Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€75 Freezeout €2,000 Guaranteed - Friday 12th Blazin Aces Waterford

• 11-09-2008 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

blazinacescllubxr4.jpg

€2,000 Guaranteed

Rake Capped at €4 for cash tables all night

Septmber 12th - Friday

€75 Freezeout

€75
    NO LIMIT HOLD’EM

Friday 12th Blazin Aces Waterford
    1 DAY EVENT

BUY IN: 75 Euro Reg Inc 10%

REGISTRATION 8PM
    START 8:30PM

Chips
    Starting Chips 12,000

LEVEL|DURATION|SMALL BLIND|BIG BLIND|ANTE
    |
    |
    |
    |
    01|20 Minutes|25|50|0
    02|20 Minutes|50|100|0
    03|020 Minutes|100|200|0|
    04|20 Minutes|150|300|0
    05|20 Minutes|200|400|0
    06|20 Minutes|300|600|0
    07|20 Minutes|400|800|0|
    08|20 Minutes|500|1000
    09|20 Minutes|800|1500|
    10|20 Minutes|1000|2000|
    11|20 Minutes|1500|3000|
    12|20 Minutes|2000|4000|
    13|20 Minutes|3000|6000|
    14|20 Minutes|4000|8000|
    15|20 Minutes|5000|10000|
    16|20 Minutes|7000|15000|
    17|20 Minutes|10000|20000|
    18|20 Minutes|15000|30000|

Details:
    1. Who is running the event:Blazin aces
    2. The purpose of the event: Commercial
    3. Date and Location of event: Sunday 12th September ,BLAZIN ACES,WATERFORD
    4. Registration and Start time of event: 8pm Reg Starts8.30pm Sharp
    5. Any prerequisites: All players Welcome
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number: 55 tickets:
    7. Type of Tournament: No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em Freezeout.
    8. Cost of entry €75 - Freezeout
    10. Prize fund: €5 Reg fee and 5% League money capped at €100
    11. Any guaranteed prize pool - €2000
    13. Starting Chips: 12,000
    15. Blind levels: All levels Included 20 Min Clock.

In other news , We will have details of our new weekly game being launched in the riverside hotel new ross every tuesday starting tuesday week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

put me down for this, how many do you expect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 blaaaaaa

will be playing this great value but how many are runner ye expecting. were there many tickets give out during the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 NUL150

wheres de value if they get 28 players or more??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

value = €7.50 (12.5%) reg and €7.50 (12.5%) league = 25% of the pool deducted?

so it's a €60.00 + 25% (€15.00) fees

now that's great value :confused:

I won't be there as you may have guessed, but I believe that I am within my rights to attempt to make other boards members aware of the situation.

If I am wrong about any of the above, please don't hesitate to set me right and I will be more than happy to retract any/all of my statment/s

yours,

Bops

any1 would do well 2 see value dere if thats de case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

bops wrote: »
    value = €7.50 (12.5%) reg and €7.50 (12.5%) league = 25% of the pool deducted?

so it's a €60.00 + 25% (€15.00) fees

now that's great value :confused:

I won't be there as you may have guessed, but I believe that I am within my rights to attempt to make other boards members aware of the situation.

If I am wrong about any of the above, please don't hesitate to set me right and I will be more than happy to retract any/all of my statment/s

yours,

Bops

I Fully appreciate seamus is your friend and you will support his event.Just for your information Ian, Our club Reg is €5 Tommorrow And the Friday night game league is capped at €100 which is normally less then 5%. the cash rake is capped at €4 and do me a favour enjoy yourself in Seamus's ....
    (By the way hope u will play in New Ross at the Riverview Starting Next tuesday every week) .

Neill

blaaaaaa wrote: »
    will be playing this great value but how many are runner ye expecting. were there many tickets give out during the week?

We have 16 Tickets out so far and we expect more , I expect a crowd of 40+ for this game .

Neill

NUL150 wrote: »
    any1 would do well 2 see value dere if thats de case

Hope my post has cleared up the comment

i dont see where friends come in2 it but can i just ask what is de reg and de league normally den ? and de normal rake ? and den i mite see de value...

i dont see where friends come in2 it but can i just ask what is de reg and de league normally den ? and de normal rake ? and den i mite see de value...

your total of 4 posts & quality of same speaks for itself

• Advertisement

sorry i asked :D

I Fully appreciate seamus is your friend and you will support his event.Just for your information Ian, Our club Reg is €5 Tommorrow And the Friday night game league is capped at €100 which is normally less then 5%. the cash rake is capped at €4 and do me a favour enjoy yourself in Seamus's ....
    (By the way hope u will play in New Ross at the Riverview Starting Next tuesday every week) .

Neill

Hi Neill,

it was nothing to do with my relationship with seamus, i just thought your op was misleading (which it was) and was of the belief that it ought to be cleared up (which you did)

€5 reg and the league deductions capped at €100 all seem fair to me

It's just a pity that you set it up on the same night as Seamus' first monthly game, now we have got to gg's with gt's on the same night in the same city (and of course nothing for the rest of the month :confused: )

good luck with your new game in new ross, i'm pretty busy at the moment, but will pop in to say hello

hope you had a good holiday

gl

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A word of advice NUL150. Avoid using textspeak, and write full words, its not too hard with a full keyboard and will help you to get replies to your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭gigetheman

Hi Neill,

it was nothing to do with my relationship with seamus, i just thought your op was misleading (which it was) and was of the belief that it ought to be cleared up (which you did)

It's just a pity that you set it up on the same night as Seamus' first monthly game, now we have got to gg's with gt's on the same night in the same city (and of course nothing for the rest of the month :confused: )

good luck with your new game in new ross, i'm pretty busy at the moment, but will pop in to say hello

gl

ian

i think someone else has logged into bops account, this fella is to nice to be bops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PPlayer

Well done Neill. Now the Blazing Aces owners are going to insult their customers? Good marketing ploy.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

at least have the balls to sign in with your usual boards name rather than registering a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PPLayer banned for trolling.

Lads - Big Slick Poker has answered the questions on the thread in a reasonable manner. No more setting up accounts purely to troll and derail threads. Full IP Checks and bans of other accounts on those IP's will follow

KevIRL wrote: »
    PPLayer banned for trolling.

Lads - Big Slick Poker has answered the questions on the thread in a reasonable manner. No more setting up accounts purely to troll and derail threads. Full IP Checks and bans of other accounts on those IP's will follow

Thanks Kev

Hi Neill,

gl

ian

Thats no problem Bops, U are fully entitled to the comments and asking the questions and the op was changed .

Hope all is well

Neill

With all the rubbish posting that was going on during the week with regard to the 2 games in Waterford last night I decided to reserve any comments until after the events.

Bops, strictly speaking you are within your rights to comment on a Tournament you are not playing in but I would question why you would bother unless you had an ulterior motive e.g. that you were playing in the other event that was in direct opposition to the event in Blazin Aces.

You listed out the various deductions and tried to show that the tournament was bad value. Well I would have thought as this stage of your life that you should know that “Value” is not based purely in monetary terms nor is everything in life measured on +EV/-EV.

Just taking a very simplistic view of value your tournament based on an entry (Nett Cost) of €200 with a guaranteed prize fund of €5,000 required 25 players to break even. The tournament in Blazin Aces (using your original figures which was not the case in the end) based on an entry of (Nett Cost) of €60 required 33.3 players so calculate the value there yourself.

Your game (I’m even afraid to mention the name) was a monthly game whereas the game in Aces was a regular weekly game which has been played every Friday since the start of June I think.

For purely commercial decisions it was decided to guarantee a prize fund of €2,000 and that to me was a sensible business decision. So why you felt necessary to “make players aware” is beyond me as they have been playing all summer.

There are a variety of reasons why people would choose to play in Aces rather than your tournament
    (a) Affordability, not everyone can afford €220
    (b) Convenience, the location may be more convenient
    (c) Comfort zone, many players are more comfortable playing in their regular club
    (d) Familiarity with other club members
    (e) Friendship with regular club members
    (f) Loyalty to their regular club
    (g) Atmosphere & craic

You speak about value & mention the €7.50 (actual €5.00) fee being taken out for the league. Most of those playing in Aces in the Friday night game will probably be among the 45 players who will qualify to play in the league final & will therefore have an opportunity to win a large prize & more than recover this fee. The approximate €5.00 for fuel it cost you to drive from New Ross & back you will never see again. So where’s the value there.

Waterford had 2 good games last night, 30 players in Aces and 25 in your tournament. (Frightening that almost 22% did not show from the original list :eek: :eek:).

I sincerely hope that for the future that all the nonsense that went on this week, and this was from both sides, will not happen again. Of course there’s going to be rivalry between the two clubs and this could benefit the players but could also see both clubs suffer with neither being successful.

I would like to see both clubs & supporters just getting on with their business & let’s cut out the snide comments & the knocking of the other game.

Lets play poker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

No reason why both games cannot flourish and its disappointing to see throat slitting.

Not good for any club.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

kakak1 wrote: »
    With all the rubbish posting that was going on during the week with regard to the 2 games in Waterford last night I decided to reserve any comments until after the events.

Bops, strictly speaking you are within your rights to comment on a Tournament you are not playing in but I would question why you would bother unless you had an ulterior motive e.g. that you were playing in the other event that was in direct opposition to the event in Blazin Aces.

You listed out the various deductions and tried to show that the tournament was bad value. Well I would have thought as this stage of your life that you should know that “Value” is not based purely in monetary terms nor is everything in life measured on +EV/-EV.

Just taking a very simplistic view of value your tournament based on an entry (Nett Cost) of €200 with a guaranteed prize fund of €5,000 required 25 players to break even. The tournament in Blazin Aces (using your original figures which was not the case in the end) based on an entry of (Nett Cost) of €60 required 33.3 players so calculate the value there yourself.

Your game (I’m even afraid to mention the name) was a monthly game whereas the game in Aces was a regular weekly game which has been played every Friday since the start of June I think.

For purely commercial decisions it was decided to guarantee a prize fund of €2,000 and that to me was a sensible business decision. So why you felt necessary to “make players aware” is beyond me as they have been playing all summer.

There are a variety of reasons why people would choose to play in Aces rather than your tournament
    (c) Comfort zone, many players are more comfortable playing in their regular club
    (g) Atmosphere & craic

You speak about value & mention the €7.50 (actual €5.00) fee being taken out for the league. Most of those playing in Aces in the Friday night game will probably be among the 45 players who will qualify to play in the league final & will therefore have an opportunity to win a large prize & more than recover this fee. The approximate €5.00 for fuel it cost you to drive from New Ross & back you will never see again. So where’s the value there.

Waterford had 2 good games last night, 30 players in Aces and 25 in your tournament. (Frightening that almost 22% did not show from the original list :eek: :eek:).

I sincerely hope that for the future that all the nonsense that went on this week, and this was from both sides, will not happen again. Of course there’s going to be rivalry between the two clubs and this could benefit the players but could also see both clubs suffer with neither being successful.

I would like to see both clubs & supporters just getting on with their business & let’s cut out the snide comments & the knocking of the other game.

Lets play poker.

A nice sensible post Kakak: the poker playing population of the South-East should be delighted to see two well-run clubs offering a choice of games.

David,

your post may appear well written and put together, but it is so wrong on many fronts:

No you didn't, you were slyly promoting BA's game in the WPC's thread, you deleted it fairly quickly, but Nicky quoted you - remember??

AFAIK there was only rubbish posts at the time made by BA regs on the WPC's thread

Yes i was within my rights, and my motives are simple - to show my fellow Boardsies the truth, which, if I may add, got them a reduced reg fee and a cap on the deductions for the tourney league. you would think some people might be grateful??

LOL! the simple fact is that there is no realistic value in anything if there is 25% of it deducted before you start, ok there was certainly a poorer standard of players playing in your game, but that's pretty hard to put a value on.

This has nothin to do with value, unless there is an overlay, which there wasn't at either game afaik

they g'td the 2k in a direct response to the WPC's gt of 5k, nothing wrong with that, but they put it up on Boards which then makes it my business (i'm always on the lookout for my fellow boardsies)
    (g) Atmosphere & craic

a - fair enough, but on the other hand, not everyone (me) wants to play in a small buyin tourney?
    b - may or may not? better parking facilities at the WPC, i suppose convienence depends on where you are commin from?
    c - yes, and many players are less confortable playing in a clubs that they are not familiar with where non- regs are made to feel like outsiders and are not made very welcome
    d - same as c
    e - same as c
    f - same as c - do you not realise that all the above points are actually negative reasons of why people should go to Aces who are not regs??
    g - there was great atmosphere and craic, lots of friends and familiar faces at the game where i played

most and probably doesn't cover everyone
    outside costs like travel are something only each individual can calculate and see if it's worth their while and again is irrelivant imo

what? so 1 in 5 didn't show?? very standard for all tournies afaik, the fact that the WPC reached their Gt says something good though for their first large buyin game

the BS was fairly one-sided imo, and of couse it will happen again
    rivalry will always have it's pro's and cons - such is life

i hope your not impling that i have made any snide comments? as i am sure i have not. i would like to add that i am not a supporter of any game, i make an informed decision to go to whatever available games are on on the basis of preference (which is guaged in many ways including $ value)
    Lets play poker.

ok HU for rolls?

(please excuse the bad grammer/spelling etc as i am fairly fk'd today

xx
    bops

No you didn't, you were slyly promoting BA's game in the WPC's thread, you deleted it fairly quickly, but Nicky quoted you - remember??

AFAIK there was only rubbish posts at the time made by BA regs on the WPC's thread

We could argue this one forever & still have to agree to disagree.

However on the above lets be perfectly clear about one thing .....At no time was I slyly promoting Aces game in the WPC thread. What I did was in reply to Nicky's post stating the "other game" was starting at 8 o'clock. I had also just read the Aces post for next Sundays game which has a starting time of 7.30pm, which I mistook for Fridays game & I jokingly said "I can play in Aces, get knocked out & have time to play in Olympus".

It was in no way slyly promoting Aces, it was said as a joke, & I can see Nicky didn't take it as a joke from his reply post. I deleted my post then because it was of course wrong & I was also a little pissed off with the reply I got & said "fcuk this" I'm not getting involved.

Bops you quite obviously don't know me at all. I do nothing in life slyly. I call a spade a spade & I always stand up to be counted. If I think you're a cnut ( and I most certainly don't) I'll tell you to your face you're one. What you see is what you get so please don't ever imply I'm doing something on the sly, it's not my form, never was, never will be.

And just to clear one other small little matter, read your WPC thread, the rubbish / snide remarks wasn't one sided.

There's two sides to every story and you know, sometimes you only hear part of even one side of it.

With regard to your XX, .................. only if you shave ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

I've had a great idea......lol

Why don't we organise a couple of nights of HEADS UP play in both clubs

say 8 or 10 from each club.
    Run it Once in each club and the Winning team be crowned the BEST CLUB IN WATERFORD.....!!!

Could even do betting on it....
    Would also be good for business in both clubs and improve players.
    This is the way all poker related matters should be sorted out.

Team captins.

Blazin Aces- KAKAK1
    WPC - THE BOPS

So we got a game?

I've had a great idea......lol

Why don't we organise a couple of nights of HEADS UP play in both clubs

say 8 or 10 from each club.
    Run it Once in each club and the Winning team be crowned the BEST CLUB IN WATERFORD.....!!!

Could even do betting on it....
    Would also be good for business in both clubs and improve players.
    This is the way all poker related matters should be sorted out.

Team captins.

Blazin Aces- KAKAK1
    WPC - THE BOPS

So we got a game?

sure it would be past your bed time

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

sure it would be past your bed time

I'd stay up
    BUT I don't have a hope of making the top 10 in either club
    to many top players ahead of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 protective

i think its a shame that this has turned into the debacle it has...personally i thinks its great to have a choice between 2 tournaments and lets be realistic there is very little to choose between them value wise,it all depends on what a person is willing to spend..but when all is said and done this thread has achieved nothing only to create a sense of unfriendly rivalry, surely we as punters should promote both tournies and keep our options open,let the owners worry about the business of mud slinging...

protective wrote: »
    i think its a shame that this has turned into the debacle it has...personally i thinks its great to have a choice between 2 tournaments and lets be realistic there is very little to choose between them value wise,it all depends on what a person is willing to spend..but when all is said and done this thread has achieved nothing only to create a sense of unfriendly rivalry, surely we as punters should promote both tournies and keep our options open,let the owners worry about the business of mud slinging...

well said, I couldn't agree more with you

• Advertisement
Advertisement