Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mobile Home Ceiling Shifting?

Options
  • 10-07-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a mobile home sited in Wexford. I have noticed some strange marks on the ceiling panels. The ceiling panels are coated in a white plastic.

There is no sign of damp, but it looks like the plastic has bubbled a bit at seams. It is hard to explain. I am worried that the wind could have shifted the roof.

See the attached.
    Nicnac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

nicnac wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a mobile home sited in Wexford. I have noticed some strange marks on the ceiling panels. The ceiling panels are coated in a white plastic.

There is no sign of damp, but it looks like the plastic has bubbled a bit at seams. It is hard to explain. I am worried that the wind could have shifted the roof.

See the attached.
    Nicnac

No pictures attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    No pictures attached.

I attached them alright, twice.
    Mobile website doesn't want up attach images

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I attached them alright, twice.
    Mobile website doesn't want up attach images

Are you using Photo bucket?

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Are you using Photo bucket?

No, just doing "Attach Image". The original post had two images attached. The past went through, but no images.

Wish I could post the images.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

maybe try dropbox and copy a link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Just guessing it could be caused by condensation, if you plan on keeping it a dehumidifer is a good investment will keep mould and mildew at bay and you won't have to worry about locking it up with wet mats etc. I would recommend a desiccant dehumidifier will work down to sub zero temperatures. Normal ones are useless under 15 celcius. This is the one we have its been excellent:
    http://www.chmarine.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=dehumidifier&PN=meaco-dd8l%2ehtml#SID=500

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭GuitarMusic

I also have a Meaco DD8L desiccant dehumidifier and use it in a 3 bedroom terraced house during winter. It works a treat.

The features are excellent as desiccant models are cheaper to run than compressor models plus, in general, they operate at lower temperatures too. When using the Laundry mode this dehumidifier heats the surrounding air by an extra 10C so you can turn down your radiators as well.

Perhaps the DD8L is a bit of an overkill for a mobile home and the EcoAir ECO DD122FW , which is cheaper, could do the job just as well with less features.

Best to Google reviews of both models and make up your own mind.

Advertisement