Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

question about JSA and a working cohabit

Options
  • 16-07-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi i recently finished a FAS course and now i have to sign back on problem is I now have a friend liveing with me and she works as cost was geting to high for me to live.
    she earns around 1350 a month (minimum wage i might add) which breaks down as follows
    337 euro a week
    67 euro a day

rent is 600 a month on a single bed house i sleep in front room (sleeping bag and pillow ftw)
    I am wondering what is the amount of socal welfare i will get if at all as i dont want to get cought doing fraud i no there really out hunting for these things now ever since that program on tv embarassed them

thank you for your help in advance this will put my mind at rest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Don't really understand....is she a girlfriend or just friend renting a room?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coolings

well it is kinda complecated we did go out but now we are just really good mates
    she has the single room i have a sleeping bag in front room but i store my clothes in a shelf in the bedroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I think you should look for a more arms-length arrangement before the welfare officer will take your claim seriously.

Kick your "friend" out and rent to someone else.

so the welfare officer will look at us as a couple or something well guess that is the way it will be since i did have personal involvement with her anywho can anyone tell me how much i will get if this is the case
    i used this spreadsheet i found on this site to calculate it said 100 euro i just wanted to confirm it so i can stop worrying
    thanks guys

just bumping up becuase i need to no thanks

• Advertisement

i just thought i would let everyone no what happened to me in socal welfare

i was in there today and my ex is considered my partner but we are assessed under the family means according to citizens information so this is how it works

346 -60= 286
    *60%

312-171=141

so i should get 141 they said lets hope socal says that is so to but she did call them and they told her that
    does all this make sense to anyone hope it also helps people

Advertisement