Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Zumba hurt tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

That doesn't mean that other people won't find it offensive - particularly an ad that picks on as many offensive stereotypes as this one does.

This doesn't surprise me at all from Paddy Power though - a company known for such gems as ads where odds were offered on whether old women would make it across a road.

Oh I know that. I don't tend to get offended by any ad's though. Their purpose is to grab attention and if that's what it does well then they've won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Posy wrote: »
    Oooh, what flavour?? :p:)
    Swedish Glace Juicy Raspberry

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, fancy! Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Dear ladies of the ladies lounge,
    I thought these stats would be of interest to you

Total times bubblefett has ever baked in her life- less than 10
    Total times bubblefett has baked in the last month- 6 times
    Time spent posting in this thread- 2 months

You have corrupted me! :D
    Currently have a marbled vanilla and chocolate cake in the oven
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm a Skyrim widow, he's been playing almost every waking hour for the past week.

I'm just going to sit here and hint about cups of tea and see how long it takes. It shall be an experiment!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Dropping back in before dropping back out again - been sick since Monday, but still going to work when i probably shouldn't be. Can't seem to shake this feeling of sadness that I have atm, can't seem to get my head around work or anything, feels like I'm stuck so far down a hole that there is no point in trying to get out. Been trying a number of ways to get out of it, but its just not happening for me tbh :(

Laptop lead decided to give up at the weekend, so fairly annoyed about the whole thing. Inspector also arrived yesterday - thought I sent her an email saying I didn't have the hall, but apparently I didn't - so will more than likely end up getting another visit, was very annoyed at the fact that she came on a day that I thought I didn't have a class even because the hall was being prepped for the mock exams.

Gonna unsub from this thread again, won't be back to check cos its too easy to post, PM always open - see ye all soon, hope ye all are doing well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Shortly after pressing snooze this morning I heard a dog screeching downstairs. Que everyone jumping up out of bed to the aid of screeching dog. The boy dog had been on my bed and was trying to get out of the room as quickly as me, he got in the way of the door and BAM door hits my big toe. Feel pain. Don't care. Run to other dog. Find out my dad caught her paw in the back door while forcing her out in the rain. Look down. Blood everywhere. It's not the dogs. :eek:

Toe has barely stopped bleeding all day. I know how she felt. Only she's not in pain anymore and I am. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm a Skyrim widow, he's been playing almost every waking hour for the past week.

I'm just going to sit here and hint about cups of tea and see how long it takes. It shall be an experiment!

haha I love the term skyrim widow :p
    Me and the OH had been waiting for that game for years so we made a pact that the week it's released we wouldn't be seeing eachother at all

Mmmmm house smells like yum

bubblefett wrote: »
    haha I love the term skyrim widow :p
    Me and the OH had been waiting for that game for years so we made a pact that the week it's released we wouldn't be seeing eachother at all

Mmmmm house smells like yum

He's had it over a month, the amount of time spent playing has been spiraling upward in the past two weeks. For someone like me who's a gamer themselves it feels kind of weird to be saying that it's started to get out of hand. Like, I used to play epic runs of Black and White, and we spent a lot of time playing Silent Hill but this is something different. I'm actually going to have to have a chat with him about it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I feel like I've no one to talk to at home!

Everyone elses life at the minute is ****e so I feel crap about complaining about random stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I ate too much dinner.

But that Duck was fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ross O'Carroll Kelly retweeted me; I feel so special. He retweets everyone, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ross O'Carroll Kelly retweeted me; I feel so special. He retweets everyone, but still...

Graham Linehan and Ben Goldacre retweeted me before. Felt proper famous for about 5 minutes :o

And Rob Kearney has replied to some of my tweets. I mean, we're practically BFFs now at this stage. (may be a bit of a stretch..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh wow. just tried the Soap and Glory No Clogs Allowed face mask, and wow my skin feels really fresh. hopefully there'll be a noticeable improvement with my skin using this for a while ;) feels amazing anyway!

thanks honey-ec for suggesting soap and glory, gonna look out for the Scrub Your Nose In It another time ;)

hope it's a nice day tomorrow, would really like a good long walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Das Kitty wrote: »

I'm a WoW and now Star Wars widow, and as I don't play anything like that myself it gets damn boring. He seems to think that it's okay to spend 12+ hours playing if one of his characters is a big boobed kick ass girl who bears a resemblance to me physically or has my name :rolleyes:

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'm a WoW and now Star Wars widow, and as I don't play anything like that myself it gets damn boring. He seems to think that it's okay to spend 12+ hours playing if one of his characters is a big boobed kick ass girl who bears a resemblance to me physically or has my name :rolleyes:

I have my tea now and Skyrim is off.

Watching a new programme: Awake.

Considering it's a pilot it's actually awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Just woke up from a nap. It has actually done nothing to help. :(

Now to finish off* presentation! More :(.

*=Or actually, write all the slides for presentation because I was too tired to do it properly earlier.... :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera wrote: »

Handcuffs at the ready :P

Say dittie again and there coming out :-P
    Just woke up from a nap. It has actually done nothing to help. :(

Now to finish off* presentation! More :(.

*=Or actually, write all the slides for presentation because I was too tired to do it properly earlier.... :/

Whats it on?

Pancakes tomorrow I hope for dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Today was just filled with horriblness and coughing and bleh and trying to put a positive spin on it just has worn me out, so I am not a happy camper today :( Still tomorrow begins in t-34 min...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Whats it on?

Ovarian cancer or other masses of the adnexa uteri.

Doesn't have to be very long though. So that's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Had a lovely dins with the girls to celebrate one of them heading off to work in NY for 3 months. We went to The Counter and it was tres yummy! You build your own burger with a little survey thingy, it's so fun! :p I got bean sprouts on my burger, I love bean sprouts! I thoroughly enjoyed the experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Why is asking a guy out such a fecking ordeal? I'm having to work myself up to asking him to go for a drink with me, and this is someone who was flirting like mental with me for the last week. He's busy this week, with collegey stuff so haven't really spoken to him in a day or two and I'm actually annoyed at how in my head he now is... :/

Anyone know if telepathy to make them ask YOU out works?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why is asking a guy out such a fecking ordeal? I'm having to work myself up to asking him to go for a drink with me, and this is someone who was flirting like mental with me for the last week. He's busy this week, with collegey stuff so haven't really spoken to him in a day or two and I'm actually annoyed at how in my head he now is... :/

Speaking as a guy, being asked out by a girl is awesome, we like that. dont make a big deal of it but make it clear its a date, like when you get talking to him again just ask if he wants to go for a drink with you, if hes bring flirty and you know he likes you go for it, whats there to lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

no telepathy is more like reading minds, what you need to use is "the force"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

krudler wrote: »
    Speaking as a guy, being asked out by a girl is awesome, we like that. dont make a big deal of it but make it clear its a date, like when you get talking to him again just ask if he wants to go for a drink with you, if hes bring flirty and you know he likes you go for it, whats there to lose?

Its more that I'm friends with him, and he's one of those people who you never know where serious begins and messing ends. Now he's been fairly forward but still I'm nervous as hell, I'm not good at this!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its more that I'm friends with him, and he's one of those people who you never know where serious begins and messing ends. Now he's been fairly forward but still I'm nervous as hell, I'm not good at this!

welcome to our world ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

My stupid freaking internet is crashing on me every few minutes. It's driving my crazy.

Perlico will be getting a very angry call from me tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

krudler wrote: »
    welcome to our world ;)

Isn't it funny? Men are supposedly crap at taking hints, yet are the ones who've had to do the asking out, and women get terrified about asking guys out even though the guys are apparently delighted when they do.

Something went wrong somewhere, methinks! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

I never really understood the idea that women couldnt/ shouldnt do the asking out.
    Its scary as hell but a bit of an adrenaline buzz,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement