Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you prefer Fine Gael to Form a Government with Sinn Fein or Fianna Fail

Options
  • 23-02-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

It is a possibility so don't rule it out...but

Given the choice, Would you prefer Fine Gael to go into government with Fianna Fail or Sinn Fein? :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

FF without a shadow of doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

I'd prefer the Nazi party to form with Fianna Gail than those other two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Well, neither, obviously, and neither would happen, no matter what, but if i HAD to pick one, it would of course be FF.

They may be incompetent corrupt common criminals, but at least they're not incompetent corrupt murderers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

dclane wrote: »
    I'd prefer the Nazi party to form with Fianna Gail than those other two

Since they are both extreme right fascists, they would get on quite well.

On a serious note, you know that Adams would not be Enda's little b!tch so anything that was too mad would not get through, though as they are extreme opposites you can tell FF would probably have less arguments with them, though you can imagine how much would be given to the banks if FG and FF were in together!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

A party that supports alleged murderers and alleged bank robbers vs a party that supports alleged corrupt individuals and thieves

Mmmmmmm let me think

I wouldn't trust either one to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If FF had any morals or any belief in their 4 Year Plan, they would do a Tallaght Strategy on it and back FG.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Well, neither, obviously, and neither would happen, no matter what, but if i HAD to pick one, it would of course be FF.

They may be incompetent and corrupt, but at least they're not incompetent corrupt murderers.

FG - Fascists - Fought with Franco.

FF - anti-treaty - cause civil war in Ireland.

Labour - Official IRA.

Sinn Féin - Provisional IRA.

The Provos and Officials are long dissolved, the Continuity and the Reals are not associated with any of the above parties, so if you don't want "murderers" in the Dáil, then you better be voting Greens and Independents! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

I'd prefer a FG/FF coalition over a FG/Labour coalition never mind the sinn fein option. If FF and FG joined together we may then get proper left and right wing politics in this country which is strongly required instead of this populist centre bull**** trying to please all of the people all of the time without considering what sort of political system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Fianna Fail.

Hopefully, the Republican bits of FF would split off and join SF in permanent obscurity, the Permanent Government civil service types in FF would run to Labour, the Parish Pumpers can feck off to be local Independents, and the pro-business element would meld with FG.

They could rebrand as the Christian Democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭paul71

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    FG - Fascists - Fought with Franco.

FF - anti-treaty - cause civil war in Ireland.

Labour - Official IRA.

Sinn Féin - Provisional IRA.

The Provos and Officials are long dissolved, the Continuity and the Reals are not associated with any of the above parties, so if you don't want "murderers" in the Dáil, then you better be voting Greens and Independents! :rolleyes:

All so incestuous isn't, funny that each one can be traced back to the IRB/Sein Fein and the only desendant of the old Irish Parlimentary Party the largest nationalist party at the time is the SDLP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Labour - Official IRA.

Why are you spouting these nonsensical lies?

Labour was formed as the political wing of the Irish Trade Union Congress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

niallers1 wrote: »

Given the choice, Would you prefer Fine Gael to go into government with Fianna Fail or Sinn Fein? :eek:

Rock & Hard Place springs to mind, since neither respect the views of Irish people or their rights.

If the above were an either-or scenario, I'd vote Labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If FF had any morals

They don't and they never have. Which is why we're in this mess.

Back on topic, neither.
    FG and SF, neither of which I'm a fan of, are economically incompatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Thankfully fine gael wouldn't form a coalition with either.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Why are you spouting these nonsensical lies?

Labour was formed as the political wing of the Irish Trade Union Congress.

Dear God read a book!

ITGWU - Irish Citizen's Army

Labour was the political part of the Officials, hence the questions about why if Adam's is being questioned about his supposed militant past if Gilmore isn't getting the same grilling.

When Gilmore was on the late late he was questioned on it too!

I cannot see why people are so ashamed of Ireland's past. We are a country who has had to fight hard to get where we are and not always by peaceful means.

http://irishconflict.webs.com/nationalistparties.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If FF had any morals or any belief in their 4 Year Plan, they would do a Tallaght Strategy on it and back FG.

Micheál Martin said on Matt Cooper 3 weeks ago that he would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

raymon wrote: »
    A party that supports alleged murderers and alleged bank robbers vs a party that supports alleged corrupt individuals and thieves

Sorry, which is which?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

I wonder would Labour do a deal with FF + A.N. Other(s) if FG could make it without them? :eek:
    Let's face it. Most of their senior heads are pushing on, they will probably never serve in government if they don't make it this time. And they do have a bit of form in this regard (1992) :).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dear God read a book!

Labour was the political part of the Officials, hence the questions about why if Adam's is being questioned about his supposed militant past if Gilmore isn't getting the same grilling.

I cannot see why people are so ashamed of Ireland's past. We are a country who has had to fight hard to get where we are and not always by peaceful means.

I'd suggest reading up on The Workers Party and after that Democratic Left.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Dear God read a book!

History of ITGWU.

Read up yourself. Just because many union members took part in the 1916 uprising as Irish Citizen Army members, it doesn't follow that "ITGWU - Irish Citizen's Army".

Further, Adams' past is being questioned because people may be concerned that he personally may have been involved in criminality.

Gilmore has no such questions about his past (unless these questions are just to deflect attention).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Adrian009

niallers1 wrote: »

Sinn Fein, but only if they repudiated the IRA and stopped calling us the 26 counties. Ireland, or Eire, are the offical names of our country.

Anyway, we have 29 counties these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cc4life

Adrian009 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein, but only if they repudiated the IRA and stopped calling us the 26 counties. Ireland, or Eire, are the offical names of our country.

Anyway, we have 29 counties these days.

how have we 29?

cc4life wrote: »
    how have we 29?

South Dublin, Fingal and Dun Laoghaire, plus the other 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I couldn't care less tbh.. both FF and SF are invalid parties atm. The greatest injustice would be if Labour side with them. Wave goodbye to any sort of decent opposition if that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Adrian009

cc4life wrote: »
    how have we 29?

South Dublin, Fingal and Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown were added a few years back. C'mon, I know you SF lads are mainly based in the north but were only across the border from ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭hardcore

I would pick FF as SF-FG coalition would simply collapse during negotations of the coalition policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I couldn't care less tbh.. both FF and SF are invalid parties atm. The greatest injustice would be if Labour side with them. Wave goodbye to any sort of decent opposition if that happens.

Thing is, it's either a Labour led opposition, or a FG majority or as near it Government! I'd prefer Labour in Government with FG, I think they'd do the country more service that way.

Opposition doesn't mean that much in the Dail unfortunately.

As for the OP, FF but both are unlikely. Funny enough, I'd say SF is more likely. FF would be committing political suicide by going into Government again.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

right now, i could not care who run the country, as long as those that get in do a good job,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Pherekydes wrote: »
    South Dublin, Fingal and Dun Laoghaire, plus the other 26.

thats 28 lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

SF - in that they've actually more experience in Government(NI) than FG.

Advertisement