Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What beauty products do you LOVE!!!

• 18-08-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

What make up products are an absolute must have in a girls make up bag?? And worth spending a bit of money on. And do you think you have to spend a fortune in make up to get the best product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

You definitely don't need to spend a fortune to get the best product!!
    I love the Essence base coat that's available in Penney's, and their polishes and eyeliners are pretty good too.
    Boots No7 matte foundation is a great summer option for Double Wear addicts like me, and kinder to the pocket too.
    Maybelline gel eyeliner is, in my opinion, the same as more expensive gel eyeliners.
    On the less budgety side of things, my Naked 2 pallette is one of my favourite things, I use it every day.
    Bobbi Brown blushers and matte neutral eyeshadows are totally worth the money in terms of realistic colours and staying power.
    Clinique Moisture Surge is the best moisturiser I've used, perfect for thirsty dry skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I miss some of the Avon products, like their Supershock gel eyeliners.

Clarins Double Fix for Mascara - well width it for me as otherwise my mascara goes panda eyed. Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation is worth it. Otherwise I'm usually at the Maybelline, Revlon, Bourjois racks - I love creamy eye shadows as I find them easier to blend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Newxcitedmom

dee_mc wrote: »
    I love the Essence base coat that's available in Penney's, and their polishes and eyeliners are pretty good too.
    Boots No7 matte foundation is a great summer option for Double Wear addicts like me, and kinder to the pocket too.
    Maybelline gel eyeliner is, in my opinion, the same as more expensive gel eyeliners.
    On the less budgety side of things, my Naked 2 pallette is one of my favourite things, I use it every day.
    Bobbi Brown blushers and matte neutral eyeshadows are totally worth the money in terms of realistic colours and staying power.
    Clinique Moisture Surge is the best moisturiser I've used, perfect for thirsty dry skin.

Is the Clinique moisture expensive I need a good one my skin is normally very clear but lately it's dry in places and getting a lot of out breaks.. Any tips

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Newxcitedmom

Is the Clinique moisture expensive I need a good one my skin is normally very clear but lately it's dry in places and getting a lot of out breaks.. Any tips

A friend keeps recommending rose oil or rosehip oil as a serum for dry skin, she gets it from the Burren perfumery but Trilogy do a nice one too (I used and liked a sample of it years ago) - I'd say it would work well with the Clinique. Moisture surge is expensive alright but a little goes a very long way, I often use a tiny bit all over my face, then an extra dose on very dry patches, or if my skin is very dry and tight I'll use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream overnight and cleanse and moisturise as normal in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Estee Lauder DoubleWear

I just discovered Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara the other day and I LOVE it. It's the closest thing I've found to Avon SuperFull mascara; it has that plastic nobbly wand and the thickish formula.
    My lashes looked SO long and voluminous.

I also love Barry M Dazzle Dust, Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner.
    Also love Essence nail polishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Chanel Vita Lumiere foundation. Like the new matte one too.
    Anastasia Brow Wiz for when I'm feeling lazy - still makes my brows look amazing but so much easier than powder and a brush.
    MAC Mineralize Skin Finish. I love these things!
    NARS pencil eye liner in Via Veneto (black).

I could probably go on and on so I'll stop here. For now...

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I'm a bit of a Bobbi Brown addict. I love her creme matte lipsticks in Razzberry and Rosy for everyday wear and I think it's a high shine one simply called Red which is beautiful for a dramatic lip. Also her gel eyeliner in Espresso Ink and creme foundation for great medium coverage that lasts all day. Oh and the shimmer bricks are amazing for highlighting and blush.

I like Dior show iconic mascara but it's not 100% what I want so I'm really still looking for the perfect one.

L'Oréal professional primer - pinky creme/gel like mixture in a white tub. A tiny bit goes a long way and it perfectly blurs the pores around my nose.

I think that's all for now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Estee Lauder Double Wear
    Benefit They're Real
    Too Faced Lash Injection
    Soap & Glory Lip Plumper
    Urban Decay Naked Basics
    Schwarzkopf Got2b Powder'ful Hair Volumiser
    No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser
    Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
    Ciaté (chinchilla, hopscotch, amazing gracie & sugarplum in particular)
    YSL Touch Eclat
    Anything by Elemis
    Creme de la Mer moisturising cream (when I can afford it)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

All Eucerin products.
    Estee Lauder Double Wear
    Nars Laguna Bronzer
    Urban Decay Eyeshadows (especially half baked!)
    Elizabeth Arden 8 Hours Cream (the unscented one)
    No7 Stay Perfect Eyeliner (Liquid)
    Essence Brow Designer in blonde. Best blonde eyebrow pencil ever! And so cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Fluxfan

Absolutely love Clarins concealer. Blends in really well and is the most concealing concealer I have ever used!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Finding it hard to go without Maybelline Falsies and Bourjois bronzing primer atm! Love them!!
    Also Rimmels Kate Moss lipsticks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Eyeliner (of various colours) and mascara.

Can't leave the house without either of those applied. Love!

deise_girl wrote: »
    Finding it hard to go without Maybelline Falsies and Bourjois bronzing primer atm! Love them!!
    Also Rimmels Kate Moss lipsticks :)

Did you know that the pigment in red lipstick is made from crushing 20,000 cochineal beetle shells?

I found that out when I was using Kate Moss red lipstick. Needless to say I've ditched it since!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    All Eucerin products.
    Estee Lauder Double Wear
    Nars Laguna Bronzer
    Urban Decay Eyeshadows (especially half baked!)
    Elizabeth Arden 8 Hours Cream (the unscented one)
    No7 Stay Perfect Eyeliner (Liquid)
    Essence Brow Designer in blonde. Best blonde eyebrow pencil ever! And so cheap.

Sorry this is off topic but I see double wear foundation coming up a lot. I love it but the lack of pump annoys me. Does anyone know where to get a pump for it?

Fluxfan wrote: »
    Sorry this is off topic but I see double wear foundation coming up a lot. I love it but the lack of pump annoys me. Does anyone know where to get a pump for it?

I've looked at these before http://www.amazon.com/Airless-Pump-Bottle-Silver-Matte/dp/B00ED5HCXG but I didn't bother as after using it for a while I find I can now dispense the right sized blob for my face (most pumps dispense too little with one push yet too much with two, for my face anyway!)

I've looked at these before http://www.amazon.com/Airless-Pump-Bottle-Silver-Matte/dp/B00ED5HCXG but I didn't bother as after using it for a while I find I can now dispense the right sized blob for my face (most pumps dispense too little with one push yet too much with two, for my face anyway!)

Ya I know what you mean it seems fine so far I was just worried about when I get on further through the bottle!

Ya I know what you mean it seems fine so far I was just worried about when I get on further through the bottle!

I just keep it upside down once there's less than a capful of foundation left. Very little waste in my experience. I've also been known to chase the dregs out using a clean eyeshadow brush when I've been in real dire straits :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Clarins Everlasting Foundation
    Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream
    NYX blushes and matte lipstick
    MAC Mineralise Skinfinish powders
    Lancome Doll Eyes Waterproof Mascara
    Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade
    MAC Powerpoint Eyeliner
    Urban Decay Eyeshadows
    Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
    L'Oréal Lumi Magique Concealer

...a nice mix of mid-range and budget options, thankfully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

What make up products are an absolute must have in a girls make up bag?? And worth spending a bit of money on. And do you think you have to spend a fortune in make up to get the best product?

Mac prep and prime
    Mac skin finish
    Urban decay naked palette 1,2 and 3
    Mac studio sculpt
    Benefit bad gal and there real ( I love these together)
    Mac blusher (
    Urban decay lip junkie ( midnight cowboy or naked)
    Urban decay eyeliner
    Benefit porefessional
    Benetint, posie tint and high beam
    Real technique makeup brushes :)
    Mac fix plus
    Mac mineralise moisturiser :D

I'm obsessed with mac :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Apparently MAC sells a pump that fits it. Haven't tried it myself but have seen it recommend blogs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I really like gimme brow by benefit,
    real techniques brushes,
    Clinque take the day off balm
    Dermalogica multivitamin mask
    Coconut oil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Apparently MAC sells a pump that fits it. Haven't tried it myself but have seen it recommend blogs etc.

Yeah, I've tried it and it fits perfectly.

My favourites:

Double Wear Foundation
    Dermalogica UltraCalming cleanser-the only one that doesn't make my face red
    La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra Moisturiser

Hair Products:

L'Oreal Professionnel Intense Repair Masque-works better on my dry highlighted hair than the Kerastase Masques and at under £11 for a 500ml tub online is considerably cheaper. The matching shampoo is rubbish though.

Pureology Precious Oil
    Color Wow and Rootflage root touch up powders
    Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Did you know that the pigment in red lipstick is made from crushing 20,000 cochineal beetle shells?

I found that out when I was using Kate Moss red lipstick. Needless to say I've ditched it since!

This is true of many lipstick brands, not just the Kate Moss ones. It's also used by Starbucks to colour some of their smoothies.

bnagrrl wrote: »
    This is true of many lipstick brands, not just the Kate Moss ones. It's also used by Starbucks to colour some of their smoothies.

Oh, I know it's not just the Kate Moss ones. It's just the only red lipstick I have is a Kate Moss red one and I've stopped using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Farlo19

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Oil
    La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - has made such an unbelievable improvement in my skin
    Naked palettes
    Clinique Take The Day Off
    Urban Decay brow box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Clarins Instant Concealer - Creamy, brightening and great for the undereye area

NARS Pressed Light Reflecting Powder - Much better than the loose version, gently buffed in it gives a really soft, natural sheen to your skin

Skin79 BB Cream - My skin and foundations don't get on very well, they nearly always look obvious and sit in my pores, this really works for me and I endlessly repurchase it!

Le Volume De Chanel - A really fantastic mascara but I can't stomach paying €31 for it at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sezyboo

I'm also a double wear fan. I love Estee Lauder products. I also like Chanel Lip gloss. I went crazy buying all sorts of make up sets on ebay for a while.
    I would love to get one of those Urban Decay palettes.

Advertisement