Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

In mass yesterday with my 2 and they were passing around the basket. Gave my 2 kids 2 euro each to put in, my 5 year old son puts it in and I turn to my 3 year old daughter. She says at the top of her voice "Jesus has enough money, look at that big bag" and puts the 2 euro in her pocket. Whole back of the church in hysterics except some grumpy old woman who couldn't believe I let her keep it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My 2 year old is in her play room explainnig to her 4 month old sister all about lego and giving her step by step instructions on how to build things:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Two year old to her older brother who's been whinging:

"cwose yuh maowth an' go do bed, yuh big baaaayby"

That's my girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Drew a euphamistic picture of his mother giving me big boobs and long legs.

Also taught me to sing ring around the rosy in a foreign language.

cranks wrote: »
    Question from 3 year old daughter: 'Daddy, what are chins for?'

Damned if I know!

Many years ago, my three-year-old (he's 14 now) bounded into our bedroom, stuck his face right in front of mine (me being on the side of the bed near the door), and sez:

"Dad, what's life?"

My wife pulled the duvet over her head and said "Good luck, you're on your own with that one, mister." :eek:

More recently (two nights ago to be precise), he called me into his room and said "Giz a hug." So I walked over to oblige, and as I put my arms around him he let go with the most incredibly noisy fart, and then went into a fit of the giggles.

I almost collapsed from laughing. It certainly wasn't out of the book of cute and endearing, but in its own way it was quite a gift from a teenage boy to his oul' man. biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

my daughter is 3 and she gave me a big hug and said she liked me and then i got a kiss.

cant beat getting a cuddle from your child.:D

also there is a car with a loud exhuast in our estate and she calls them dopes when she hears a car like but she turned around last week and said i want to be a dope with a pink car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

2yr old announced this morning 'daddy i fixed you poo-tee-er' (computer) :eek:
    so this evening the 'poo-tee-er' was not working, 'what happened?' 4yr old 'my little sister put some apple into it' :eek:
    Cue one unhappy daddy and a smile from me saying 'she put some apple in your pc' hehe. he is not impressed.
    Not so funny that my tea tasted of coconut this evening - very puzzling as there is no coconut in the house. Lump of playdough in the bottom of my teapot - yuck, will be checking in furture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

The 21-month old, who's been a "challenge" from Day 1 walked around the room today & gave Nanna, Granda & the Uncles a big hug & kiss. I never thought I'd see the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Was going to post a similar thread, and found this one when I went looking to see if there already was one.

So just bumping it up the list again. :)

I'm sure there were a bunch from today, nothing coming to mind though.

But last night-

My son acts as though he hates his little sister most of the time.
    Never stops giving out to her and about her, and complaining about how annoying she is.

Last night when I was going to bed, I peeped into their rooms as I do every night.

My son wasn't in his room.
    I was fully sure I was going to find him at the telly or xbox, so I was a bit annoyed.

Looked everywhere, and finally found him asleep in my daughters bed holding her hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Little girl is 14 months, and yesterday we popped next door for tea with my neighbour and her little baby who is around 9 months. I never even said the little girls name, but when my little one turned around and saw her she grinned and let out a big "Hi Taty!!"

Shes never done that before, it was so cute! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

This morning, my 20 month old son picked up a copy of our Pirates Of The Carribean DVD, held it up to me and said "Aaaar!" in a little pirate type voice.

So funny! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

This morning my husband let go of some gas & our 21-month old looked at him crossly & said "da-ddy!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I said to my 3 year old daughter "we need to get daddy a present because tomorrow is father's day".

A while later she comes downstairs with a bag of toys from her room saying "ho, ho, ho, I am christmas man. I have presents for daddy"

Took me a minute to realise she meant Santa! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My 14 month old is too young to tell me she loves me, but she's learning to show it! She kept following me arond allday, crawling up to me, looking me in the eye, then resting her head on my chest or my knee for a few seconds, then looking up at me again and repeat. It was so sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

OH good god if this thread doesn't make you broody nothing will :eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Many years ago, my three-year-old (he's 14 now) bounded into our bedroom, stuck his face right in front of mine (me being on the side of the bed near the door), and sez:

"Dad, what's life?"

My wife pulled the duvet over her head and said "Good luck, you're on your own with that one, mister." :eek:

More recently (two nights ago to be precise), he called me into his room and said "Giz a hug." So I walked over to oblige, and as I put my arms around him he let go with the most incredibly noisy fart, and then went into a fit of the giggles.

I almost collapsed from laughing. It certainly wasn't out of the book of cute and endearing, but in its own way it was quite a gift from a teenage boy to his oul' man. biggrin.gif

I'm sorry now. There are lots and lots of lovely stories in here that makes you break out in an ear-splitting grin but I actually nearly wet myself reading that one. Seriously, tears of laughter. Please tell your son he's a legend!

Lovely thread by the way. Just an idea but for some of you who regularly contribute to the thread, wouldn't it be lovely to get all your posts from here, print them off and show them to your kids sometime in the future?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My monkey has put her socks on me and is attempting the shoes:)
    She is delighted with her self:)

We were at a fun day today in a local school and she was wiggling her bum to the music,I couldn't stop laughing at her,it was so funny.

I know most of these post are about younger kids...

But my teenage son today said " your deadly mum"

Thats alot from a walking hormone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

nkay1985 wrote: »

Lovely thread by the way. Just an idea but for some of you who regularly contribute to the thread, wouldn't it be lovely to get all your posts from here, print them off and show them to your kids sometime in the future?

I keep a simple list in an MS Word document of all the funny thinks she says, like when she told me last week of her friend in school who couldn't eat bread or sandwiches and her Dad has to buy her wraps every day 'cos she's a catholic. I look forward to handing over the MS Word document in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We were at a fun day today in a local school and she was wiggling her bum to the music,I couldn't stop laughing at her,it was so funny.

I witnessed that - it was priceless :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

A work colleague of my husbands called to our house last Thursday evening and our five year old asked him who he was etc. He replied, My name is X and I'm a friend of your dads, we work together.

The following morning she is at pre-school and it is her turn to give her news to the rest of the class and she says "My daddy has a boyfriend, his name is X and he called to our house last night".

As luck would have it my husband was doing the school pickup that day and the ladies running the pre-school gave him one hell of a slagging!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

So yesterday we had to convert the toddlers cot into a cot bed, complete with Peppa pig duvet set. And she loved it, went to sleep in it ok last night and slept till the morning. That made me smile allright !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My two year old asked for some juice just before bed last night, I told her that she had to fetch me her juice cup...

"No, you get it" she replied
    "I'm not your skivvy missy" says I.
    "No, is, you is my skivvy!" says she!!!

:eek:

January wrote: »
    My two year old asked for some juice just before bed last night, I told her that she had to fetch me her juice cup...

"No, you get it" she replied
    "I'm not your skivvy missy" says I.
    "No, is, you is my skivvy!" says she!!!

:eek:

She's right though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Justask wrote: »
    She's right though ;)

I know :o :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

4yr old: Nana are you going to leave soon?
    Nana: Yes, after my tea,
    4yr old: No I mean die because you're really old.

BostonB wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

Classic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

BostonB wrote: »

They really speak their mind don't they!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my 4.5 yr old has started his santa list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I have an almost 18 month old son and i'm pregnant with no 2. So last night, he was sitting in his booster seat at the table after having supper. I was standing beside his chair. I was feeling a bit indigested so was rubbing my stomach. Himself reaches over, rubs my stomach and then leans over and gives it a big kiss... :D

Advertisement