Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta secures rights for NHL in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

They show re runs on the opposite channel they show. ie Live on Setanta Ireland and re eun on SS1. I think. What annoys me already though is the rubbish ads during periods instead of analysis! Can go on for 10-12 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

They show re runs on the opposite channel they show. ie Live on Setanta Ireland and re eun on SS1. I think. What annoys me already though is the rubbish ads during periods instead of analysis! Can go on for 10-12 minutes!

I'd take it over the insanely annoying music they play during ad-breaks and between periods on Gamecenter. UGH.

The whole game cut short in the last minute at 2-2 (Maple leafs and Avalanche) Very frustrating by Setanta and UPC, at least with ESPNA they had 30-40 minutes post game analysis!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

The whole game cut short in the last minute at 2-2 (Maple leafs and Avalanche) Very frustrating by Setanta and UPC, at least with ESPNA they had 30-40 minutes post game analysis!

Recorded it on Sky myself...no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

The UPC DVR doesnt seem to be very smart, it records for the scheduled time doesn't take into account an overrun or if the programme you want to record started late due to an overrun in the previous...

• Advertisement

FFS second time in two days! Rangers 3 up in Canucks with 4 minutes to go and it cuts the recording, surely UPC and Setanta can work together to fix this infuriating issue!

FFS second time in two days! Rangers 3 up in Canucks with 4 minutes to go and it cuts the recording, surely UPC and Setanta can work together to fix this infuriating issue!

Isn't there a way to manually record a channel and a time with UPC. So if the match is 12.30am to 03.00am, you just let it record to 03.30am?

I'm fairly sure there is...

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Isn't there a way to manually record a channel and a time with UPC. So if the match is 12.30am to 03.00am, you just let it record to 03.30am?

I'm fairly sure there is...
    Yes there is, we have set up recordings to start 10 minutes before the scheduled start and stop 10 mins after the scheduled end. I didn't setup it up myself but I'll check later when I get home and post how it can be done...

You can set up to record 5 minutes/10 minutes before and after but if someone wants to record two things during the day one after the other it messes with it. I dont really want to manually change this after every game to suit other people either. Its a mess! First two games Ive watched Ive missed the overtime and last few minutes of regular time!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 elprez

How come none of the matches are on the tv listings on their website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I presume once they've shown the reruns of the world cup final every day for the next two weeks we'll start getting afternoon/evening showings of the previous nights hockey games. So far, the NHL seems to be the only thing that isn't repeated multiple times on Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

2 games showing tonight!! and one of them is a habs game!! awesome!!

2 games showing tonight!! and one of them is a habs game!! awesome!!
    Damn missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Trying to watch the leafs vs. pens on premier sports but the coverage is already shocking and it's only the pre game...

Jumping into the middle of interviews and then ending them early...

Getting the stream from root sports which seems Pitt based is about the only good thing :D

Well go pens I guess ;)

Izy wrote: »
    Trying to watch the leafs vs. pens on premier sports but the coverage is already shocking and it's only the pre game...
    This game is on Setanta Ireland if you got that :)

Great evening of hockey underway, but I've got to get some sleep. Enjoy all.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Coeus wrote: »

No I dont...

Buffalo v Philadelphia on Setanta Ireland tonight at 11.30pm. Should get to watch all of it seen as its on at a decent time :)

while ESPN don't have the rights to show games, they still cover NHL related stuff on Sports Center

while ESPN don't have the rights to show games, they still cover NHL related stuff on Sports Center

No NHL on the Fly anymore though is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Finding the major stalling on Setanta's coverage a real pain in the ass!

Sharks get one at home to Penguins. 2-1 atm to Pittsburgh with 17 left in the 2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

no it's not. It's on setanta sports, an extra cost per month!

iregk wrote: »
    no it's not. It's on setanta sports, an extra cost per month!

Most, if not all, of the games have been on Setanta Ireland so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Most, if not all, of the games have been on Setanta Ireland so far.

Yeah but the one I'm interested in is tonight at 11. Setanta sports only. Come on leafs.

As far as I know, all of them are on Setanta Ireland.

Never really watch too much Hockey myself but was always a fan of the video games.

Anyways Setanta just tweeted
    SetantaSports Setanta Sports
    For any NHL fans, we are showing Detroit v Edmonton and Anaheim v Vancouver live on Setanta Ireland from 12.30 tonight. #nhl

thebison wrote: »
    As far as I know, all of them are on Setanta Ireland.

Never really watch too much Hockey myself but was always a fan of the video games.

Anyways Setanta just tweeted
    SetantaSports Setanta Sports
    For any NHL fans, we are showing Detroit v Edmonton and Anaheim v Vancouver live on Setanta Ireland from 12.30 tonight. #nhl

But no re-broadcasts the next day probably? They amaze me. Everything else they show is repeated to death (there'll probably be more showings of the rugby world cup on this weekend!) but the ice hockey is never repeated the next day. I need my beauty sleep so can't stay up but would definitely watch reruns.

But no re-broadcasts the next day probably? They amaze me. Everything else they show is repeated to death (there'll probably be more showings of the rugby world cup on this weekend!) but the ice hockey is never repeated the next day. I need my beauty sleep so can't stay up but would definitely watch reruns.

I'm pretty sure I saw a listing for a re-run today at 8pm. Haven't access to the listings handy but pretty sure I saw it.

I'm pretty sure I saw a listing for a re-run today at 8pm. Haven't access to the listings handy but pretty sure I saw it.
    Yea your right, Boston v Edmonton is on Setanta Ireland and HD now...

Yea your right, Boston v Edmonton is on Setanta Ireland and HD now...

It's the only one all week though I think. Instead on Tuesday we're getting Ireland v Australia from the WC, Wednesday is Ireland v Italy and Thursday England v France. Come on, who the hell wants to watch rugby from a month ago?

I don't have Setanta 1 so there could be more on there I suppose. I was also getting excited for a minute when i saw a program called 'On the Fly' listed on Setanta Ireland. But it's not the NHL highlights show but a show about fishing instead.

• Advertisement

is there some clause that might be barring restricting them from showing (to borrow espn lingo) encore presentations perhaps?
    I'd imagine that the cost for the broadcasting rights would be fairly considerable..
    Also, as i said before, I'd really like to see NHL On The Fly running on Setanta as well as the games.. I miss hearing the pundits discussing the previous nights action and the likes.
    and i also kinda miss the intermission reports too.. which on Setanta is replaced by some "NASCAR is awesome!" short or something. But of course it's better than having to rely on dodgy streams to get my hockey fix
    the thing i liked about when ESPN had NHL though was that there were no ads during the breaks in play.
    I was also getting excited for a minute when i saw a program called 'On the Fly' listed on Setanta Ireland. But it's not the NHL highlights show but a show about fishing instead.

I also fell for that one.. those dam fishing folk.. luring us in with hockey speak.. if you'll pardon the pun

Advertisement