Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using Tocco as a modem

Options
  • 08-02-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I hope someone can help me on this
    I am trying to use my samsung tocco as a modem for my mio p550 pda.
    I cannot get the phone to dial out for me

Can anyone tell me how to set up the phone and pc to access emails and internet.

I am on vodafone

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved From Laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Did you get software and a data cable with your phone? usually it's straight forward enough to install the software, plug in the phone and just follow the prompts to use your phone as a modem.

Make sure you check out pricing with your network beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Sorry to dig up an ancient thread but i'm in this situation now

I've installed the software but must be filling in something wrong! Attempting to go online via phone on my laptop, on meteor

has anyone done it? If so please guide me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

nevermind got it working!

for anyone else thats stuck heres my guide!

As theres no Ireland option you've to choose other

APN Name: wap.mymeteor.ie
    Phone Number: *99**1*1#
    username: my
    password: wap

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Samurai wrote: »
    nevermind got it working!

for anyone else thats stuck heres my guide!

As theres no Ireland option you've to choose other

APN Name: wap.mymeteor.ie
    Phone Number: *99**1*1#
    username: my
    password: wap

I also have a Samsung phone (SGH-J700) and use this alot, with those settings. Works great as a backup when my connection goes out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement