Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*Smackdown/NXT/Superstars spoilers* Nov 18th

• 16-11-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

NXT:
    JTG beats Yoshi Tatsu.
    Titus O' Neil beats Tyle Reks.

SUPERSTARS:
    Tyson Kidd beats Trent Barretta.

SMACKDOWN:
    The show begins with Mark Henry attacking Daniel Bryan in the back. Henry continues the beatdown all the way to the ring where Bryan lays in pain while Henry cuts a promo on beating Big Show at Survivor Series.

Vickie Announces that Dolph Ziggler will defend the United States title against Zack Ryder at Survivor Series as well as compete in the 5 on 5 match. Dolph Ziggler beats Sin Cara in a good match. Ziggler wins with help from Swagger.

Mason Ryan beats Jack Swagger in a quick match. Vickie was at ringside for both Ziggler & Swagger's matches.

Backstage Ted DiBiase and Hornswoggle are playing the WWE '12 video game until Teddy Long interupts. Then Askana enters the room, Hornswoggle and Long leave. The romantic music starts to play while she attempts to get very romantic with DiBiase.

Christian comes out wearing a neck brace, leg brace and crutches. He says he blames Teddy Long for allowing him to get hurt. He says he wants one more match regardless of what match it is. He tells WWE universe good riddance and leaves.

Backstage Big Show is next to Daniel Bryan who is lying on the doctors table. Big Show says he will find Mark Henry and get revenge.

Ted DiBiase beat Derrick Bateman in a quick match.

Big Show cut a promo about how Henry forced Bryan to be carried out of here and on Sunday he is going to force Henry to be carried out of Survivor Series.

Kofi Kingston beats Hunico .

Beth Phoenix and Natalya beat AJ and Kaitlyn.

A promo for Ezekial Jackson aired.

Randy Orton and Sheamus beat Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett via DQ after Christian interupts the match. Orton and Sheamus hit their finishers and take out Rhodes, Barrett and Christian.
    They pose for the crowd as Smackdown goes off the air.

Dark Match Main Event
    Big Show beats Mark Henry via a DQ with Booker T as the special referee. Big Show and Booker do a spinarooni and send the crowd home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Jackson will be "redebuting" on SD like Clay on Raw :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Jackson will be "redebuting" on SD like Clay on Raw :rolleyes:

Good to see they're bring in new and upcoming talent to get over!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Christian wants "one more match"? I'm not sure if I should take that in the sense of one last match in the WWE and then leaves, or one more match with Sheamus, or what...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

wouldnt surprise me if it was one more match before retirement, would be fitting for him and Edge to get their HOF induction together.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wouldnt surprise me if it was one more match before retirement, would be fitting for him and Edge to get their HOF induction together.

Cant see Christian going into the HOF anytime soon unless they do a E&C induction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Christian ain't retiring anytime soon. He's just playing up that he's worried about his own safety and "hopes" he can have another match at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

'One more match' refers to the World Title. It's Christian's schtick to say this on every show.

Smackdown looks real thin of star power when you lose the appearances from the Raw guys.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well that's good, I don't want Christian to go yet. Too many of the wrestlers I remember from when I was a kid are gone at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Wonder if Bryan will turn heel and cash in on Show if Show beats Henry at SS.

Would Ziggler vs Ryder at SS not make more sense then vs Jomo?considering Jomo has been jobbed out over the past month or so,and Zack is in basically every segment on Raw.

Glad Smackdown has less ''star power'' then Raw,as it generally means that SD! has less bullshít on it then Raw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

Would Ziggler vs Ryder at SS not make more sense then vs Jomo?considering Jomo has been jobbed out over the past month or so,and Zack is in basically every segment on Raw.

Looks like JoMo is back in WWE's good books along with Barrett. Plus Morrison beat Ziggler two weeks ago after Cole specifically mentioned that he hadn't won since August. Y'know, when Melina got starship Endeavour'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian's inury is legit yes?

I'm fairly sure it is, didn't it happen at a house show rather than on tv? Make little sense to make a kayfabe injury off-screen..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sheamus is getting a fantastic push. Hope he gets a title shot soon. I like when he teams with Orton too. They are different, but it works for me anyway.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sheamus is getting a fantastic push. Hope he gets a title shot soon. I like when he teams with Orton too. They are different, but it works for me anyway.

our fellah seems to be one of if not the only guy they have gotten fully behind and pushed right out of the new crop of superstars imo. This has been hugely helped by him doing everything right when pushed tbh but they didnt ever break his momentum during a push as they often do with throwaway losses like they have done with ADR recently. I almost hope he doesent get a title shot too soon because I imagine him continuing to go over and be pushed vs all the heels outside of the main event but either way I'm confident they will treat him right. HHHs buddy or not he is being treated the way he deserves imo from what he has shown and the reaction he has gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It really didn't take him long to get over as a face did it? He seems to get a really good reaction everywhere. Not sure about his "The Great White" moniker but at least it's better than the whole King Sheamus schtick I guess. He's a very dependable guy in the ring too, always puts on a decent match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Smackdown was very good this week.

Its written very well.

I have no idea where the Bryan involvement in Show and Henry is going but it has added a new Angle to the Show v Henry feud. His involvement was used well to create further anymosity between Henry and Show without them having to face off every week. Bryan possible cashing in as part of the storyline is also an intriguing angle.

Sheamus' push continues and continues to be executed well.

Barrett's return to form is welcome and again it is being executed well. I like Barrett as he gives you no reason to like him, he is a proper heel.

The Hunico v Kofi match and the Sin Cara v Ziggler matches were enjoyable. Ziggler is making the most of his on screen time. He has no problem making someone else look good and is excelling at using the promo time or his spots in a match to get his persona across.

Not sure what to make of Mason Ryan's push yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Agreed on pretty much all of that. Mason Ryan's push seems a bit forced but he's trying hard. Just think he could have spent some time getting established as a heel and it wouldn't have hurt him much, crowds seem a bit "meh" towards him at present. Overall though, logical booking, no annoying comedy segments, no ridiculous Twitter nonsense every 5 minutes, Smackdown is very enjoyable these days.

Advertisement