Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KevIRL wrote: »
    What's the general age profile of posters on here? Would be interested to find out.

36 here

36 as well,wife,2 kids,factory slave...but happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

roryc wrote: »
    I don't like cheese.

Weirdo.

Cheese is magnificent

I don't like cheese.

Love Feta myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Doing my best to avoid spoilers all day, will be watching the final episode tonight!

Was waiting for tonight, now I can blitz through season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    7/1 in PP but likely bigger elsewhere,i am a small punter,a whole 10er i put on it!

Must make me a big punter so. My limit is 20e!!

I always remember a poor bookie is something you never see.

I never bet on teams I support either. Just a rule of mine.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »

Quite fond of Goal scorer bets,i have found that from FF i can call teams and games alot better,player positions etc.
    Like last week i got Oscar,Rooney and Bony all up. Anytime trebles are a fav of mine, at least you get 90mins from your bet regardless of result unless they are taken off of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »

Very wise when you support Cavan and Blackburn:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Can not wait for Breaking Bad - waiting for a Skype call first so there's no interruption's!

LOVE cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

We make so much money from football bets. It really is a mugs game! Every time a big Premier League game ends a draw we make a huge profit. I might post some tips here every now and then now that we have an OT thread. I manage the poker side but a few mates are footie/racing traders. I'm also 29, living in Spain, working in Gibraltar where most bookies bar Paddy Power are based. Only get back to the motherland once or twice a year, spend more time in Israel than back home!

Cheese is the devils sauce. I'm extra angry today because Breaking Bad has ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I was travelling in Asia earlier this year and the one thing I craved/missed more than anything else was cheese. I don't even eat much of it. But the complete absence of it was tough (bar one incident with imitation cheese in Vietnam...bleurgh).

After nights of beer for 20c I had some strange dreams about cheese and bacon burgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

KevIRL wrote: »
    What's the general age profile of posters on here? Would be interested to find out.

36 here

36 aswell glad to see theres a few others in that age profile.I always felt i really shouldnt be getting so worked up and wasting so much time posting about ff at my age.

38 here, 4 kids(all girls) which explains why I'm never on here at the weekends despite my midweek obsession with the place, old enough to be Mr Prodston's da:eek:

I was travelling in Asia earlier this year and the one thing I craved/missed more than anything else was cheese. I don't even eat much of it. But the complete absence of it was tough (bar one incident with imitation cheese in Vietnam...bleurgh).

After nights of beer for 20c I had some strange dreams about cheese and bacon burgers.

Happy days of my liquid diet, Singha/Chang/beer Lao and Tom Yum soup for breakfast lunch and dinner, add to that the seaside buckets of Red bull and Vodka and it took my stomach a few months to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Living in Riyadh and the first 2 visits to the supermarket totally missed the cheese counter. Was nearly more worried about the lack of cheese than the lack of beer! Found the counter and learnt how to homebrew wine though, so problems solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

38 here, 4 kids(all girls) which explains why I'm never on here at the weekends despite my midweek obsession with the place, old enough to be Mr Prodston's da:eek:

Once u dont end up being his father in law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

27. Ben Arfa anytime goalscorer @ 7/2 looks to be a decent bet tonight

Don't worry I'll look at you as the cool uncle :pac:
    Happy days of my liquid diet, Singha/Chang/beer Lao and Tom Yum soup for breakfast lunch and dinner, add to that the seaside buckets of Red bull and Vodka and it took my stomach a few months to recover.

Yeah I'd love to go back, hopefully will in a couple of years once I get the masters and a bit of money. Where did you go?

Beer Lao was an absolute treat but it's tough to beat the bia hoi in Vietnam, them buckets are lethal too. Hard to beat chicken fried rice and a mango shake for €1.50, living like kings :D

Once u dont end up being his father in law

An FSA wedding would be fun :p Just get a big screen showing Soccer saturday and RVP scores just as the priest asks if there's any objections :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

We make so much money from football bets. It really is a mugs game! Every time a big Premier League game ends a draw we make a huge profit.

Practically no value in the EPL alright but there's a hell of a lot of mug punters to help those figures. Serious value around some of the smaller leagues though. The company you work for is massive value for one market in particular.

30, also work for a bookies, living in Malta. We have one great punter who makes a lot of money only betting on draws. Cheese is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Day two of my weight loss / health improvement regime is almost over..

Feeling good :)

Keto on! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I bet there was a scramble for One Direction tickets in your house on Saturday morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

36 here too. Fiancé and cat. I run and play games.

Cheddar for me. None of that mouldy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Watched the first 2 series as they came out and then spent the summer 12 months ago reading the books. I'm as much a nerd about Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire as I am about FPL, absolutely love them.

From what I've heard, sounds like a show i'll become addicted to :)
    36 aswell glad to see theres a few others in that age profile.I always felt i really shouldnt be getting so worked up and wasting so much time posting about ff at my age.

Know what you mean, 39 F*** i'm old.... But have a feeling i'll still be getting worked up about football results and maybe even ff in another 39 years! Only working part time at the moment, so that's how I've ended up joining on here

Remember doing all of that, feels like a life time ago... doing the sums, Mr Prodston would have been 9, when I was wandering around Asia :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

24 . Didn't expect you all to be so old :)

Lucas Hood wrote: »

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

21.. Didnt expect to be one of the youngest here..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Sorry I should have said experienced :)

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I think the word you were looking for was 'experienced' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Alot of oldies alright!

I'm 27........bogger living and working in Dublin, in finance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anybody care to recommend a brilliant sports book for me, I'm currently trying to fill a couple of shelves to complete my library, after that I can weed out the rubbish, when I die I would like for there to be a custody battle for my sports library. I'm currently reading a fascinating book about cycling in Rwanda, doesn't sound like the most obvious subject for a book but it's by the former editor and feature writer for the Observer Sports Monthly, anyone who remembers that publication will know of it's quality.

You've probably read it already, but The Damned United. Reads like a thriller plus a sports book.

Advertisement