Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Timmaay wrote: »

Close the thread, we have a winner!!!!

What a total tube :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

there was a cleaner, rev2 (i think) d4d conversion sold this year for 2.5k i believe. 6 is a bit extreme really.

very pretty car they are though, tidy it up, divide the price by 3 and it'd be a cool commuter imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've been mad for an MR2 Turbo lately, one that looks just like that but **** that one.
    I do not like that conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Turbo MR2 are a good car but not for the faint hearted.

For instance the little shunt you had on the Almera would have put an MR2 into outer space, you would be on mars right now (going backwards) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Diesel powered MR2....
    angry-dwight.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Turbo MR2 are a good car but not for the faint hearted.

For instance the little shunt you had on the Almera would have put an MR2 into outer space, you would be on mars right now (going backwards) :p

Oh I'm well aware, I'll get the hang of the FR before I consider buying an MR.
    Absolute killers.

Edit: only clicked in the link there, I was thinking of this one, looks much better but it still ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

CianRyan wrote: »
    Oh I'm well aware, I'll get the hang of the FR before I consider buying an MR.
    Absolute killers.

Edit: only clicked in the link there, I was thinking of this one, looks much better but it still ****.

that one is infinitely better finished. that's the one i believe went for 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Wrong wrong wrong on so many levels...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

A normal petrol MR2 sells for 1k-2k at most.

We're so desperate to have a diesel, that people are now taking classic sports cars, stripping them down, sticking a ****ing diesel engine in them and looking for 5-6k!?

This ****ing country and its obsession with diesel. That is absolutely shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Just read the description again:
    However, it needs a bit of refinement, interior trim, noise etc.

Might just be something to do with putting a tractor engine under the bonnet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Just sent an email to the seller, asking if this is a pisstake.
    Let's see if he answers.
    Anyone else feel like it? Drop him a line. Tell him the circus called, they want their clown car back.

Just sent an email to the seller, asking if this is a pisstake.
    Let's see if he answers.
    Anyone else feel like it? Drop him a line. Tell him the circus called, they want their clown car back.

I think its real. The engine bay pic is accurate of an engine in such a position... (Timing belt to the right, pick taken from rear of car). Which would be a very awkward angle on a normal FR car with the bonnet and all.

EDIT: Both top corners too. I think theyre bonnet hinges. It all ads up..
    :(:(:(

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That actually causes me physical pain the look at. Good lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

God what on earth was he thinking putting that slug of a 2.2 into it.

Not only will that car be too slow, it also will be too expensive to tax(for what it is) and not all that that economical. Even at a cheap price it's hard to justify it over a petrol version.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

This is not a piss take, I actually know of the guy selling the car, thinks its the best thing since sliced bread hhah, he also thinks it has 250bhp because of the massive compression ratio :/, and believe or not it revs 9000 rpm.

Seen it in the flesh and its really for the scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Whomever buys that 91 diesel mr2 deserves everything that's coming to them.

Money'd be better spent buyin bread for ducks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Whomever buys that 91 diesel mr2 deserves everything that's coming to them.

Money'd be better spent buyin bread for ducks.

No one is that daft..... :D

Fellas, I dont think this MR2 is gonna lose its throne for quite some time!:D

On the MR2:
    The price may seem too much to some, but think again, this is a great project, there are savings to be made on the long run and a lot fun to be had.

Just how much do you need to save over the same model with a petrol engine costing about €2000? :eek:
    And what decent diesel car would you get for €6000? The guy is nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

ugglasdav wrote: »
    This is not a piss take, I actually know of the guy selling the car, thinks its the best thing since sliced bread hhah, he also thinks it has 250bhp because of the massive compression ratio :/, and believe or not it revs 9000 rpm.

Seen it in the flesh and its really for the scrap
    250 bhp from an old 2.2 camry engine!!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

CianRyan wrote: »

That lives about 2 minutes walk up the road from, always thought it was a mint Turbo version, now I has a sad :(

That lives about 2 minutes walk up the road from, always thought it was a mint Turbo version, now I has a sad :(
    Price is the price! don't like it? don't buy it!

OK, I won't and neither will thousands of others!
    I absolutely HATE sellers that already betray a serious attitude problem in their ads, you can imagine he will be short with his answers and probably try to bully you when you're buying the car.
    On display of this kind attitude:
    Next ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

OK, I won't and neither will thousands of others!
    I absolutely HATE sellers that already betray a serious attitude problem in their ads, you can imagine he will be short with his answers and probably try to bully you when you're buying the car.
    On display of this kind attitude:
    Next ad.
    But still....

..always fighting the urge to ring these people and laugh down the phone :P

Well, I did contact the seller and asked him if this is a pisstake.
    He did reply:
    It's not, it's real.
    In response to message from John
    Surely this is a pisstake?
    My phone number: 0

I think I should tell him that his ad is creating quite a bit of interest on the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Its why Adverts is so much better for these kind of ads. Someone on here had a great debate with some gob****e on Adverts who was selling a BMW for about twice what it was worth. Was hilarious watching your man argue that his car was worth whatever, then as time went on watch the price drop closer and closer to its true value!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    250 bhp from an old 2.2 camry engine!!! :pac::pac:

he said that because the compression ratio is high and it has a turbo, so he believes that it has this power, he also thinks the petrol engine flywheel adds power :confused:

not sure were he got the whole revs to 9000 rpm, tried to say to him that it could not be possible but i was wasting my time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

djimi wrote: »
    Its why Adverts is so much better for these kind of ads. Someone on here had a great debate with some gob****e on Adverts who was selling a BMW for about twice what it was worth. Was hilarious watching your man argue that his car was worth whatever, then as time went on watch the price drop closer and closer to its true value!

I love the ones that get thick and obnoxious when they get called out on their stupid prices.

Almost as amusing as the swap monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭dantastic

Think this is the best thread for this one.

Registered as a commercial.

25401857.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/300zx-road-tax-only-333/5889525

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Don't be waisting his time !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement