Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oil Slick on the road from Sandymount to Point Depot.

Options
  • 28-07-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Hi All,

Quick heads up to anyone cycling to work in the morning along by Sandymount to the Point via the east link toll road; A vehicle of some kind has left a layer of what smells like diesel all along the road on the northbound side so mind yourselves and keep the speed down on the roundabouts and in the corners especially if the roads are wet in the morning (which is likely).

I came off as I left the end of the east link bridge as I was moving onto the roundabout at the Point - Both wheels lost all traction as if I was cycling on wet glass :eek:

So a big FY to the trucker who's responsible and a big thanks to the kindly English passer-by who pulled me out of the road.

PS: Anyone know who to report this to to get it gritted over?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

:eek: Ouch I hope you're alright? Is the bike ok?
    Re reporting it to someone, maybe www.fixmystreet.ie? And the council?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

Its grand - chicks dig scars apparently :D

I'll report it to both of those groups -The council should be able to get it sorted fairly quick I'd imagine.

Unfortunately the bike picked up a few scrapes alright. Nice big gouge out of the left hand shifter (Ultegra :()

Advertisement