Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

• 30-09-2013 2:19pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    We have received a number of requests relating to the introduction of an off-topic thread on FSA. We have a good community here and so myself and Mr. Moon have decided to give it a go.

A few rules...
    1) Please refrain from using foul language, acting the maggot or doling out insults. As Bill and Ted said, be excellent to each other.
    2) No discussion relating to FSA.
    3) No discussion relating to soccer - that's that the soccer forum is for.
    4) No spoilers for any tv show/film - take it to the correct forum

If we think things are going well, we will make it a permanent fixture on the forum. However, if we feel that it is more trouble than it's worth, it will be closed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Breakingggggggggggggggggggggg Bad!..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Santi101 wrote: »
    Breakingggggggggggggggggggggg Bad!..............

Doing my best to avoid spoilers all day, will be watching the final episode tonight!

Cant believe its over - immense show. Wont spoil it for you though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yes good idea...

Please see rule 4 :D

Cheers :) Without any spoilers, did the last episode live up to expectations?

Best show on television by a mile! Hoping Todd and Lydia in particular come to a nasty end!

Kinda hoping Jesse survives, not exactly expecting a happy ending for him, but think he deserves some sort of redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yes good idea...

Please see rule 4 :D

I've a feeling there'll be new rules every 10 minutes and I assume number 5 will be no talking about a certain somebody close to Mr.Prodston's um.....heart :pac:

Great idea, it's almost like some of us could even become friends :eek:

I was more than happy with it and it enforced itself as the best TV show I've seen, just can't believe it's over :(

Best show on television by a mile! Hoping Todd and Lydia in particular come to a nasty end!

Kinda hoping Jesse survives, not exactly expecting a happy ending for him, but think he deserves some sort of redemption.

I was satisfied, yes! Did the show justice with the ending I felt.

I was more than happy with it and it enforced itself as the best TV show I've seen, just can't believe it's over :(

Yeah, think i'll be feeling a bit gutted after watching the final episode. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We have received a number of requests relating to the introduction of an off-topic thread on FSA. We have a good community here and so myself and Mr. Moon have decided to give it a go.

A few rules...
    1) Please refrain from using foul language, acting the maggot or doling out insults. As Bill and Ted said, be excellent to each other.
    2) No discussion relating to FSA.
    3) No discussion relating to soccer - that's that the soccer forum is for.
    4) No spoilers for any tv show/film - take it to the correct forum

If we think things are going well, we will make it a permanent fixture on the forum. However, if we feel that it is more trouble than it's worth, it will be closed.

No enterprise that started with a Bill and Ted reference ever turned out bad. I have high hopes for this thread.

(and don't watch Breaking Bad)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Jaysus lad's.even a hint of an ending is too much....

For those who may like a bet,i got a tip for Ballytitty boy in the 6.05 Navan,ew. Good source but don't blame me if you lose your balls on it!

I'm starting House of Cards now, and fairly impressed after the opening couple of episodes.

I'll really miss my fill of Bryan Cranston every Monday though..........:)...I realise that sounded a bit off but i'm OK with that......:D

I've a feeling there'll be new rules every 10 minutes and I assume number 5 will be no talking about a certain somebody close to Mr.Prodston's um.....heart :pac:

Great idea, it's almost like some of us could even become friends :eek:

Friends? with some internet weirdo who a man crush on a Mickey,no thanks!!!!:pac:

I'm starting House of Cards now, and fairly impressed after the opening couple of episodes.

I'll really miss my fill of Bryan Cranston every Monday though..........:)...I realise that sounded a bit off but i'm OK with that......:D

Tried watching the first ep of that last week, but had problems with Netflix... Better not be problems this evening or there'll be hell to pay!

Any body watching Ray Donovan?

dahat wrote: »
    Friends? with some internet weirdo who a man crush on a Mickey,no thanks!!!!:pac:

I'd love nothing more than to cut Mickey off but we've been through too much together with all the comings and goings. Plus I'm trying to limit it's usage to the weekends when he comes out to play, maybe get weaned off in time :p

I'd love nothing more than to cut Mickey off but we've been through too much together with all the comings and goings. Plus I'm trying to limit it's usage to the weekends when he comes out to play, maybe get weaned off in time :p

:eek:

Couldn't have replied any better...

Any body watching Ray Donovan?

I watched the first episode when Sky were advertising it heavily. Thought it was quite good but haven't seen anymore yet. It's on my list though and with BB over and finishing Dexter too I've got room for something new.

People are saying it's very good?

And this is where Mr.Prodston has over stepped the mark and backs away slowly :pac:

• Advertisement

It is,Jon Voight is top drawer in it,show stealer imo. Well worth a watch and plenty going on too,just been confirmed for season 2 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What's the general age profile of posters on here? Would be interested to find out.

36 here

It is,Jon Voight is top drawer in it,show stealer imo. Well worth a watch and plenty going on too,just been confirmed for season 2 as well

Don't have sky, so haven't seen any of that yet!

Have borrowed the box set of season 1 and 2 of Game of Thrones, so probably start watching that this week. Any of ye been watching it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    What's the general age profile of posters on here? Would be interested to find out.

36 here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Jaysus lad's.even a hint of an ending is too much....

For those who may like a bet,i got a tip for Ballytitty boy in the 6.05 Navan,ew. Good source but don't blame me if you lose your balls on it!

If you share a tip, it never wins. That has always been my experience. What odds?

KevIRL wrote: »

36 here

Probably one of the babies of the forum but 22, soon to be 23 and started a Masters last week.

Don't have sky, so haven't seen any of that yet!

Have borrowed the box set of season 1 and 2 of Game of Thrones, so probably start watching that this week. Any of ye been watching it?

Watched the first 2 series as they came out and then spent the summer 12 months ago reading the books. I'm as much a nerd about Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire as I am about FPL, absolutely love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Anybody care to recommend a brilliant sports book for me, I'm currently trying to fill a couple of shelves to complete my library, after that I can weed out the rubbish, when I die I would like for there to be a custody battle for my sports library. I'm currently reading a fascinating book about cycling in Rwanda, doesn't sound like the most obvious subject for a book but it's by the former editor and feature writer for the Observer Sports Monthly, anyone who remembers that publication will know of it's quality.

Lemlin wrote: »
    If you share a tip, it never wins. That has always been my experience. What odds?

7/1 in PP but likely bigger elsewhere,i am a small punter,a whole 10er i put on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I don't like cheese.

Advertisement