Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

CHRIST I HATE DEALING WITH THE PUBLIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Julybreeze wrote: »
    Baby brother born last night, beautiful little lad. Scary to think I'll be in my forties when he's my age :O
    Congratulations.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    CHRIST I HATE DEALING WITH THE PUBLIC.
    What happened?

Happy Paddy's Day tLL.

Have to go into town soon to pick up a few bits, hope it's not too busy, our parade starts at 4pm I think.

Cooking dinner today too, fun times ahead.

Hope you all have a lovely day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

happy st Patrick's day everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

July breeze, congratulations on the birth of your baby brother! :D

Acoshla what happened?

The parade here seems to be the only one that's over, all other parades that I've heard about seem to be on around 3 or 4 this afternoon.

I'm sitting with my feet up watching another episode of The Mentalist while keeping an eye on the matches. Looks like my mad bet isn't going to come up because Rangers are losing 2-0.

Edit: It's 2-1 after 59 minutes, I still hold some hope.. I need Everton to win though, it's 1-1 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Happy St Patricks day all, I hate this day, too messy for my tastes and I can't handle the crowds to watch the local parade.
    Instead, spending the day inside reading with the OH who is going to make me dinner tonight :) Nice bottle of wine to crack open too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Its been a hectic few days. Had an assignment, two exams and a meeting with my supervisor this week - all of which are over. Both exams went well, I came out of my meeting rather upset with myself but I'm putting it into perspective now - 59.5% is merely a grade to push me, its a definite 2.1 with barely any corrections and I am going to do a lot of work to it anyway.
    Other stuff happening this week had me feeling down as well, it just seemed like a lot building up. Its also made me realise the things that I do have. Friends who will drag me for icecream when I'm being an antisocial bint, and others who will call me just to check I'm okay and cheer me on for the last two weeks of term. On the other hand, I've discovered that the ex is a total arse, whose idea of checking someone is okay is to tell them they're over-reacting and need to take a chill pill, because they're a bit stressed out at everything that happened Tuesday (exam, supervisor meeting, lack of sleep, news about Paul) - the fact that they knew basically everything about me, including an episode with a former friend of mine after the death of one of my besties two years ago which went quite similarly seemed to make it worse. He's an inconsiderate idiot and should know better, and thats what kills me most of all - that he's now SUCH a different person.
    Currently sat in a computer lab wanting to scream at SPSS for not doing what I want it to. Guh.
    Happy Paddy's Day Tll.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    The parade here seems to be the only one that's over, all other parades that I've heard about seem to be on around 3 or 4 this afternoon.

Galway's one was at 11.30. Used always be at 3. Bet there are some confused locals around, wondering why there's nothing going on right now!

Galway's one was at 11.30. Used always be at 3. Bet there are some confused locals around, wondering why there's nothing going on right now!

Our's was before 11.30am mass. It was a nice little parade actually. The fact that it's a nice day helped I think. :)

Customer's taking the piss is not what I need today. I'm so fed up, and have a good 4 hours more work to do today, or leave it til tomorrow, big fun. I need a holiday. I'm wondering if 2 years is my limit for how long I can stick this job, beats my previous record of 1 year 3 months at least...Wish I had some sort of decent work ethic, it has plagued me since my first job at 15 that I get sick of things so quick!

Customer's taking the piss is not what I need today. I'm so fed up, and have a good 4 hours more work to do today, or leave it til tomorrow, big fun. I need a holiday. I'm wondering if 2 years is my limit for how long I can stick this job, beats my previous record of 1 year 3 months at least...Wish I had some sort of decent work ethic, it has plagued me since my first job at 15 that I get sick of things so quick!

Would a short (or long!) holiday be an option? Even a weekend away from customers and catering for everyone else, to be pampered by others for a change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Happy Paddy's Day :)
    Not sure what to do with myself today, it's my only day off til the end of next week so I feel like I should do something but I've no interest in the parade, bf won't go to the pub to watch the rugby and it's too rainy out to go for a walk. Is it too early to just put on some Irish films and start boozin? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Really shouldn't head to the shop right after the gym. I bought steak, mince and an entire rack of lamb just for me. Also got fish sauce, a pack of ingredients to make red curry paste, garlic&herb butter and chocolate :o (have a load of veg already, no idea what I'm going to make too)

Would a short (or long!) holiday be an option? Even a weekend away from customers and catering for everyone else, to be pampered by others for a change?

Nope, can't take any time off until mid April, then I have to go down home to my dentist to fix bonding on one of my teeth, then no free time again until the end of May.

I just sent two angry emails, aaaaaahhhhhh the relief, nothing like an angry fed up Acoshla to send a strongly worded email. Sent one for me to the dress company and one for the boyfriend. Got refund for the dress today, and then got an email from the CEO saying "We hope you enjoy your purchase, please fill out this customer service survey", with pleasure!!!:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Happy Paddy's Day :)
    Not sure what to do with myself today, it's my only day off til the end of next week so I feel like I should do something but I've no interest in the parade, bf won't go to the pub to watch the rugby and it's too rainy out to go for a walk. Is it too early to just put on some Irish films and start boozin? :D

Its never too early : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Orla K wrote: »
    Really shouldn't head to the shop right after the gym. I bought steak, mince and an entire rack of lamb just for me. Also got fish sauce, a pack of ingredients to make red curry paste, garlic&herb butter and chocolate :o (have a load of veg already, no idea what I'm going to make too)
    I'm cooking rack of lamb today too, going to put some garlic on it when it is cooking.

I'm gonna do some mash and garlic spuds with it and some veg too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I made it to a year of my own business before being sick of it. You did better than me. :D

It's the public that ruined it for me. Why can't I get a job where I get set tasks to do every day then go and sit in an office do it and go home. Or win the lotto. I'd like to win the lotto. :)

I made it to a year of my own business before being sick of it. You did better than me. :D

It's the public that ruined it for me. Why can't I get a job where I get set tasks to do every day then go and sit in an office do it and go home. Or win the lotto. I'd like to win the lotto. :)

Yeah the public are tough, but unfortunately because I'm an idiot and didn't take school or college seriously all I can get a job in is retail because I worked in it for years, so I have to deal with the public. The only job I ever did that deal with the public directly was Vet's Assistant, which I adored, but it's not feasible here, in Canada it was totally different to vet nursing would be here.

Yeah the public are tough, but unfortunately because I'm an idiot and didn't take school or college seriously all I can get a job in is retail because I worked in it for years, so I have to deal with the public. The only job I ever did that deal with the public directly was Vet's Assistant, which I adored, but it's not feasible here, in Canada it was totally different to vet nursing would be here.

There's no jobs anyway. Not even in retail. :D I'm leaving my premises at the end of this month and trying to sort another place part time to tide me over, I LOVE the work, with the right clients and I always have but when it's my main money maker I don't want to do it anymore. I'd have always wondered if I wanted it if I hadn't tried it though, so despite the fact it hasn't worked out how I hoped it would I'm delighted I tried. Wanted to do it since I was 14, now I know it's not for me as a full time career. Not right now anyway, would be great if you had kids and all that jazz so you could work around them. No real jobs out there though, have been applying since before the new year, just in case. In college all day Thursday and Friday so hopefully I can get a job out of that. If all else fails I can get a job as a care assistant, which I'm very close to applying for. I'm going to pop back into my old job to ask for a written reference though, they might help me out. :)

It wasn't even the sports people that ruined it for me, they've all been awesome it was the arses that wanted other treatments that I only took on for the money...and the livingsocial vouchers, oh how I could rant about some of the dicksh1ts that bought them... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Poor oh woke from his nap to me sobbing crying at one born every minute and a poor forceps baby
    sob sob

RQ I'll be doing it til April 2013 anyway because I've bookings til then :pac: I couldn't go back to retail, especially as it would now involve a big commute, but I've just had my foundations shaken in the last two weeks, I was never cut out for this working lark. I would love to be so ambitious that I put everything into my career but that's just not my personality, never has been. And my parents are very diligent great workers, dunno where I came from!

And yep at least you gave it a go and now you know, better than always wondering about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Hope you can get a decent break soon, Acoshla! You definitely deserve a holiday!

I was very upset yesterday because one of my friends belittled my essay result and implied that I only got it because the lecturer felt sorry for me*. He also accused me of flinging it in his face, even though he called me and asked me outright what I got (not even "were you happy with your result?" or something kind of neutral.)

*This was apparently because the lecturer knows by now that I didn't get schols and wanted to give me a First so that I wouldn't feel so bad when I find out in April, so there was also the "you don't have a chance at schols!" dig thrown in for good measure.

Probably sounds like a silly thing to be upset about but I was EXHAUSTED yesterday and really didn't need to hear that kind of thing. It was so nasty and completely needless.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hope you can get a decent break soon, Acoshla! You definitely deserve a holiday!

I was very upset yesterday because one of my friends belittled my essay result and implied that I only got it because the lecturer felt sorry for me*. He also accused me of flinging it in his face, even though he called me and asked me outright what I got (not even "were you happy with your result?" or something kind of neutral.)

*This was apparently because the lecturer knows by now that I didn't get schols and wanted to give me a First so that I wouldn't feel so bad when I find out in April, so there was also the "you don't have a chance at schols!" dig thrown in for good measure.

Probably sounds like a silly thing to be upset about but I was EXHAUSTED yesterday and really didn't need to hear that kind of thing. It was so nasty and completely needless.

I never ask what result a person got. It's rude and puts pressure on them in my opinion. I ask whether they are happy or not and they'll divulge the info if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm cooking rack of lamb today too, going to put some garlic on it when it is cooking.

I'm gonna do some mash and garlic spuds with it and some veg too.

I've cooked and eaten most of mine, I used some of my garlic and herb butter with it. Had roast veg in the bottom of the tray. I only cook for me so all that food is just for me:o

Jeez almostnever if that was me I'd be so p**ed off with him, that's just nasty.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I never ask what result a person got. It's rude and puts pressure on them in my opinion. I ask whether they are happy or not and they'll divulge the info if they want.

Almostnever that sucks, ignore them, just trying to annoy you.

Mars Bar that's a nice way of asking, I might borrow that, I would just absent mindedly ask what someone got in an exam etc, but that's a much better way of asking in case they don't want to tell.

I never cease to amaze myself and my mother with how I dust myself off after disasters and mistakes in life and turn them around, just did it on a minor scale today and my mother's laughing at it, it should make me feel some bit better about myself and work but even that's not working today! Beer and nachos are the only answer I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

It's so rude to ask somebody that. I still haven't told anyone what I got in my leaving cert, nevermind anything else, I just think it doesn't matter. I think if someone wants to tell someone that they passed then fair enough but nobody needs to know exactly what score was achieved in great detail.

I'm always saying that to my boyfriend. People won't remember that you got As, Bs or Cs, they'll remember that you passed everything and now have a great job because of your hard work.

Mars Bar wrote: »

Ditto. It's a dangerous question to ask, you have no idea what those results mean to the person you're asking, or what's depending on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

He's so needlessly horrible to me sometimes, I was saying something a few weeks ago about researching law firms in the UK and he gave me a disgusted look. Later that day he started ranting about how people who want to become solicitors are inherently inferior to people like him who know they want to be barristers, because he'll be a professional and everyone else will be "doing a trade." :rolleyes: He's very lucky I didn't snap his head off yesterday to be honest, my patience with him is going to run out soon!

On the plus side, next week is going to be awesome and I'll be spending time with the people who make me happy. :D

He's so needlessly horrible to me sometimes, I was saying something a few weeks ago about researching law firms in the UK and he gave me a disgusted look. Later that day he started ranting about how people who want to become solicitors are inherently inferior to people like him who know they want to be barristers, because he'll be a professional and everyone else will be "doing a trade." :rolleyes: He's very lucky I didn't snap his head off yesterday to be honest, my patience with him is going to run out soon!

On the plus side, next week is going to be awesome and I'll be spending time with the people who make me happy. :D

He sounds like a tool.

• Advertisement

He sounds like he's jealous of you...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement