Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i hear debenhams are taking on folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

anybody know where i could get a part time job?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

The Shoe Rack by the Pound Shop in town are apparently looking for someone for flexitime. Must be available weekends if I read the sign correctly. I only saw it in passing though...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

NaNaNa1 wrote: »
    The Shoe Rack by the Pound Shop in town are apparently looking for someone for flexitime. Must be available weekends if I read the sign correctly. I only saw it in passing though...

Apply directly in store is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

Party World in Tramore are taking on temporary Halloween staff, if anyones living out that way. It's part time from what I hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

Apply directly in store is it ?

yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

• Registered Users Posts: 26 deisedeco

Keltech are always hiring. How government haven't closed place down I don't know. I couldn't imagine worse working conditions in factory in Ireland. Slave labour. Make up their own laws

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deiseco

deisedeco wrote: »
    Keltech are always hiring. How government haven't closed place down I don't know. I couldn't imagine worse working conditions in factory in Ireland. Slave labour. Make up their own laws

People are under the illusion that all Factories on the Industrial Estate are nice, safe jobs. Places like Teva, Genzyme, Bausch & Lomb, Honeywell, etc offer high rates of pay, usually for shift work. They are highly sterilised, 'nice' places to work.

Keltech is not a global company, with a lot of money behind it. It's a locally-owned company.

It employs a lot of people, who are perfectly happy to work there for their wages. It's a Steel factory, so it's not a soft place to work. As for law-breaking, you shouldn't really post remarks like that on an Internet forum, without getting your facts clear....

• Advertisement

They don't pay overtime. Advertising jobs at 39hours a week. 50-60 is reality with no overtime. Again I would doubt you could find worse place to work in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deiseco

They don't pay overtime. Advertising jobs at 39hours a week. 50-60 is reality with no overtime. Again I would doubt you could find worse place to work in Ireland

What you're saying is factually incorrect.

The basic working week IS 39 Hours. Anything over that is classed as overtime. To clarify an important point, you DO get paid for overtime, but you don't get an overtime premium. By law, companies are not required to pay a premium. An employee is entitled to their basic pay, at least, for any overtime worked. No more, no less.

Again, your facts are just plain wrong.

My facts are not wrong. Yes you get basic pay for 10-20 hours overtime which occurs every week with no overtime rate. You seem very pro keltech. Obviously never worked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Deiseco wrote: »
    People are under the illusion that all Factories on the Industrial Estate are nice, safe jobs. Places like Teva, Genzyme, Bausch & Lomb, Honeywell, etc offer high rates of pay, usually for shift work. They are highly sterilised, 'nice' places to work.

Keltech is not a global company, with a lot of money behind it. It's a locally-owned company.

It employs a lot of people, who are perfectly happy to work there for their wages. It's a Steel factory, so it's not a soft place to work. As for law-breaking, you shouldn't really post remarks like that on an Internet forum, without getting your facts clear....

Where do Keltech stand with the working time directive? I've heard lots of reports of 60hour weeks? Sorry if I have it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I was due to go there for an interview a year or two ago, there was dialogue and phone calls back and forth so I went out bought clothes made an effort did research I was pulling upto the premisses in my car and they called me and told me not to bother, position was filled, never witnessed such unprofessional behaviour in my life.

50-60 hour weeks, starting at 6 pm or am . A job is a job, but keltech or 'helltech' as its referred to. Ain't a job anyone stays in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

yeah i heard the stories and its not a nice place to work by all accounts but its getting close to christmas and a job is a job even if you only stuck it out until the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Biggest ****hole out in the estate.

yeah i heard the stories and its not a nice place to work by all accounts but its getting close to christmas and a job is a job even if you only stuck it out until the new year

im sure places taking on for Christmas be better option, heard house of o Donoghue on estate taking on part time.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

Anyone get a phone interview from debenhams today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 deisegal1

Any

• Registered Users Posts: 14 deisegal1

Anyone know of any christmas work?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Only if your five stone overweight with a long grey beard

Seriously though most large retailers take on extra staff for xmas and are not always widely advertised due to the large volume of applicants.
    You should try all retailers websites and call in store asking for application forms.
    Argos deffinintely employ extra part-time staff for xmas but I would try tesco,heatons,debenhams,tk-max,harvey norman,halfords,boots,macauleys, all clothing retailers and maybe get in touch with winterval to see if they know of any of this years stallholders that need an extra pair of hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

TK maxx looking for Assistant manager. + noticed a few Xmas staff signs in shop windows around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

south wrote: »

Went to apply for it but the Pre-Interview Questionnaire is a dead link any one have a copy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Went to apply for it but the Pre-Interview Questionnaire is a dead link any one have a copy ?

yeah looking for the same

Anyone get a phone interview from debenhams today?

Had mine last Monday, said they would be back to me in 2 weeks to let me know if I'm going through for another interview

Just out of interest, did anyone go for an interview with O2? I went over 2 weeks ago and they said they would get back to me within 3-4 days but no joy. Rang them and they're not returning calls, assuming I didn't get it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Kizzles wrote: »
    Just out of interest, did anyone go for an interview with O2? I went over 2 weeks ago and they said they would get back to me within 3-4 days but no joy. Rang them and they're not returning calls, assuming I didn't get it :(

Think the position has been filled. There is a new sales person in the shop now.

Advertisement