Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

shinikins wrote: »
    Cdaly, your like our own handyman! D'ya do callouts?!!

I'm peeved. I got the urge to bake earlier, and made chocolate and cranberry cupcakes. Alls well with the world until I tried to find my Perfect Meringue Icing recipe, and it's gone. Not in my recipe folder and I can't find one online, they all have butter in them. :(
    Could you PM me the recipe for the Chocolate and Cranberry cupcakes please? They sound scrumptious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

They're lovely, not too sweet, and not too much chocolate. That's why I wanted my Meringue icing recipe, its like fluffy clouds on top, perfect for what I was looking for :(

Recipe will be winging its way to you shortly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

shinikins wrote: »
    They're lovely, not too sweet, and not too much chocolate. That's why I wanted my Meringue icing recipe, its like fluffy clouds on top, perfect for what I was looking for :(

Recipe will be winging its way to you shortly!!
    They sound amazing :D Can't wait to try them :D Thank you :D

Hopefully you'll find your icing recipe soon, it sounds delicious, so light and fluffy and yummy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its actually kinda cold in Spain at the mo, was 21 degrees when I got here today, chilly now though. ah well, going for a jog on the beach in the morning

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

krudler wrote: »
    dont knock shlumpy clothes, love when a girl is wearing her around the house clothes and think they look "manky" but look fcuking adorable

Err, then I would be constantly adorable so! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Lola92 wrote: »
    +1, as a mum you can really see the importance of quality ECCE and doing the reading and research into it just compounds what I already thought! I can't believe how blasé some people are about the care their kids get in their most formative years!
    So true. You said it waaay better than I did! :o
    Hope your little girl settled down soon after you posted and you got to finish the assignment ok. :)
    OakeyDokey wrote: »
    No truer words have ever been spoken!

I'm doing FETAC 5, did LEVEL 4 last year and hopefully move onto degree or LEVEL 6 next year. Child Development exam went well :)
    Glad the exam went well for you. So tell me, what questions came up? :p

Quite stressed with all this college work atm but I got some great feedback from 2 of my tutors about my draft work for my assignments. :) One of them in particular is very hard to impress but was so very lovely. Helped calm me down a bit and put a smile on my face. :D

Tried on a load of dresses in New Look today. Rather surprised to find that they all fit me nicely. Another lovely confidence boost. :) Bought one of them but will probably go back and buy another one of them if not 2. :o

Guess giving up chocolate for Lent is actually after resulting in a bit of weight loss. 16 days off choc which is pretty good considering how addicted I was and damn excellent since I’ve been so stressed and chocolate is my comfort food. :D

Also, it’s Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Where is everyone today?

It's almost the weekend. Yipppeee! No plans myself so going to just end up cleaning the house. The joy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Where is everyone today?

It's almost the weekend. Yipppeee! No plans myself so going to just end up cleaning the house. The joy :D

I'm here :) Trying to work, don't want to, what's new.

I have a monster busy weekend, not impressed at all. Have to go support a friend at an exhibition opening, then family stuff on Sunday, can't wait til Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Thai again tonight. Yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ah, Friday. Where have you been all my week?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hen night tomorrow in Westport. Whoop!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Where is everyone today?
    Stupid work was making me do work. :mad:

MY DRESS HAS SHIPPED!!

Jeebus H Christ it only took 4 emails threatening to cancel it and blacken their name as a seller.

Now if the future groom was actually talking to me it might be good :rolleyes:

sick to death of everyone on facebook who until yesterday had never heard of Joseph Kony now becoming an expert on international military policy in Uganda, stfu you sheep! go back to posting cryptic bullsh1t to "raise awareness" of things you have no interest in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

sick to death of everyone on facebook who until yesterday had never heard of Joseph Kony now becoming an expert on international military policy in Uganda, stfu you sheep! go back to posting cryptic bullsh1t to "raise awareness" of things you have no interest in.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/23/18-awareness/

An interesting fact about white people is that they firmly believe that all of the world’s problems can be solved through “awareness.” Meaning the process of making other people aware of problems, and then magically someone else like the government will fix it. This belief allows them to feel that sweet self-satisfaction without actually having to solve anything or face any difficult challenges. Because, the only challenge of raising awareness is people not being aware. In a worst case scenario, if you fail someone doesn’t know about the problem. End of story.
    What makes this even more appealing for white people is that you can raise “awareness” through expensive dinners, parties, marathons, selling t-shirts, fashion shows, concerts, eating at restaurants and bracelets. In other words, white people just have to keep doing stuff they like, EXCEPT now they can feel better about making a difference.
    Raising awareness is also awesome because once you raise awareness to an acceptable, aribtrary level, you can just back off and say “Bam! did my part. Now it’s your turn. Fix it.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Mollikins wrote: »
    Glad the exam went well for you. So tell me, what questions came up? :p

Quite stressed with all this college work atm but I got some great feedback from 2 of my tutors about my draft work for my assignments. :) One of them in particular is very hard to impress but was so very lovely. Helped calm me down a bit and put a smile on my face. :D

I'm glad your course is going well, I'm beginning to panic a bit. My main tutor (she's over three modules) doesn't seem to have any interest in teaching this course! I wouldn't care but she teaches the Child Development module which is seriously important! She hands us out photocopies of information that is already in our books! I have about 20 prints outs of the "physical milestones" All the information is the same it's just copied from different books :confused::confused:

I had to learn myself how to do observations! If I didn't have the help of my supervisor in work I would be crying right now.

Also WHY does there always have to be a certain groups of bitchy girls in every course you do?

*breath* :o Excuse the outburst!

Acoshla wrote: »
    MY DRESS HAS SHIPPED!!

About time! You were going to cancel it if they didn't have it shipped by today weren't you?

Finished college 3 hours earlier than I normally would! Tutor that I normally have for a triple in the afternoon was out sick and another tutor arranged to take us earlier, during our free, so I was finished at 12. Big smiles on all our faces heading out the door! :D

Got the chance to ask my course co-ordinator for a reference. Local playschool might need extra staff soon so I’m going to send them the aul CV and a few references, just for a paper trail. Probably won’t get a job out of it but I might get a few days here and there and sure the more experience I have in different settings, the better my CV will look! :)

Quite pleased with myself atm! The sun is shining and the birds are chirping in the trees. Going to have some lunch and then bring my gorgeous doggy for a walkies and make the most out of the weather.

Hope everyone else is having a good Friday too. :)

"my facebook picture is pink to raise awareness for breast cancer, I've never donated a penny to research or done anything to aid an organisation, but I clicked a button on facebook, I'm doing my part!"

and if you point this out to people you get the "ohh at least I'm doing something" NO YOU'RE NOT! you only get the smug sense of satisfaction from it, the people who really do charity work dont need facebook statuses and youtube shares to validate their work.

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm glad your course is going well, I'm beginning to panic a bit. My main tutor (she's over three modules) doesn't seem to have any interest in teaching this course! I wouldn't care but she teaches the Child Development module which is seriously important! She hands us out photocopies of information that is already in our books! I have about 20 prints outs of the "physical milestones" All the information is the same it's just copied from different books :confused::confused:

I had to learn myself how to do observations! If I didn't have the help of my supervisor in work I would be crying right now.

Also WHY does there always have to be a certain groups of bitchy girls in every course you do?

*breath* :o Excuse the outburst!
    I have one of my tutors for 4 modules and she is honestly the most scattered person EVER! What book are ye using? Is it 'Child Care and Development' by Pamela Minett? If not I would try and get my hands on it because it's a very good book. Think i saw it on the book depository for about 20 euro. If you're alright with giving me your address I could photocopy some of my notes and post them off to you. My tutor for Child Development is the course co-ordinator and is very thorough and organised so I've pretty good notes from her. :)

Glad you're supervisor is willing to help. Maybe she has a few books in the setting that might help aswell? :)

Don't talk to me about bitchy girls! Until a couple of weeks ago I thought everyone in my course was lovely and everyone got on well together. Nah. Got quite a shock when I overheard some of them one day. Thought when I left school I had left all that shít behind but I guess some people never grow up! :rolleyes:

Edit: Just checked. The book is 20.64 on thebookdepository.co.uk with free delivery. If you are thinking of going on to Level 6 it would be a great book for a good foundation to it.

"my facebook picture is pink to raise awareness for breast cancer, I've never donated a penny to research or done anything to aid an organisation, but I clicked a button on facebook, I'm doing my part!"

and if you point this out to people you get the "ohh at least I'm doing something" NO YOU'RE NOT! you only get the smug sense of satisfaction from it, the people who really do charity work dont need facebook statuses and youtube shares to validate their work.

Having a good holiday, eh? :P

• Advertisement

Mollikins wrote: »
    About time! You were going to cancel it if they didn't have it shipped by today weren't you?

Quite pleased with myself atm! The sun is shining and the birds are chirping in the trees. Going to have some lunch and then bring my gorgeous doggy for a walkies and make the most out of the weather.

Mollikins the sun is shining and the birds are chirping? Where are you?? It's grey, wet and gross here, the birds all gone indoors for a cup of tea!

Yes I told them I was cancelling it at 5pm today if I didn't have the tracking info, here's the emails I sent lol:

*Cranky Acoshla*
    Ok, I have given you many chances to send my dress or explain what is going on in the last SIX WEEKS. I said that if I did not receive the dress by today I would cancel my order, you said I would have tracking info yesterday and the dress "might" be here today, clearly this won't happen. It is now 10.00am Irish time, if I do not have working tracking information by 5pm with the certainty that my dress will be here on Monday the 12th of March I am cancelling my order.

I am so disappointed with this service, your customer service is incredibly poor, you told me the dress was shipped 3 weeks ago yet yesterday you said you "just got my dress", so that it was shipped 3 weeks ago was a lie?

Please respond as soon as possible so that I can cancel my order if I need to.

*Seller*
    friend, I just contacted post office, you will have dress soon, have a nice day.

*Cranky Acoshla*
    Sorry but "soon" isn't enough anymore, that is what I have been told for nearly a month. I was told twice in the last few weeks that you would contact the post office soon, what has been the delay? I don't understand the delay, your page says dresses take 15 days to process, but this has taken nearly 60 days?? Please give me the tracking info now so that I can track it with dhl, who you sent it with yesterday.

- And the next mail had DHL tracking info, woohoo. Bet you anything the dress will be a piece of crap now :rolleyes:

Mollikins the sun is shining and the birds are chirping? Where are you?? It's grey, wet and gross here, the birds all gone indoors for a cup of tea!

Yes I told them I was cancelling it at 5pm today if I didn't have the tracking info, here's the emails I sent lol: .....
    And the next mail had DHL tracking info, woohoo. Bet you anything the dress will be a piece of crap now :rolleyes:

Sunny South East sure! :p
    It's after getting a bit cloudy since I posted though. :rolleyes: Still a lovely day though.

I don't think you were cranky at all Acoshla! You were very reasonable. They obviously don't give a fúck about customer satisfaction! Can't believe they had the cheek to lie to you too. Hope to God it's worth it after all that! :)

Yes I told them I was cancelling it at 5pm today if I didn't have the tracking info, here's the emails I sent lol:

*Cranky Acoshla*
    Ok, I have given you many chances to send my dress or explain what is going on in the last SIX WEEKS. I said that if I did not receive the dress by today I would cancel my order, you said I would have tracking info yesterday and the dress "might" be here today, clearly this won't happen. It is now 10.00am Irish time, if I do not have working tracking information by 5pm with the certainty that my dress will be here on Monday the 12th of March I am cancelling my order.

I am so disappointed with this service, your customer service is incredibly poor, you told me the dress was shipped 3 weeks ago yet yesterday you said you "just got my dress", so that it was shipped 3 weeks ago was a lie?

Please respond as soon as possible so that I can cancel my order if I need to.

*Seller*
    friend, I just contacted post office, you will have dress soon, have a nice day.

*Cranky Acoshla*
    Sorry but "soon" isn't enough anymore, that is what I have been told for nearly a month. I was told twice in the last few weeks that you would contact the post office soon, what has been the delay? I don't understand the delay, your page says dresses take 15 days to process, but this has taken nearly 60 days?? Please give me the tracking info now so that I can track it with dhl, who you sent it with yesterday.

- And the next mail had DHL tracking info, woohoo. Bet you anything the dress will be a piece of crap now :rolleyes:

I'd give ya a hug but i dont do touching :P

Kiera wrote: »
    I'd give ya a hug but i dont do touching :P

That's ok I don't touch people either :p I think from what I've gathered from the next couple of emails that they were doing something myself and my best friend were just giving out about a few days ago! It said it takes 15 days to make a dress, 3-5 days to ship, but obviously the more they order in one go from the factory the cheaper they get them, and they were holding out for more orders before they sent my order, which is understandable, but at least tell someone that!

My old boss used to do this with nursing chair orders, he'd say "Oh it'll be here in 4-6 weeks", then he wouldn't order it til he had a few orders, but wouldn't tell the customers this, would wait til 4-6 weeks later when they called looking for it, and say (or get me to say) "There was a delay in the factory, it'll be another 4-6 weeks" instead of just telling them in the first place that it'd be 8+ weeks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My friend posted this on his FB.
    It's alright for Peter Pan to raise an army of child soldiers, but when a black man does it...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Oh and Jane, you can tell that "<" is the less one because it's a lop-sided "L"!

Oh that's clever.. I'll remember that. :)
    429418_10150844863297715_837172714_12749689_1200306599_n.jpg

OMG she's so cute!!! :D
    Could you PM me the recipe for the Chocolate and Cranberry cupcakes please? They sound scrumptious.

Any chance I could get that recipe too?? :o

Wanna see what I made today?

What I made today - 9 March.jpg

That's ok I don't touch people either :p I think from what I've gathered from the next couple of emails that they were doing something myself and my best friend were just giving out about a few days ago! It said it takes 15 days to make a dress, 3-5 days to ship, but obviously the more they order in one go from the factory the cheaper they get them, and they were holding out for more orders before they sent my order, which is understandable, but at least tell someone that!

My old boss used to do this with nursing chair orders, he'd say "Oh it'll be here in 4-6 weeks", then he wouldn't order it til he had a few orders, but wouldn't tell the customers this, would wait til 4-6 weeks later when they called looking for it, and say (or get me to say) "There was a delay in the factory, it'll be another 4-6 weeks" instead of just telling them in the first place that it'd be 8+ weeks.

That's such bad business. When we say we'll deliver in 4-6 weeks we HAVE to otherwise we'll get a bad name and no one will do business with us. Now there have been times when i delivery has been delayed but our staff HAVE to ring to customer and let them know. Putting people on the long finger isnt an option and isnt a way to do business.

Oh Kiera I was driven mad taking the flack from customers because he basically lied to them, and these were always expectant couples, ordering chairs for their nurseries, so telling them it'd be another 6 weeks was like telling them it'd be there when the child was 18. He is a horrible man with no sense of customer service, I used to beg to just call customers and give them an update, and he'd always say no, let it go til they ring us looking for it :mad:

What a dick! That's so unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Jane, what site was it you said you order your wool from? My mum is housebound at the moment and she wants to start knitting but doesn't know any good sites for ordering supplies!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement