Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Hahaha... Gamesmaster just did a special feature on this Mega CD title:

Supreme Warrior

Sheesh... you think you know every crappy FMV game and then another one pops up...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Think I'll stick on some resident evil. I'm wide awake, can't sleep and have to be up for work in 4 hours but shure feck it!

Could have beaten RE1 in that time :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Could have beaten RE1 in that time :p

It's the Official Irish Playstation Magazine letters page all over again.

'Final Fantasy VII is a better game than Final Fantasy VIII because I can beat Metal Gear Solid in 1 hr 24 minutes which is 15 minutes quicker than you'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

haha You know the way I wanted to make a megazine of games reviews and ****. Still might do it but if I ever do I have to get everyone here to write a pretend letter of some irritating thing in and put them in the back pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh... currently downloading season 4 of Gamesmaster...

Have you got all the seasons 1-3

where did you get them torrents?

Wouldnt mind looking at them again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's the Official Irish Playstation Magazine letters page all over again.

'Final Fantasy VII is a better game than Final Fantasy VIII because I can beat Metal Gear Solid in 1 hr 24 minutes which is 15 minutes quicker than you'

That mag was based, during its short lifespan, in that basement under the Liffey St branch of Gamesworld.
    And a more biased piece of newsprint you'll never see, I believe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sparks43 wrote: »

I got them on usenet.

Some of the recordings are kinda crap in the early seasons, but they're the only known recordings afaik, short of the C4 vaults.

Edit - The whole series is available on these dvd's, they are recorded via VHS though, those of you who remember tracking {Cidey} will know what that looks like when its off for a few seconds. But all in all they're great to watch through again. The hype & anticipation for releases like Sonic 2 etc is brilliant to look back on.

gamesmaster-series-6-computer-show-1997-dvd-e2dbc.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That mag was based, during its short lifespan, in that basement under the Liffey St branch of Gamesworld.
    And a more biased piece of newsprint you'll never see, I believe!

A worse arse rag I never read in my life. Bought it because of the FFIX exclusive review. The review was god awful. It said that FFIX is great and really similar to FFVII. Strange that it was nothing like FFVII and more a loving homage to FFIV. There was a small preview for Legend of Dragoon as well and it was apparently being made by most of the team that made FFVI and not the internal Sony team that performed satanic rituals and sacrifices to rend the game out of the sulphurous earth of hell, a grave insult to the people that made FFVI. The people writing it hadn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

So do any of you guys own a copy of Katamari Damacy?

Stumbled across the game via a Mega64 parody.

It is the most ridiculous looking game I have ever seen and that makes me want it!

2dcadkm.jpg

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »

Got them off a newsgroup. Season 3 is up there as well as far as I can tell.

I think they've aged well enough... the bits where Dominick Diamond interviews the kids and slags them off are super awkward though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

The guy is the king of the Double Entendre. Have you seen the late night one? where they play games like mortal kombat etc .. cursing is involved.

waveform wrote: »
    So do any of you guys own a copy of Katamari Damacy?

Stumbled across the game via a Mega64 parody.

It is the most ridiculous looking game I have ever seen and that makes me want it!

Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari are two of the best games ever made. You can't help but feel good and have a great time playing them. Not having played them is missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari are two of the best games ever made. You can't help but feel good and have a great time playing them. Not having played them is missing out.

I remember buying We Love Katamari in Gamestop.
    They only got 1 or 2 copies on release day and the girls behind the counter were very confused at me buying a game with a pink crayon cover. Then I got to go home and trip balls without any drugs required whatsoever!

My favourite classic Dominic Diamond moment is the entire Zoe Ball challenge, skip to 16:10 and watch the whole challenge:

I remember buying We Love Katamari in Gamestop.
    They only got 1 or 2 copies on release day and the girls behind the counter were very confused at me buying a game with a pink crayon cover. Then I got to go home and trip balls without any drugs required whatsoever!

This game = my first time tripping balls

Edit: LOL, the thumbnail pic is of the level with rollies and a foreign brown substance!

Size comparisons:

bnApX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Argh!! My girlfriend pointed out that there was a bit of mould on the wall down the side of the bed, so I thought I'd clean it when I got home from work today.

Holy mother of ****balls, it was everywhere! I had a couple of paintings stored away down there in frames and it actually made it's green way through the back of the frame onto the image. :(

The bigger problem is I have my games and consoles boxed away under there. Literally had to haul it all out and move the whole bedroom around.

So yeah, just a word of warning coming into the colder months. If you have any hardware stashed away in rooms with outside walls, you might want to go check on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

i_blew___em_up_with_love__by_tinyskye-d4emuf0.jpg
    ^click to enlarge

76 hours over 2 weeks and I've completed Skyrim... well as much as you can complete it by finishing off the main quest.

It's super letdown! I had to look things up to see if I actually was finished as it's just that anti-climatic.

Lots of side quests still to do... but I think I'm finished with it for now.

Tomorrow I shall finally begin with Skyward sword.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

o1s1n wrote: »
    Argh!! My girlfriend pointed out that there was a bit of mould on the wall down the side of the bed, so I thought I'd clean it when I got home from work today.

Holy mother of ****balls, it was everywhere! I had a couple of paintings stored away down there in frames and it actually made it's green way through the back of the frame onto the image. :(

The bigger problem is I have my games and consoles boxed away under there. Literally had to haul it all out and move the whole bedroom around.

So yeah, just a word of warning coming into the colder months. If you have any hardware stashed away in rooms with outside walls, you might want to go check on them...
    same thing happened to me in a house I was renting a few years back
    spare room , unused for a bit (we were storing things there) went in to clean and ended up having to throw half the stuff in there out, sheets , clothes , books it had gotten into anything like some sort of creepy space parasite!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

same thing happened to me in a house I was renting a few years back
    spare room , unused for a bit (we were storing things there) went in to clean and ended up having to throw half the stuff in there out, sheets , clothes , books it had gotten into anything like some sort of creepy space parasite!

If you're not careful you'll end up like Stephen King in Creepshow:

Creepshow5.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

safetyboy wrote: »
    [[/YOUTUBE]
    hey do you still need that saturn?
    Give us a shout (check your PM's!)

DinoRex wrote: »
    76 hours over 2 weeks and I've completed Skyrim... well as much as you can complete it by finishing off the main quest.

It's super letdown! I had to look things up to see if I actually was finished as it's just that anti-climatic.

Lots of side quests still to do... but I think I'm finished with it for now.

Tomorrow I shall finally begin with Skyward sword.

I find the sidequests in bethesda games far more satisfying than the main quest. Also the disappointing ending is probably following the worrying trend of bethesda only releasing the real ending as a DLC add on. At least Bethesda DLC is so good it's the only DLC actually worth buying imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fallout 3 ended well enough, but, yes, the DLC was something special on that game.
    Never played them to completion though.
    Must pick up a copy of the game again and give it a lash...

Oh wait.

I can't.

My save was on the PS3 that ylod earlier this year!

So that's that then :(

Unless I can extract the game saves from a toasted PS3's hdd, answers on a postcard to the usual address!

Unless I can extract the game saves from a toasted PS3's hdd, answers on a postcard to the usual address!

1218737914_hit-it-crowbar.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Take out the hard drive and shove it into another ps3 and then I think there's a way to copy things to a memory stick.

Take out the hard drive and shove it into another ps3 and then I think there's a way to copy things to a memory stick.

If the HDD is toasted then there is very little chance of getting any info back off it

Im sure there are sites that let you download game saves that you can put on the ps3

But i will stick with hitting it with a crowbar :D

• Advertisement

A €20 SATA dock is one of the best purchases I ever made...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement