Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

a little token of appriciation for childminder

• 10-01-2015 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

a freind of mine is a childminder to 3 girls 1girl is a nightmare.she looks after the kids very well.she also looks after their house by making sure they dont damage anything.most days when she gets there the house looks like a bomb hit it.so she sets about cleaning everything up and back in its rightful place she also puts on a wash.over the months she has bought the kids birthday present little treats on a friday and the week before chritmas she gave them a christmas present each.she gave it early as she was of the week before am i being petty over this. the way i look at it is they could at least acknoledge the fact that she kept their house spotless everyday and treated the kids on special occasions. there is a birthday coming up next month and she was mulling over wether to buy a present.i told her not to bother that you dident even get a christmas card of them.she decided not to buy anything again and has also decided they can clean their house themselves.she gets half rate holiday pay of them but i think a little token of appriciation would have been nice any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You can't force people to give a gift, it would be nice if they did but you can't make them. I'm not sure what advice you're looking for from a gift suggestion forum. Do you want me to move the thread to personal issues?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

here is my gift idea.

I think the household should have given your friend a nice box of roses.

is that the kind of answer you are looking for ?

Advertisement