 out of 6 ain't half bad Gavin. Funnily enough the one I would have been most certain about covering the handicap was Luton.

Threw Fleetwood, Luton and Sheffield into an accumulator with Madrid, City, Spurs, Levante and Udinese. See how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Probably jump on Benzema/Higuain Wincast @ EVS

staked on both... leaves me where i started before the bet! pity higuain wandered offside for that goal could have been a nice night :pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    Bit of a shocker there

Benzema will most likely score anyway :pac:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

price ****up in the youth game on powers for 1st half goals surely

• Advertisement

over 0.5 goals is 11/10 and 1.5 5/1 with 9 mins gone:eek:.these games are full of goals

over 0.5 goals is 11/10 and 1.5 5/1 with 9 mins gone:eek:.these games are full of goals

next time post that

I missed out ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Well wasnt that suspended and changed fair and lively! Hmmmm..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Man City v Liverpool
    Liverpool Most Corners @ 7/4

Away from home Liverpool on average get 8.2 corners
    Away from home Liverpool conceded on average 4.7 corners
    At home City on average get 6.2 corners
    At home City on average concede 4 corners
    Liverpool won the corners match 6-5 in the same fixture last week.

Kompany is definately out and is the main stalwart in the defence and has been arguably their best player this year this should contribute to more Liverpool corners tomorrow night. Kolo Toure will also be missing so that is City's centre of defence gone. However this will mean that Kolorov will more than likely be starting at left back, he is very good going forward and is class from set peices so he should be well able to contribute to a City corner or two, however he can be suspect in defending and I'd expect Liverpool to try and take advantage of this. Dzeko, Silva and Balotelli are all doubts, while Aguero is still very strong up front, without Silva they're corner count shouldn't be too high, especially considering Yaya Toure is also missing and he has been an integral link between attack and defence for City this year.

If Liverpool start Gerrard, Maxi Rodriguez and Bellamy I will be considering putting a max bet on this tomorrow. I would recommend waiting to see the line ups and backing then but the 3-0 scoreline was flattering to City last week and if Kenny starts even any 2 of the 3 above tomorrow night I'd expect Liverpool to comfortably win the corner match.

By no means a sure thing (is anything?) but looks great value

will matter not if it stays 0-0 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

just had a quick look at a few French cup games for tomorrow.

Le Mans vs Lorient - In Le Mans 8 Home games this season its been 0-0 in 6 at half time and thus in 7 games the second half has had most goals.
    In their 9 away games this season, Lorient have failed to score in the first half 8 times, the only time they scored in the first half was way back at the start of August against PSG. I know there's a serious gulf in league positions but Lorient's away form has also been woeful, 1 win, 2 draw and 6 losses with the win also coming against PSG in August.
    0-0 at HT is 11/8 and 2nd half to be highest scoring is 11/10 (WHill) both look decent bets.

Lyon vs Lille - Lille haven't lost an away game yet this season 4 wins and 5 draws, and 3 of their last 4 have been 0-0 draws.

im liking

A di Natale to score in 90 minutes and Udinese to win the match 6/4

just have to read up on team news and are they taking the cup serious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

im liking

I've never bet on Di Natale, always missed out,

may finally get on this one

if ya get team news tomorrow lob it up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sheff Utd (4th) –v- Yeovil (21st)
    Sheffield Utd to win, and cover the -1.

Luton (3rd) –v- Stockport (19th)
    Luton to win, and cover the -1.

Fleetwood Town (2nd) –v- Barrow (11th)
    Fleetwood Town to win, and cover the -1.

4-0
    1-0
    4-1

Not bad if I must say.
    Irish94 wrote: »
    I was contemplating whether to follow you or not and I didn't in the end. This is the second time its come back to haunt my ass, next time I am definitely following you the next time no doubt. Well done my friend.

I think out of the 3 lots of bets I've written in here with actual write ups they've done decent enough (minus one Aussie match). I tend to try do write ups on the lesser leagues that wouldn't be all over news and the likes. Cheers. College exams over on Saturday, hangover Sunday, then 2 weeks off college to hopefully get a few decent winners.
    5 out of 6 ain't half bad Gavin. Funnily enough the one I would have been most certain about covering the handicap was Luton.

Cheers. Tell me about it, I was worried the other two might be dodgy, Luton only won by a penalty aswell.:eek:
    im liking

Does he usually do well in cup matches?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I think i read somewhere that di Natale has scored 27 in his last 24 HOME games.
    If he plays from the start tonight, i ll be on him to score, probably a wincast.

Last night he was 4/5 to score any time which is huge if you compare that to the any time odds that Ronaldo and Messi usually have.
    Those 2 might score more goals in 24 games but i doubt they score in more matches.
    Di Natale doesnt do hat-tricks one week and no goals next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    just had a quick look at a few French cup games for tomorrow.

Le Mans vs Lorient - In Le Mans 8 Home games this season its been 0-0 in 6 at half time and thus in 7 games the second half has had most goals.
    In their 9 away games this season, Lorient have failed to score in the first half 8 times, the only time they scored in the first half was way back at the start of August against PSG. I know there's a serious gulf in league positions but Lorient's away form has also been woeful, 1 win, 2 draw and 6 losses with the win also coming against PSG in August.
    0-0 at HT is 11/8 and 2nd half to be highest scoring is 11/10 (WHill) both look decent bets.

Careful, these 2 teams don't play in the same division, so I wouldn't take league form into account here. Both teams are on a bad run of form, Lorient got knocked out of the French cup by a 2nd division team last week. Le Mans' GK Makaridze is terrible and very prone to blunders. I'd wait for the team news before betting on this game, Lorient should win but it depends on what team they're gonna put out.

About the Lyon v Lille game, I like over 2.5 @ 2.00, games between these 2 teams are usually high scoring affairs, Lyon only have one CB available (Lovren) so they're gonna play with a makeshift defense, Lille are missing Sow but he's not that big of a loss imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I lost my wallet on NY night so had to cancel cards and such so haven't been able to bet online since! Going nuts here! Hopefully they arrive in the post today!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Or a good opportunity to give it up altogether :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭BQQ

city vulnerable in the air without Kompany and Toure.

Dare I say Andy Carroll first goalscorer :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

BQQ wrote: »
    city vulnerable in the air without Kompany and Toure.

Dare I say Andy Carroll first goalscorer :o:o:o

It mightened be a bad bet that and its not that Carroll is a beast in the air with/without Kompany playing, but he probably will be starting and the goal he scored against Oldham should have boosted his confidence... even if he did miss a sitter right after:pac:

I think ill stay clear of di natale wincast tonight, Udinese missing important players (gone to African Nations) and di natale most likely start on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Aguero anytime @ 13/10 (likely to start but will wait for lineups)

Man City to score 2+ @ EVS

A Carroll anytime @ 16/5 ain't bad if he starts the game... who knows maybe that last goal against Oldham will give him some confidence (and Kompany/Kolo unavailable)

On PP, Time of Last Goal after 71st min @ EVS

I like city v pool both teams to score - NO @ 1/1

I think Liverpool will really keep it tight because its a 2 legged afair and I think dont think Liverpool have the strikers to harm city even without Kompany

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

I think city will be too strong for liverpool again.. liverpool will play for the draw but city will want a win after sunday... gona take city -1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

inforfun wrote: »
    Or a good opportunity to give it up altogether :)

Ha! No can do, I'd be bored stupid with no results to look out for :). Didn't come in the post today anyway, rang the bank, they said the cards should be here tomorrow or Friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement