Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 heaneman

Surely a late late late slot could be procured and then taped by those interested.
    As regards the RnR promo I hope it did not give away too much in that Eoin changes his mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

Agree with all you guys, very disappointing that the old episodes are not being shown this summer. I would hope that they would reconsider their decision and hope that this is not a sign of things to come for summers from now on.

Surely TG4 could have found a slot in-between their repeats of Bonanza and Little House on the Prairie? I mean, it is an Irish language station after all, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

The whole of Season 4 is on youtube but I don't see any other seasons there bar the odd random episode. I'm not sure what season they were on last summer but it was definately after this one as Berni is still pregnant in these.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Very sad news today. Diarmuid Mac An Adhastair has passed away. May he Rest In Peace.

Ní bheidh a leithéid arís ann. Laoch den chéad scoth. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

8178848214_ea460cb781.jpg

Ah, that's awful sad news. He's been there from the start and was one of the hearts and soul of the show. A great actor and a great character. A friend of mine, who is also a fan of the show, met him once and she reckoned that what saw what was you got. A genuine man.

Farewell Diarmuid, you will be missed. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

• Advertisement

BandMember wrote: »
    Ah, that's awful sad news. He's been there from the start and was one of the hearts and soul of the show. A great actor and a great character. A friend of mine, who is also a fan of the show, met him once and she reckoned that what saw what was you got. A genuine man.

Farewell Diarmuid, you will be missed. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

I was lucky enough to meet him once myself. An absolute gent and very similar to his character in many ways.

Very sad news today. Diarmuid Mac An Adhastair has passed away. May he Rest In Peace.

Ní bheidh a leithéid arís ann. Laoch den chéad scoth. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

8178848214_ea460cb781.jpg

Rest in Peace x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

no no no!

i loved his character Séamus! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Really didn't want to believe that :( ar dheis dé go raibh a anam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

R.I.P Diarmuid/ Seamus.

He and Tadhg in scenes together, were always my favourite parts of Ros na Run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Irishguy16

What a great actor, gutted to hear the bad news today, what a legend and a true gentleman, will never forget the scenes with Coilin, always arguing with one another over silly stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

He will be a huge loss. I loved his scenes with David, trying to hide the poteen. RIP Seamus Mhicil Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

Such sad news, Such a wonderful actor. He will be missed and the show will never be the same.

May he rest in peace.

Wrote a short tribute over on my Soap Blog...

Diarmuid Mac An Adhastair, Rest In Peace

Well written. R.I.P. Diarmuid.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

That was beautiful, thank you.
    R.I.P Diarmuid.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

What sad news! Seamus was my absolute favorite character on Ros na Run. Reminded me so much of some of the auld fellas back home. Diarmuid portrayed him so perfectly. From reading the tributes, it appears that he was a great gentleman in his own right. RIP Diarmuid, you will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Only after hearing that Seamus is dead

RIP Seamus

maureencol wrote: »
    What sad news! Seamus was my absolute favorite character on Ros na Run. Reminded me so much of some of the auld fellas back home. Diarmuid portrayed him so perfectly. From reading the tributes, it appears that he was a great gentleman in his own right. RIP Diarmuid, you will be missed.

I couldn't have put it better myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I was away from RnR on here for a while as I didn't want to read any spoilers so it is shocking to hear that Seamus has moved on. A great actor and always fun to watch. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Did you guys see the tribute video TG4 threw together the day after he died? No subtitles on it, and some of the scene choices are bit random, but it's still a good watch. So sad that he's passed away, the show just won't be the same without him. I hope they manage to write a good story for Séamus's exit... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

I can't understand why they have dropped classic Ros na Run from the summer schedule, they repeat a program called is ma lom pop every 12 days.

I can't understand why they have dropped classic Ros na Run from the summer schedule, they repeat a program called is ma lom pop every 12 days.

Ah stop, it's feckin ridiculous! Surely it is one of their biggest programs?? Getting Ros na Run withdrawals this summer 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

TG4 have a nice tribute programme to Seamus been showing right now.

technocrat wrote: »
    TG4 have a nice tribute programme to Seamus been showing right now.

Missed it! :( Any idea if it will be repeated or will be on the TG4 Player to watch back on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Missed it! :( Any idea if it will be repeated or will be on the TG4 Player to watch back on the website?

Doesn't appear to be listed on the TG4 player I am afraid :(
    It only briefly covered his role in Rosnarun but his early career as a publican and then fisherman was interesting.

It only briefly covered his role in Rosnarun but his early career as a publican and then fisherman was interesting.

That's a real shame. I'd love to have seen that! If it pops up later, please post here... :)

Between that and not showing the repeats, I hope that TG4 are not losing faith in Ros na Rún.... :(

That's a real shame. I'd love to have seen that! If it pops up later, please post here... :)

Between that and not showing the repeats, I hope that TG4 are not losing faith in Ros na Rún.... :(

It's on the player. It's called Saol ar Stáitse.

It's on the player. It's called Saol ar Stáitse.

Ah, that's brilliant news! That's my viewing for tonight sorted so! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ah, that's brilliant news! That's my viewing for tonight sorted so! :D

Mine too, just found it on the TG4 player

Advertisement