Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Start College before grant is approved?

• 30-08-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I have just received the registration letter from the college and on the letter it states I have to pay the student contribution fund upon registration.
    I have applied to SUSI in early July and have received no correspondence from them as of yet.
    I'm fairly confident the grant will be approved but i'm a bit concerned as to whether I have to pay the fee in a couple of weeks as SUSI could take another month or two to finalize!
    Can I start the course without making the contribution and wait until SUSI sorts it out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

depends on the college...can you say what college it is

Practices vary from college to college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭yer man!

I had this problem a few years ago in NUIG, they made me pay up the €2000 and said they'd refund it when they get the grant money. I was completely broke but they wouldn't budge, had to get my local TD to get my application through quicker, within in two days the grant was issued. This was pre SUSI so it was a bit easier to get things through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Spritzernitzle

depends on the college...can you say what college it is

Practices vary from college to college

It's for the LIT in limerick? Any help would be appreciated,
    Il have to give them a call tomorrow but I'm so eager I can't even wait until then

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ask them in LIT?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Spritzernitzle

Ask them in LIT?

I plan to! Just wanted the info before Monday as it's wrecking my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

it varies from college to college .

I read their site and it says

All fees must be paid by the relevant date(s) or learners will not be permitted to register. The only exceptions will be where documentary proof of eligibility to grant-aid is provided in advance of registration.

To me this is unclear but might suggest that they need you to confirm that you grant is approved. Check this out with LIT. Very few new entrants have grants approved by the time registration comes around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It's for the LIT in limerick? Any help would be appreciated,
    Il have to give them a call tomorrow but I'm so eager I can't even wait until then

Online registration for Lit, click pay later when you've it all filled out..

You have until Oct 31st to present susi letter to reception then :) you'll be temporarily registered until then.

Advertisement