Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What day are you finished your leaving cert?

• 04-05-2005 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm thinking about running a couple of leaving cert parties this year in a venue but it'd really help if you guys (and girls of course) could let me know when you finish? From what I remember when I did it, most people finish on the 2nd week between Wed-Fri. Is this still the case? Anyway, vote in the poll please :)

To those that have an obscure exam at the end of the month - my sympathy! But if you plan to go out with the rest of your schoolmates when they finish, sure pick a day in the poll too :)

Cheers

What day do you finish the LC? 10 votes

Tuesday 14th
    0% 0 votes
    Wednesday 15th
    0% 0 votes
    Thursday 16th
    40% 4 votes
    Friday 17th
    10% 1 vote
    Later than that (aww!)
    50% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

Sometime in June 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I have the App Maths exam on the last day, but I'll probably go out before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

I have Ag Science but ill be going out lots before that, celebrating everyone else finishing before me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

http://www.examinations.ie/exam/WrittenLC05EV.pdf
    This is the first time I've seen the Leaving Cert timetable.
    I finish on Wednesday 22nd :( But that's after a four day gap. :) \o/

I wish they didn't put Maths Paper 2 on the same day as Geography. That realy sucks.

Anyone here doing app maths and ag science? There's one guy in my school who does both, so he'll probably have to stay after to do the exam by himself.

Last year I was helping the supervisors out and two guys had to do the construction exam from 6-9 in the evening after the classical one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by turiel
    To those that have an obscure exam at the end of the month - my sympathy!

I'm guessing you do all the boring subjects.

I finish on the last day too (Friday 24th), which gives me an insane amount of time between exams once the first week is over. Cramming by day, countdown by night. Oh yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭Alkers

A lot of people on here, myself included do Applied Maths and aren't finished until the 24th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

App Maths, 24th :(

Also App Maths. :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You gotta love that extra stretch at the end for applied maths... When I was in 6th year I was the only one in my year doing applied maths (I did it outside of school), so for the exam it was just me and the supervisor in the hall. Weird.
    ...but I digress.

• Advertisement

You gotta love that extra stretch at the end for applied maths... When I was in 6th year I was the only one in my year doing applied maths (I did it outside of school), so for the exam it was just me and the supervisor in the hall. Weird.
    ...but I digress.

That'll be the situation for me too. I feel sad for the supervisor that has come all the way to my school just for one pupil. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

You gotta love that extra stretch at the end for applied maths... When I was in 6th year I was the only one in my year doing applied maths (I did it outside of school), so for the exam it was just me and the supervisor in the hall. Weird ....but I digress.

I had that experience in JC, when I was the only one to do Religion, which I did for an easy grade (I got an A!). She kept talking to me!

I am the first person to vote on this poll who is finished on Wed 15 June. Is no-one else doing History? I also do Geog., French, Biology and Eng/Irish/Maths. I suppose people who also do Home Ec or Business as well as History are also finished (well, some of them) the same day as me.

That guy who is doing Ag Sci and Applied Maths: my sympathy! I have 6 successive days of exams than it's over!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

accounting monday the 20th of june 2:00-5:00

then i'm free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I finish with Classical Studies on the Wednesday 22nd, I have a week off in the middle of my Leaving though (I prefer it that way actually, gives me a breather)

I feel sad for the supervisor that has come all the way to my school just for one pupil. :rolleyes:

Don't be, it's their job and they'll get the same amount as money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

im finished on the 27th with engineering!

hum wrote:
    im finished on the 27th with engineering!

At least you had the option of doing the subject at your school, I would have like to do it. :( but yeah that sucks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jellybabyjane

i'm finished on the 24th (my bday :( )
    well at least im defo gonna have a good night that night! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You have the same birthday as me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

...but I digress.

Twas the same for me, except Japanese.
    Me and the examiner, me sitting there with a paper that was just a sheaf stapled together and listening to a tape of people speaking sickeningly slowly. Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

...but I digress.

We do Latin and Construction in our school. One person is doing both and they are time tabled for the same time. He has to do Construction first and then Latin straight after on his own. So he dosnet have any break! well I dunno he might do but he can`t lave the room obviously.

Im finnished on the 22nd for Economics

Beau wrote:
    We do Latin and Construction in our school. One person is doing both and they are time tabled for the same time. He has to do Construction first and then Latin straight after on his own. So he dosnet have any break! well I dunno he might do but he can`t lave the room obviously.

Well last year when I got paid to help out the supervisors last year for the leaving, three guys did the classical studies exam and then we (me and a guy helping out too) had to hang around with them while they had dinner and then they sat the exam until about 9. Plus the supervisors were keeping a close eye on all of us, I don't think they trusted me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

music, 23rd, ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

I'm finished on the 22nd, my last subject is Economics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

23rd after music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

OK, so a lot of you seem to be finished on June 24. But I know a girl (woman actually: mature army student in my class) who is finished on Tuesday June 14. She is doing E-I-M, Biology, Home Ec., Geog and French.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Music on 23rd for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Also more than that. Monday the 20th, last two exams are Physics and Accounting. Dull, my worst two. What a way to finish...

Advertisement