Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't Play send me electronics/gadgets/other items?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Squidgie wrote: »
    try recession bustours.ie they receive anything from UK suppliers and courier them down south for €20 ;)

Thats great, instead of the ease and convenience of buying online I can go up North from Portlaoise for e30. Firstly though I have to buy a train ticket from Limerick! Remember the other half the country below Portlaoise!

Or you can try Mymemory.co.uk (Free Shipping) is an excellent site. Of course Pixmania and Komplett are good.
    Planetgizmo isn't bad (at least they ship to Ireland) and Advancedmp3players is also good. Dealextreme are also excellent for gadgets and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I was unable to buy a mankini off play.com because it was classified a gadget!!!!:mad:
    Very Annoyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Very Annoyed

Many will probably rejoice :P

Anyway, http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/costumes/borat-mankini.html

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

its also the same for amazon as well, they just dont send electronics to certain countries (lame)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anytime I want to order a gadget or small electronics from play.com , I just edit my address ... I put IE as my postcode and United Kingdom as my country , everything else I leave the same and hey presto ... order taken , goods arrive usually 2 days later than normal (I presume they go around the UK Postal Service until someone figures out .. hey , this is for Ireland) ..

Ive bought earphones for my iPod and SD Memory Cards for cameras - never a problem (although I wouldn't recommend doing this for expensive items .. no more than £10 in value)

• Advertisement

I wonder how well it might work if you put in E1RE as your postcode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GreenLand

RayCon wrote: »
    Anytime I want to order a gadget or small electronics from play.com , I just edit my address ... I put IE as my postcode and United Kingdom as my country , everything else I leave the same and hey presto ... order taken , goods arrive usually 2 days later than normal (I presume they go around the UK Postal Service until someone figures out .. hey , this is for Ireland)

Thanks for that, just got pair of earphone from PLAY.COM:D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Has anyone experience of buying something from the UK or US and using borderlinx.com's designated address? Is is better or worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Since this thread was started when they didn't, and I haven't seen it mentioned since, note that Amazon UK have been shipping most gadgets/video games etc. to Ireland again for quite a while now. (Marketplace sellers are still a bit hit and miss, though.)

adolfo wrote: »
    I got a dvd from Play without above problem

This thread is about electronics, not DVDs. Play have always sent DVDs to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I added a T Shirt to my basket on Play.com but said it can only be delivered to a UK address. I doubled checked their Help page and it says clothing can be sent to Ireland. has anyone else experienced this lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Does the UK post code BT11AA (As seen on Bargain alerts) Work for Play.com Electricals, does anyone know? I'm trying to buy a Present for my Nephew (iPod/iTouch docking station) - and never knew that they didn't deliver here. I just put €30 on Debit card, and now found out, they won't deliver to Ireland. Has anyone ever found a succesful way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Allyall wrote: »
    Does the UK post code BT11AA (As seen on Bargain alerts) Work for Play.com Electricals, does anyone know? I'm trying to buy a Present for my Nephew (iPod/iTouch docking station) - and never knew that they didn't deliver here. I just put €30 on Debit card, and now found out, they won't deliver to Ireland. Has anyone ever found a succesful way around this?

Be careful what you order with the BT11AA postcode, have been using it myself to buy books, games and DVD's (in sterling) basically anything small enough for a postman to deliver. Never had a problem untill I ordered a bigger book (bulk/big size) and play tried to deliver it by courier which led it to be returned in error back to them by the courier.

Sent them an e-mail explaining how I'd made a mistake :rolleyes: in the address so have to see will they repost to irish address after I'm probably forced to pay in euro.

So be warned if the item is large or expensive I would assume that they will try to send it by courier and so it will end up been returned to them. Amazon.co.uk allow you to pay in sterling so compare prices and maybe go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Just an update on the above

We after many e-mails got our money refunded minus the postage costs to play.com. So lesson learned if it's big or expensive don't use the post code.

Advertisement