Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The unfortunate thing is the japanese will probably ignore the release now for tournament play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

What about the japanese players who go to evo?! They'll be ripped apart by unknown characters (a bit like sanford kelly vs dan from japan) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

It'll probably get a PC release in the months following the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Although it doesn't effect me it seems that Capcom are screwing their biggest (and most hardcore) fans. It always saddens me when game companies start doing this. It like they almost want the game to be played on gamepads as standard instead of sticks. It gives me the feeling the SSFIV will be more user friendly than ever, which isn't really a good thing imo.

These are of course random predictions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

animaX wrote: »
    What about the japanese players who go to evo?! They'll be ripped apart by unknown characters (a bit like sanford kelly vs dan from japan) :eek:

lol did they not have console versions ? or what happened

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I guess the stupid input shortcuts are here to stay then :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I hope it gets less user friendly but I doubt it. I want to see the end to auto correction and I hope they tighten the reversal timings on wake up. Make the shoto's work harder on wake up those mofo's. I want meaty and cross up attacks to have better odds than they currently do. Make the game more offensive slanted.

This helps most the the characters with non charge reversals too much on wakeup. The shoto's, Honda, Cammy and Seth. These characters are extremely difficult to attack when they are the ground due to the ease of the reversal options and auto correction. Granted you could say the same about Blanka and Gief but they have other weakness to compensate to an extent (i,e Blanka specials are quite unsafe and Gief is a grappler that has to be zoned and has difficulty getting in).

I'm not suggest ST strict reversal timing but a half way house would be nice.

I like to see an optional removal of the short cuts that the player can enable disable at his leisure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jim wrote: »

Can you copy and paste the article here please? Cant access :(

Be a bit long to copy and paste. Basically its a counter argument to some gaming sites articles suggesting that Capcom are milking the serious and should of released the update as DLC. These websites seem to think we are about to have another L4D2 style uproar on there hands and they are calling it first.

Counter arguments to this are that its release will be over 1 year after SF IV's console release and 18 months after the arcade release.

Thats exactly in line with Capcom have traditional done with the series and its what the fans want. (I mean as soons as SSF IV is out discussing will move to when it SSF IV Turbo out)

That it will cost less than a full price game.

And if you feel like the series is being milked your probably a casual player who isn't that deeply into that game. If thats the case your under no pressure to buy the new version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I read an article on some game site, that got a quote off Capcom, saying why they wont/cant release it as DLC.

Basically SFIV coding isnt capable of adding new characters, and a new selection screen, in a single DLC.. There was some other stuff too, but there the main reasons why they wont

theres no chance it can be a DLC,
    code is never that dynamic

Placebo wrote: »
    lol did they not have console versions ? or what happened

Well they do but they play most in arcades so they probably dont have as much experience against the console exclusives. That and sanfords cammy is pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Azza wrote: »
    I hope it gets less user friendly but I doubt it. I want to see the end to auto correction and I hope they tighten the reversal timings on wake up. Make the shoto's work harder on wake up those mofo's. I want meaty and cross up attacks to have better odds than they currently do. Make the game more offensive slanted.

This helps most the the characters with non charge reversals too much on wakeup. The shoto's, Honda, Cammy and Seth. These characters are extremely difficult to attack when they are the ground due to the ease of the reversal options and auto correction. Granted you could say the same about Blanka and Gief but they have other weakness to compensate to an extent (i,e Blanka specials are quite unsafe and Gief is a grappler that has to be zoned and has difficulty getting in).

I'm not suggest ST strict reversal timing but a half way house would be nice.

I like to see an optional removal of the short cuts that the player can enable disable at his leisure.

In other words, more like 3rd strike timings. :cool: I loved meaties and I miss'em. The 3s timings also adds more to the point of the ex moves, generally wake up ex srk would be the best hope for a working reversal when the **** hits the fan, but in sfiv theres just no need. Or rarely anyway, as standard does the trick.

I mean I'm a shoto player here and I agree with and want everything your saying there. 3s had it just right in the mix between meaties and how hard reversals were.

I WANT MY UOHs back !~

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Azza wrote: »
    I hope it gets less user friendly but I doubt it. I want to see the end to auto correction and I hope they tighten the reversal timings on wake up.

Same thing really, autocorrect exists because the reversal window is so big

Could be, well it needs to be tighten, even if it means I have to work to get the correct teleport out for Bison.

Placebo wrote: »
    I WANT MY UOHs back !~

You couldn't even remember how to do them up north, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Another good quality general trailer showing some of Dee Jay, Juri and of course Placebo's favourite T. Hawk.

Can't wait for Dee Jay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Dee Jay will be cool so long as he's not as tedious as Balrog ie crazy quick jab>cr strong> upkicks to Ultra (that part is inevitable).He should be a fun character to use though.

• Advertisement

Dee jay looks cool in that vid!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Some people are suggesting that Juri will have no punches, just kicks. Don't think she punches at all in that clip.

Seems to be hinting at a bison/juri connection.

Deejay seems to be a Rufus type character.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seems to be hinting at a bison/juri connection.

Deejay seems to be a Rufus type character.

DeeJays not really like Rufus.He'a a charge character,has a fireball(max out!) up kick move(like chun li in alpha and st) and a forward kick thing.Can combo his super usually from upkicks so I presume it'll be the same for IV.

Has some massive damage combos in the past that were easy to do,especially the ones ending in the machine gun uppercut.Always a fun character to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Juris ultra looks absolutly top drawer. T.Hawks not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Deejay was in the past anyway Guile with worse specials, better normals, and combos that could end matches instantly...doubt we'll be seeing that last part return at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1030332p1.html

New interview with Ono.

Few bits of new information, no unlockable characters, no significant changes to the FA system and pretty much confirming lobbies with spectator mode.

Sweet gonna read that now. Btw regarding the arcade release or non release, this came from the japanese blog (translated by someone on srk)
    "'Right now, it isn't 100% certain that SSF4 will not get an arcade release. I'd first like to let you know, we've decided not to abandon the [Super] Street Fighter 4 for Arcade. Because we don't want to quench the enormous flame people have for the game, I think we'd like to continue it, but everyone, we need your assistance!'...I know it was written in such a rare, serious way, but we want to make sure everyone (Everyone who plays SSF4 in Arcades, and everyone who plays SSF4 at home) knows that we're putting the finishing touches on something that is fun for everyone! Similar to SF4, because the development staff is working as hard as possible without any compromise creating this game, please wait with hope!"

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7589867&postcount=873

So maybe it could still be a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Watch the video as well. Juri looks beastly! Dive kick to Ultra! Bitchin

• Advertisement

yep she kicks out fireballs too it seems, at different angles like gouken urien and oro from the looks of it.

Theres loads of great info in the written interview too, its seems the rumours of this altered multiple focus system were false.

Advertisement