Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cancelled games and Double gameweeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

It's really dependent if I do Pelle to Defoe tomorrow or not. If I don't then that striker spot is up for grabs in GW26 and a hungry Costa could be a great captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's really dependent if I do Pelle to Defoe tomorrow or not. If I don't then that striker spot is up for grabs in GW26 and a hungry Costa could be a great captain.

I'd be taking a chance on not having a great GW27 team either that or more trips to hitsville. But I worked my ass off to have a good team for the big blank GW last year and did rubbish in it. It needs more thought, but very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd be taking a chance on not having a great GW27 team either that or more trips to hitsville. But I worked my ass off to have a good team for the big blank GW last year and did rubbish in it. It needs more thought, but very tempting.
    Getting the capt right in gw 27 is the key thing. Most teams will only have 5 decent attacking options. I could be going 5 4 1.

Getting the capt right in gw 27 is the key thing. Most teams will only have 5 decent attacking options. I could be going 5 4 1.

If ManU had any sort of attacking form, a striker from them could be a great captain in GW27. I assume most will captain Sanchez or Aguero. My chance to get some points back on Kane owners probably won't even matter in the end since Defoe would probably blank at Old Trafford.

You're better set up for 27, despite not doing your Walters thing. My defence is not great for it, and wasted 2 transfers over Sanchez so risky taking hits to sort it out.

The Costa thing was gonna be my secret weapon! You're some crafty cnut! :)

• Advertisement

If ManU had any sort of attacking form, a striker from them could be a great captain in GW27. I assume most will captain Sanchez or Aguero. My chance to get some points back on Kane owners probably won't even matter in the end since Defoe would probably blank at Old Trafford.

Yeah, wouldn't be mad on Defoe for that reason. Sanchez probably gonna be the stand out captain.

I remember I got all set up for the blank last year where there were only I think 6 games. I fielded 11 decent players, and got hammered by lads who only had 6 or 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Same happened to me. I think we sometimes put too much emphasis on these blank/double GWs. Last year there was one double GW which didn't really work out too, IIRC some Chelsea lads got more pts in 1 game than the popular punty DGWers...

That said I fully agree with Busts. Getting the captain right for GW27 will be the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think I remember getting Kevin Nolan and Tom Ince in for a DGW last season...for a hit as well :eek: DGWS and rational decision making don't seem to go together. I'm determined not to make the same mistakes this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Costa has never been a good captain I'd argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,822 ✭✭✭✭CSF

8-10 wrote: »
    Costa has never been a good captain I'd argue.
    He is sometimes. He doesn't amass the bonus points that he should. But he is a very consistent goalscorer. He has scored 6+ in 12 of the 19 games he has played in. Compared with 13 of the 24 for Hazard. 11 in 21 for Sanchez.

Doesn't quite have the points per game that you'll get for those guys, but he is frequently a safe bet to not end up as a captain blank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    He is sometimes. He doesn't amass the bonus points that he should. But he is a very consistent goalscorer. He has scored 6+ in 12 of the 19 games he has played in. Compared with 13 of the 24 for Hazard. 11 in 21 for Sanchez.

Doesn't quite have the points per game that you'll get for those guys, but he is frequently a safe bet to not end up as a captain blank.

I thought about Costa too but at the minute I have Terry, Eriksen and Hazard that will have to be my bench in GW27. If I bring in Costa, I'll then have four players to bench.

My plan was:

GW25 - Sturridge in for Pelle
    GW26 - Walters in for AJ
    GW27 - bank
    GW28 - Kane in for Giroud and Costa in for Sturridge (if Chelsea have a double).

That leaves me with Terry, Hazard, Costa, Eriksen and Kane for the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,822 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    I thought about Costa too but at the minute I have Terry, Eriksen and Hazard that will have to be my bench in GW27. If I bring in Costa, I'll then have four players to bench.

My plan was:

GW26 - Walters in for AJ
    GW27 - bank
    GW28 - Kane in for Giroud and Costa in for Sturridge (if Chelsea have a double).

Yeah I don't think I'm going to bring in Costa before the DGW, and I expect to have those same guys for the DGW, via a different route.

Lemlin wrote: »

My plan was:

GW26 - Walters in for AJ
    GW27 - bank

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think I'm going to bring in Costa before the DGW, and I expect to have those same guys for the DGW, via a different route.

With no Spurs player to bench for 27 I'm still considering the Costa move. I'd then be benching Terry, Hazard and Costa and getting Eriksen and Kane in for the DGW. Also worth noting that Liverpool have Burnley at home in the DGW, so not worth overlooking Liverpool. It's not likely to be worth foregoing one of Kane or Costa (assuming for now that he has a DGW) for Studge, but may be worth having another Liverpool attacker like Sterling or Coutinho in the package.

One of my problems is I'm stuck with Puncheon and don't really have the transfers to get rid as well as the above moves, but may just have to live with that till after GW28.

You're better set up for 27, despite not doing your Walters thing. My defence is not great for it, and wasted 2 transfers over Sanchez so risky taking hits to sort it out.

The Costa thing was gonna be my secret weapon! You're some crafty cnut! :)

I only have Kane and Hazard at the moment who will blank in gw 27 so I've a bit of flexibility on getting in either costa fab or a Chelsea def for the burnley game and then benching them the week after. My issue with getting in costa is that it will be for ings who I planned on benching till gw 27 and then playing at home to Swansea in gw 27. Adm silva and Ramsey are all on the chopping block for me. The dgws and blanks can prove to be a letdown and sometimes I think I plan too much for them. I've 2 free transfers and I need to pick when is the best week to go all out. On paper this gw could be a good one to go for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

WHen is the DGW and when it blank GW?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Gits_bone wrote: »
    WHen is the DGW and when it blank GW?

Log in and go to the fixtures tab here: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This is me thinking out loud and having it in writing for self-reference, but maybe it'll give someone else some ideas. Draft of my transfer plan:

GW26: Sanchez to Ozil/Walcott (necessary for funds)
    GW27: Bank; play full XI (5-3-2) with Eriksen, Hazard, and Kane on bench
    GW28: 2FTs with approx. 4.1 to spend. Assuming Chelsea DGW, do Giroud to Costa and Jones to Terry. This also assumes that:
    • Costa has not gotten 2 bookings verus Burnley and Spurs
    • Prices for players involved don't fluctuate much

My other GW28 option is Giroud to Sturridge (attractive Burnley fixture) but that would leave me short on getting Terry in. Could possibly do Jones to a cheaper Chelsea defender, but it is hard to predict the backline at the moment.

This is me thinking out loud and having it in writing for self-reference, but maybe it'll give someone else some ideas. Draft of my transfer plan:

GW26: Sanchez to Ozil/Walcott (necessary for funds)
    GW27: Bank; play full XI (5-3-2) with Eriksen, Hazard, and Kane on bench
    GW28: 2FTs with approx. 4.1 to spend. Assuming Chelsea DGW, do Giroud to Costa and Jones to Terry. This also assumes that:
    • Costa has not gotten 2 bookings verus Burnley and Spurs
    • Prices for players involved don't fluctuate much

My other GW28 option is Giroud to Sturridge (attractive Burnley fixture) but that would leave me short on getting Terry in. Could possibly do Jones to a cheaper Chelsea defender, but it is hard to predict the backline at the moment.

Just be aware that Sanchez will probably be top captaincy choice in GW27 against Everton (not that it mattered much yesterday :().

My plan is similar:
    GW26: Pelle to Costa(c) or bank if Chelsea don't have DGW
    GW27: Bank or do a one week punt
    GW28: Bring in Kane and Eriksen with 2 FTs; maybe do Terry to Rose for a hit if I want to keep Cazorla instead of Puncheon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just be aware that Sanchez will probably be top captaincy choice in GW27 against Everton (not that it mattered much yesterday :().

Yeah, I'm not keen on Sanchez out but other plans depend on freeing up that bit of cash. I'm not completely decided on it mind.

Another flaw in my plan is the fact that I have Baird, who isn't assured of a start, so my 5-3-2 plan for GW27 might result in only having 10 starting players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

When are chelsea making up their cancelled game?

• Advertisement

Gits_bone wrote: »
    When are chelsea making up their cancelled game?

GW 28 31 or 34. If Leicester lose in the cup at the weekend probably gw 28. We should know by next gw's deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I realise that this is a breach of forum etiquette to an extent as a bit of detective work will take care of it but I have been terribly busy lately and really have no idea of the ins and outs bar a Spurs and QPR dgw in week 28. Is there something very obvious that I can look at to see all permutations

First post or post above you Swiper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

So it's still just the Carling cup final that is messing with the fixture list? Spurs, Chelsea, QPR and Leicester and Chelsea's DGW won't be the same week as Spurs?
    I have Ivan, Haz, Kane and Eriksen. With Wisdom and Marney also in my squad I have a bad feeling. Bit of tinkering to do towards the end of the week no doubt. It is probably a good time to play me in a cup or H2H, I smell an 8 point hit this coming week to put me in a position to make a move over the following weeks.

So it's still just the Carling cup final that is messing with the fixture list? Spurs, Chelsea, QPR and Leicester and Chelsea's DGW won't be the same week as Spurs?
    I have Ivan, Haz, Kane and Eriksen. With Wisdom and Marney also in my squad I have a bad feeling. Bit of tinkering to do towards the end of the week no doubt. It is probably a good time to play me in a cup or H2H, I smell an 8 point hit this coming week to put me in a position to make a move over the following weeks.
    If Leicester lose today there is a chance Chelsea Leicester will be re fixed for fa cup qf weekend to give both teams a dgw 28. The only other games that will be called off are fa cup sf weekend think it's gw 33.

Just looking at Chelsea's schedule they have Mar 1 carling cup final
    Mar 4 gw 28 West ham
    Mar 7 potential double Leicester
    Mar 11 psg
    Chelsea may prefer to have a free weekend before the 2nd leg against psg and leave the double till later on.

Chelsea may prefer to have a free weekend before the 2nd leg against psg and leave the double till later on.
    Though, if the decision is to be taken after tomorrow's game, considering PSG recent form and this week-end injury avalanche for them, it may be over after the first leg and thus the second one would not really bother Chelsea.

After the fa cup draw tonight the gw 33 permutations are the following 5 games will be called off if the remaining teams win through in the quarter final.
    Arsenal Sunderland
    Villa qpr
    Chelsea utd
    Palace wba
    Hull liverpool
    The most games we will have cancelled is 3 and the least is 2 if liverpool were to lose.
    GW 34 or 37 is when these games would be rescheduled for a double.
    As things stand the 10 clubs not mentioned above will defintely have a game in gw 33 which may come in useful if you are making a move for a cheap def or midfielder with gw 27 in mind.
    You know you are addicted to fpl when you know this type of nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So costa is back this week V burnley and then chelsea have a free week the following week?

• Advertisement

After the fa cup draw tonight
    Liverpool - Blackburn Rovers
    Bradford City - Reading FC
    Manchester United - Arsenal
    Aston Villa - West Bromwich Albion
    the gw 33 permutations are the following 5 games will be called off if the remaining teams win through in the quarter final.
    Arsenal Sunderland
    Villa qpr
    Chelsea utd
    Palace wba
    Hull liverpool
    The most games we will have cancelled is 3 and the least is 2 if liverpool were to lose.

GW 34 or 37 is when these games would be rescheduled for a double.
    As things stand the 10 clubs not mentioned above will defintely have a game in gw 33 which may come in useful if you are making a move for a cheap def or midfielder with gw 27 in mind.
    You know you are addicted to fpl when you know this type of nonsense.
    Just added the actual 1/4f FA Cup games to make it more complete. It's not the same going to Old Trafford than hosting Blackburn so this may also comes into consideration for future transfers ;)(no offence at all Lemlin and many others I believe since this forum is Rovers fans antechamber :pac:).

Advertisement