Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon UK - slow to dispatch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

This post has been deleted.

My postman told me that they had lost the contract with Amazon a few months ago but he still keeps delivering things from Amazon? Over the last ten years we must have had a hundred plus deliveries of books from Amazon and they have to this day always come via An Post.

Computer stuff I get from Amazon comes 50/50 An Post and courier. Strangest one was two massive toolboxes I bought in the summer that I was sure would come by courier arrived with the postman - good job he's got a van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Is it worth taking the free trial of amazon prime? Is there any catch to it? besides needing to unsubscribe before the end of the trial period?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I wondered about that, so they do deliver amazon prime to parcel motel, might be worth trying out so

• Advertisement

Sounds right that was when it was ultra quick for a while like 3 working days or less from dispatch. Seems to be back to 4-5 working days from dispatch now, but then at this time of year its difficult to judge, for example my postie normally arrives about midday but the last week he's not been hear till gone 2pm so is very busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I wondered about that, so they do deliver amazon prime to parcel motel, might be worth trying out so

Ordered three items on Saturday in the one order (all sold/fulfilled) by Amazon.
    Rather than ship them together I'm now waiting on 3 separate parcels.
    Would have worked out as 3 stays with parcel motel had I used them.
    Just something to keep in mind and something that seems to happen frequently enough recently with Amazon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Prime to parcel motel works perfectly fine,

you can sign up to a prime trial for 30 days and use that to get items delivered to parcel motel,

I used it in the past, ordered something Thursday morning very early, it got dispatched Thursday night, delivered to parcel motel Friday and i received it at the parcel motel locker on Saturday morning.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ordered three items on Saturday in the one order (all sold/fulfilled) by Amazon.
    Just something to keep in mind and something that seems to happen frequently enough recently with Amazon.

Thats not anything to do with prime,

Thats the fact that all the items weren't available in the one warehouse, which meant they had to be dispatched from different warehouses and could not be combined into one big parcel.

Amazon site has more info on this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200386120
    We can combine multiple orders into the same delivery if the order meets all the following criteria:

The orders are placed through the same customer account.
    The orders are being delivered to the same address.
    Orders being delivered to a EU address.
    Items from each order are located at the same Fulfilment Centre.
    The orders are dispatching at around the same time.

There are some cases when we won't be able to combine deliveries. For instance:

Orders that can't be dispatched from the same Fulfilment Centre to meet your promised delivery date.
    Orders dispatching from different Fulfilment Centres.
    Orders being dispatched to different addresses.
    Orders marked as gifts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

funnily enough i ordered an item and 3 books last night, the item is due 17th and the books on the 19th,

all in stock, all from amazon itself, all coming to the same address, all ordered at the same time...
    :confused:

what are they doing?

OK so I said I'd get back about to parcels from Amazon that were dispatched Friday and Saturday (7th,8th) respectively with super saver delivery. Well both arrived to day Wednesday with An Post, cant really fault that service, one parcel was books the other computer bits and pieces. If you exclude the weekend then in my book thats a free 2-3 day delivery service. The books (6 of them) took just sort of 2 days to dispatch and the computer stuff just a day.

Nearly forgot to mention was talking today with next door neighbor who had a stack of Amazon boxes in the hallway and it turns out that she had a failed delivery last week that was sent with iParcel, when followed up refunded straight away by Amazon.

OK so I said I'd get back about to parcels from Amazon that were dispatched Friday and Saturday (7th,8th) respectively with super saver delivery. Well both arrived to day Wednesday with An Post, cant really fault that service, one parcel was books the other computer bits and pieces. If you exclude the weekend then in my book thats a free 2-3 day delivery service. The books (6 of them) took just sort of 2 days to dispatch and the computer stuff just a day.

Nearly forgot to mention was talking today with next door neighbor who had a stack of Amazon boxes in the hallway and it turns out that she had a failed delivery last week that was sent with iParcel, when followed up refunded straight away by Amazon.

You and your neighbour are lucky!, im still waiting for my nieces doll to arrive its been 10 days! i thought i might have got it today but nope,
    It *should* be delivered tomorow by the looks of iparcels tracking site, however im not very optmistic because im in the west of the country and the depot is in dublin and they seem to only delivery items to the west maybe twice a week so fingers crossed

Entered into local delivery system 2013-12-10T14:41:53-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-12-10T00:00:00-05:00 IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-12-09T10:42:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Received at i-Parcel 2013-12-08T12:40:39-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-12-02T19:20:45-05:00 IE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I had an item late for 2 days was meant to land on Mon, but landed today & ordered more on Mon & was expected to arrive on or near 24th is now scheduled to arrive this Friday, i'll see if it does?

A bit hit or miss!

You and your neighbour are lucky!, im still waiting for my nieces doll to arrive its been 10 days! i thought i might have got it today but nope,
    It *should* be delivered tomorow by the looks of iparcels tracking site, however im not very optmistic because im in the west of the country and the depot is in dublin and they seem to only delivery items to the west maybe twice a week so fingers crossed

Entered into local delivery system 2013-12-10T14:41:53-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-12-10T00:00:00-05:00 IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-12-09T10:42:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-12-02T19:20:45-05:00 IE

Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) words that send shivers down my spinn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

I just create different accounts and use the 30 day free prime trial and Parcel Motel,never wait more then 2/3 days for my order.Just remember to turn off automatic reneweal of Prime to the paid version the day you sign up so you don't forget and get stung.

Been doing this for at least a year,pretty sure I would be rumbled by now because using the same CC,but Amazon either haven't noticed or don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Your goods will be delivered by Fastway who have depots all over the place even in the west:D

http://www.fastway.ie/courier-locator

http://www.fastway.ie/west
    http://www.fastway.ie/north-west
    http://www.fastway.ie/south-west

Put your area or town into the locator and it will list your local couriers and depot. Have you got an email from Fastway yet giving their tracking number? you can then follow it on their site

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Your goods will be delivered by Fastway who have depots all over the place even in the west:D

http://www.fastway.ie/courier-locator

http://www.fastway.ie/west
    http://www.fastway.ie/north-west
    http://www.fastway.ie/south-west

Put your area or town into the locator and it will list your local couriers and depot. Have you got an email from Fastway yet giving their tracking number? you can then follow it on their site

Nope nothing from fastway yet, i had a look for the nearest depot its galway, an hour and a half away from me, ah i can wait as long as it here before the 24th it'll be grand, its just the nuisance of waiting 10 days for a package to be delievered is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

I had an item late for 2 days was meant to land on Mon, but landed today & ordered more on Mon & was expected to arrive on or near 24th is now scheduled to arrive this Friday, i'll see if it does?

A bit hit or miss!

Same here, although i knew when they dispatched on friday that i probably wouldnt have it by Monday. Have 2 more orders waiting for dispatch which i hope with arrive by Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Nope nothing from fastway yet, i had a look for the nearest depot its galway, an hour and a half away from me, ah i can wait as long as it here before the 24th it'll be grand, its just the nuisance of waiting 10 days for a package to be delievered is all.

Check your spam/junk folder and sign up for email updates on the iparcel site.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ordered something on Sunday (free super saver), it dispatched on Monday. Slow to dispatch? no not at all.

• Feck, ordered a TV as a present and got the dispatch email today.

I-Parcel :mad:

First time I've ordered something from Amazon that has been sent by I Parcel but looking up reviews they dont look good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

After never having an issue before, I've been waiting three days for something (a book) to even be dispatched.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Well, I ordered 4 separate orders during the black friday sales and they all came within a week of dispatch. Can't really blame amazon for fukc ups on the postal services end, certainly it's up to them to remedy any fukc up when it occurs but beyond that, **** happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Well, I ordered 4 separate orders during the black friday sales and they all came within a week of dispatch. Can't really blame amazon for fukc ups on the postal services end, certainly it's up to them to remedy any fukc up when it occurs but beyond that, **** happens.

All items i ordered from the black friday sales arrived promptly. The issue i have is that Amazon are taking an age to actually dispatch my last 5 or so orders. Once they have been dispatched i usually receive them within 3-4 business days, it's the waiting 7 days for amazon to actually dispatch the item that is the problem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Feck, ordered a TV as a present and got the dispatch email today.

I-Parcel :mad:

First time I've ordered something from Amazon that has been sent by I Parcel but looking up reviews they dont look good.

I ordered something from amazon shipped via I-parcel and was quite quick to arrive, you can contact i-parcel to check the tracking number for fastway as they do the deliveries in Ireland. Reply was within a couple of hours,

Event Event Date City Country Code
    Delivered 2013-11-28T15:13:39-05:00 Dublin IE
    Out for delivery 2013-11-28T08:18:14-05:00 Dublin IE
    Entered into local delivery system 2013-11-27T18:20:36-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-11-27T00:00:00-05:00 IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-11-26T10:12:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Received at i-Parcel 2013-11-26T03:28:37-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-11-24T08:59:55-05:00 IE

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Updated table with Country codes, according to google it's Fastway hub so not actually a city :)

Advertisement