Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

WW 'League' 20+ interstees:

Name

GT_TDI_150
    harr
    Starlight1
    Monife
    Caros
    Baby75
    tattoo86
    rachelryan29
    misslt
    Eircom_Sucks
    Lady Laine
    2Fat
    Tmeos
    ibarelycare
    Lizlemon
    boxoff
    westerngirl
    emskelly
    Flurry
    FatGirlSlim
    Jackie307133
    irishfm
    newbee22
    jackmax
    mollyban2

Let me know if your name is missing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

The league look likes is going to be a great success! Good Luck GT and well done for taking it on :)

Personally it wouldn't serve its purpose as a motivator for me so I'm out but good luck to all involved xx

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So had WI this morning & I was down 1.75lbs :)

Really happy about that as I only walked/exercised twice this week due to being Ill with strep! Its also the vanish of that flipping mystery 1.5lb gain 2 weeks ago! So 18lbs gone now in 18 wks - slow & steady but I agree with china foot slow & steady wins the race! 1 more lb & I'm at my 10% gone yay! & 4 more lbs to get me at 11st 13lb how I can't wait to see the 11's :D & that should bring my BMI out of the obese range as well!

Have a great weekend everyone, well done on the losses, & good luck to those with WI today & tomorrow & exam girlies who are finished party hard for this weekend & jump back on the wagon Monday! Ye deserve to let your hair down! :)

As always I'd be lost without the thread so thank you all & good luck with the 'league' I won't participate in this one for the same reasons as the last one, I'm doing this for me & me alone & I wouldn't find it motivating my losses are small each week when averaged out so I don't need a kick to say I'm bottom! As far as I'm concerned I'm top cos I'm competing with me myself & I :P

Good look to ye though & GTI I think you'll be better at it & your way seems more fair than the last attempt! :)

Actually I just went onto the WW uk site & checked my BMI .... I'm now at 30 which means I'm overweight but not obese/ very over weight yay!! (ok I know this is prob no big deal for most of ye but I'm 5.3 so it is to me! Woo hoo mini goal reached. Going to paint my nails later to celebrate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    WW 'League' 20+ interstees:

Let me know if your name is missing ;)

Add me in too please.

• Advertisement

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Actually I just went onto the WW uk site & checked my BMI .... I'm now at 30 which means I'm overweight but not obese/ very over weight yay!! (ok I know this is prob no big deal for most of ye but I'm 5.3 so it is to me! Woo hoo mini goal reached. Going to paint my nails later to celebrate! :D

Congratulations. Not only will you look better, think of all the health benefits. It'll be no time 'til you are in the 11s. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

Hey All,

Got my pack in the post last night so starting today!:D

Unfortunately need to do a full new shop for food cause all my normal diet foods seem to be very high in points! Going to stick to my 29 a day and just keep the extra for saturday's which are my days off, hope I can, really doesn't seem like a lot to work with but it'll force me to eat more fruit and veg!

Good luck fatgirlslim (great username btw ;) ) I've been doing the at home program for the last 18 wks & it is doable, I use this thread as my 'meeting' definitely get your big shop in to set you up for the week it'll prob take 2 or 3 wks to find your stride food wise ie what you like, what you don't, what's worth the pp, what isn't you're electronic calculator is your best friend in the beginning so I suggest you bring it everywhere! & I'd download the iwatcher app if you have an iPhone or an alternate android app to help with your tracking!

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey All,

Got my pack in the post last night so starting today!:D

Unfortunately need to do a full new shop for food cause all my normal diet foods seem to be very high in points! Going to stick to my 29 a day and just keep the extra for saturday's which are my days off, hope I can, really doesn't seem like a lot to work with but it'll force me to eat more fruit and veg!

good luck :)

Well done om all the weight loss every one:)

the 1 pound that showed yesterday is gone today now to keep it that way for thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Lainy, heard ya talking about pizza and wedges before - already looking foward to that dinner tonight! gona have it with loada nice salad. Do you mae your own wedges? Sorry to be a pain now, would you mind posting receipe if you can, would be great :) Have purposely satyed off diet coe over past 3 days, has anyone found this to help their weight loss? I love it, I now its zero points but erm think I need a break from it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

boxoff wrote: »
    Lainy, heard ya talking about pizza and wedges before - already looking foward to that dinner tonight! gona have it with loada nice salad. Do you mae your own wedges? Sorry to be a pain now, would you mind posting receipe if you can, would be great :) Have purposely satyed off diet coe over past 3 days, has anyone found this to help their weight loss? I love it, I now its zero points but erm think I need a break from it :)

I was mad into Diet Coke too although was drinking water along with it but still drinking 3-4 cans a day! I gave it up last wed week so about 10 days off it now and i find that my stomach is a bit flatter since i have given it up but i havent noticed any real difference in weight loss.... I dont drink tea or coffee so it is hard stay off it as life is very boring with just water all day everyday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Micki wrote: »
    I was mad into Diet Coke too although was drinking water along with it but still drinking 3-4 cans a day! I gave it up last wed week so about 10 days off it now and i find that my stomach is a bit flatter since i have given it up but i havent noticed any real difference in weight loss.... I dont drink tea or coffee so it is hard stay off it as life is very boring with just water all day everyday :(

Me 2 - dont drink tea or coffee so tend to have it instead at breatime and that. Ive really cut back, might have just the one can today for dins, a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

mollyban2 wrote: »
    Hi all. i've been following this thread since Jan, I find it very motivating (especially Lady lainey - thank-you!) I'd also like to join the league. I'm currently weighing in at 15st6, down from 16st13 since january. Its a bit slower than I'd like but to be fair I'm not killing myself either and have taken a few nights "off" from pointing. I think the league is a great idea.:)

awww thank you so much, thats very sweet. At least on here we can vent our emotional weight....which in turn helps us to shift the real weight. Well thats how it is for me...my weight is result of emotional baggage. But these days i have less emotional baggage....so the real weight is slowly but surely falling off.

boxoff wrote: »

Its one the other girls on here came up with the wedges recipe :) which omg i love her for! they are such a nice treat without doing damage.

There just boiled baby potatoes, cut into 1/4's then baked in preheated oven (about 200c) 20 mins, Do make sure the oven is heated, so they come out crisp.

if you want to add seasoning spray with a little oil and sprinkle with what ever season takes your fancy. I just just herbs and chili flakes. I just use the Fry Light lo-cal spray. only needs a few sprays so technically thats 0pp

So all you have to point is the potatoes
    100g raw baby potatoes = 2pp

Even tho diet coke is 0pp, i still keep it just as a treat...cos it really makes me bloated

Hey does anyone know anything about making butternut squash chips? Seen it posted here before but cant find it now... And i have one in the fridge so gonna make them this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Micki wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know anything about making butternut squash chips? Seen it posted here before but cant find it now... And i have one in the fridge so gonna make them this evening...

I live on BNS Chips. Just cut into chips and sprinkle with the seasoning of your choice (Cajun is my favourite) and bake at 200degrees for about 30mins. (Time depends on your taste! ) My preference would be crispy. Don't cut them too thick, they take a lot longer to do. Enjoy.:p

fionas046 wrote: »
    I live on BNS Chips. Just cut into chips and sprinkle with the seasoning of your choice (Cajun is my favourite) and bake at 200degrees for about 30mins. (Time depends on your taste! ) My preference would be crispy. Don't cut them too thick, they take a lot longer to do. Enjoy.:p

Do you spray them with the spray oil too? I would love to try them. And, do you cut off the skin (that's the bit I hate about BNS? Thanks.

Thanks! Can't wait now! I also got one of those shake and bag yokes by Knorr and that is a new thing too tonight!!! So it will be a whole new dinner this evening!

ProPoints® Value: 10
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 40 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Try our lighter version of this traditional pub favourite. The crispy coating and tartare sauce are delicious. What's more the whole family will love it.

Ingredients

700 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, (1lb 9oz), unpeeled, scrubbed and cut into wedges
    10 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    1 pinch Salt, or to taste
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), freshly ground
    450 g Shellfish, Prawns, Peeled & Cooked, (1lb), large, raw, thawed if frozen
    1 medium Egg, Whole, beaten
    75 g Polenta, Raw, instant, (2 3/4oz)
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Mixed Herbs, Dried
    6 tablespoons Yogurt, Greek, 0% Fat, plain
    1 tablespoons Capers, in Brine, rinsed and chopped
    15 g Pickled Gherkin, (1 tbsp), rinsed and chopped
    1 medium Lemon, cut into wedges, to serve

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.

Put potato wedges into a roasting pan. Coat with the cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.

Pat prawns dry with kitchen paper. Beat egg with 2 tbsp cold water. Sprinkle polenta onto a plate and mix with dried herbs and seasoning.

Dip prawns in beaten egg, then roll in polenta mixture. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake in oven with potato wedges for a further 10 minutes.

Mix together yogurt, capers and gherkins. Serve with "scampi" and chips, with wedges of lemon.

fofany wrote: »
    Do you spray them with the spray oil too? I would love to try them. And, do you cut off the skin (that's the bit I hate about BNS? Thanks.

I used to spray them but then ran out of spray so did it without any. It makes no difference at all.
    If you cut your BNS along the length like as if you're cutting out round tea coasters then peel them, its sooooooo much easier. You'll love them. I always keep a freezerbag full in the fridge so I can have them if I'm hungary but don't have to go cutting them up. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Oh dear god I'm just after having a hot chicken sandwich from the deli :eek: Had it on brown bread with butter, mayo and cheese all FULL FAT This is after a very bad week of binge eating. Was so upset after my exam yesterday and I still haven't recovered.

Determined to get back on track as of now. Don't want to be up next week. This rain isn't helping though :(

Now I'm finished for the summer gonna look at trying new meals and try and get bigger losses.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Oh dear god I'm just after having a hot chicken sandwich from the deli :eek: Had it on brown bread with butter, mayo and cheese all FULL FAT This is after a very bad week of binge eating. Was so upset after my exam yesterday and I still haven't recovered.

Determined to get back on track as of now. Don't want to be up next week. This rain isn't helping though :(

Now I'm finished for the summer gonna look at trying new meals and try and get bigger losses.

One Sandwich will not a diet break! Onwards and downward!;)

Eabhabear wrote: »

I hate when something tastes sooooo nice but makes you feel soooo bad!! It makes it just not worth it, but just draw a line under it and move on...Now i want one for my lunch though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

I used to spray them but then ran out of spray so did it without any. It makes no difference at all.
    If you cut your BNS along the length like as if you're cutting out round tea coasters then peel them, its sooooooo much easier. You'll love them. I always keep a freezerbag full in the fridge so I can have them if I'm hungary but don't have to go cutting them up. ;)

and do you turn them half way through?

I've tried these countless occasions and cant make them crispy.. except for when i burn them.. :rolleyes:

Also, regarding the wedges.. Laney.. how long do you boil them for? i boiled them for 20 min first time and then 20 min in oven and they were not nice.. then i tried to lower the time in boiling and up the time in the oven.. still were not great.. so thought next time i'll just parboil them 10 min and oven cook for 30-40 min??

Maybe my oven doesn't do crispy??? :p

amira wrote: »

I've tried these countless occasions and cant make them crispy.. except for when i burn them.. :rolleyes:

Also, regarding the wedges.. Laney.. how long do you boil them for? i boiled them for 20 min first time and then 20 min in oven and they were not nice.. then i tried to lower the time in boiling and up the time in the oven.. still were not great.. so thought next time i'll just parboil them 10 min and oven cook for 30-40 min??

its really trial and error, to speed up the process cos i'm impatient lol I usually chop them intp wedges, then boil the wedges for about 10 - 15 mins,

and about 20 - 25 mins in oven, i have a mesh wire tray thing that helps them crisp, but make sure the oven is preheated fully.

I'll admit a few times the wedges have just turned out like normal potatoes...but i still like them :)

i dont really keep an eye on the clock when i'm doing them, when i feel there boiled enough they go into the oven....when i feel there baked enough i serve them up :)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    its really trial and error, to speed up the process cos i'm impatient lol I usually chop them intp wedges, then boil the wedges for about 10 - 15 mins,

and about 20 - 25 mins in oven, i have a mesh wire tray thing that helps them crisp, but make sure the oven is preheated fully.

I'll admit a few times the wedges have just turned out like normal potatoes...but i still like them :)

i dont really keep an eye on the clock when i'm doing them, when i feel there boiled enough they go into the oven....when i feel there baked enough i serve them up :)

thanks missy.. i'll go by my trial number 3 tonite.. hopefully will be no error this time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

To all those that have pm'd me weights, i'll start taking weights from tomorrow onwards. So next weeks weight is thhe one i need;)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    To all those that have pm'd me weights, i'll start taking weights from tomorrow onwards. So next weeks weight is thhe one i need;)

Thanks

Do I pm you my current weight NOW and then give you my WI weight this week on Thursday?

amira wrote: »

I don't turn them but I do cook them on a "chip" tray. You know the one with the holes on the bottom.

• Advertisement

i see.. that might be it.. i need a chip tray.. or one of them mesh thingys..
    Thank you guys!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement