Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bosco Presenters

Options
  • 07-07-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

I was watching a programme on TV3 today called "Bring Back Bosco",and it just got me thinking about the presenters and what they might be doing nowadays as we never hear from or see them anymore. The only ones I remdmber are:
    Marion Richardson(because she looked like Wonder Woman)
    Frank Twomey
    Mary Garrioch
    Gráinne Uí Mhaitiú
    Marcus Higgins
    Barbara McNamara
    Bairbre Ní Chaoimh
    Jonathan ?????

Recently I was surprised to find out that Phillip Tyler is dead.

Does anybody know whatever happened to any of these presenters,if they are all still alive and are they still in the television or radio business?It would be very interesting to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Miseryguts

Isn't Valerie from Fair city not a former presenter?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

gay philip is dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Miseryguts wrote: »
    Isn't Valerie from Fair city not a former presenter?

I think she was "Grabbit" in one of the Saturday morning programmes and in the "Fáilte Road Café" and Pajo's Junkbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

marion is on rte radio

fryup wrote: »
    gay philip is dead?

I had no idea Phillip was gay-after Bosco he just vanished,with most of the others.....seeing the old clips,I thought Frank looked a bit camp(back then I would've been too young to notice those things,but I did have a crush on Marion)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Here you go

Edit: actually there isn't a huge amount of information there, unfortunately.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/bosco-frank-grainne-marian-677537-Nov2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'd such a crush on Philip! Young and naive:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I found Jonathan scarey, cos he had a beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

You may not realise it but Jonathan Ryan is one of the most in demand voice over artists for radio ads in Ireland during the last 30 years. Think of any deep voiced male advert (plus a lot of the celebrity impersonations on adverts) and its probably him.

http://www.voiceover.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Ryan Tubridy presents the Late Late Show now and talks nonstop about babies. He should be the presenter of a Bosco remake or other children's programmes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Ryan Tubridy presents the Late Late Show now and talks nonstop about babies. He should be the presenter of a Bosco remake or other children's programmes!!

Actually I could see him making a better presenter of the new "School Around The Corner" than Ray D'arcy.

At the height of the Bosco, Jonathan Ryan pulled in for petrol at our local shop - we were all star-struck urchins!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Frank gave a donation when I was collecting for charity about 7 or 8 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paddyc310

Marian was real sexy in that tight pink jeans. ,,anyone remember that.

paddyc310 wrote: »

Hmmm,yes-now that you mention it.........back then I was too young and "innocent" to think anyone was sexy but I did fancy her,even when she wore those dungarees also.I was a huge fan of Wonder Woman around the same time and I thought they both looked like each other

I found Jonathan scarey, cos he had a beard.
    Your not the only one.He had this slightly caddish air about him.Wasen't he in The Irish RM as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

darkdubh wrote: »
    Your not the only one.He had this slightly caddish air about him.Wasen't he in The Irish RM as well?

You're think of Peter Bowles?

You're think of Peter Bowles?
    No,I'm pretty sure Johnathan Ryan was in it too.In a fairly minor recurring part if i remember correctly.
    Edit:He was in it all right as Dr Hickey.He diden't appear till series 2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144053/epcast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

Seo dhaoibh Gráinne Uí Mhaitiú anois...here's Gràinne Uí Mhaitiú now:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

paulbok wrote: »
    Jonathan Ryan was in a recent episode of Game of

Think he was in one of the Jack Ryan movies as well. Seem to remember him in an Aran Sweater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

He was also in (albeit just one scene) In the Name of the Father

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

What about winking Paul Burton, brother of the Tanaiste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

^^^^^^^^^
    There's a few shots of him with the lovely Marion in this clip:

Also including Pelé with a cúpla focal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

thejuggler wrote: »
    You may not realise it but Jonathan Ryan is one of the most in demand voice over artists for radio ads in Ireland during the last 30 years. Think of any deep voiced male advert (plus a lot of the celebrity impersonations on adverts) and its probably him.

http://www.voiceover.ie/

I was in the arboretum in Wexford and the video voiceover was him (was at least 30 years old)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What about winking Paul Burton, brother of the Tanaiste.

The dub accent on him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Seasan wrote: »
    I had no idea Phillip was gay

thought it was pretty obvious...

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Seasan wrote: »
    I had no idea Phillip was gay-after Bosco he just vanished,with most of the others.....seeing the old clips,I thought Frank looked a bit camp(back then I would've been too young to notice those things,but I did have a crush on Marion)

Frank now occasionally turns up play "mary o'rourke" on joe duffy's "funny fridays".

marian (who i also had a bit of crush on!) is now presenting "playback" on rte radio 1 on saturday mornings.

don't know about the others (though i did kind of fancy, Grainne as well!)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

paddyc310 wrote: »

yes indeed I do! She was an absolute fox back in the day. Yeah, she did have a thing for dungarees. If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't there also a presenter by the name of "gert" or "gertie" as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

yes indeed I do! She was an absolute fox back in the day. Yeah, she did have a thing for dungarees. If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't there also a presenter by the name of "gert" or "gertie" as well?

There was indeed a presenter called Gertie

Advertisement