Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

I bake them at 180 for 28/30 mins!
    Enjoy :)

Thanks Rachael! Baking is on my to do list this weekend to try and distract myself from alcohol.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Folks the lemon muffins...how big are they? Want to make them today but I need to get bun cases and don't know what size to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

weighed in today and sts for me,,delighted!!!seeing as i'm on maintenance and free now i bought myself a size 10 dress in A wear,,so summary can't wait for a night out now!!! good luck to everyone with there weigh in's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

lil kc wrote: »
    Does anyone else just hate when you sit down to eat something and someone asks 'Are you still doing weightwatchers??'. Grrrrrr YES I AM and I am allowed to eat, wish i had never told anyone that I was doing it :rolleyes:

This is why I didn't tell anyone except OH that I'm doing it! I hate feeling like ppl are watching every bite I put into my mouth! And I've always found that it is ppl who are a lot bigger than me who say the nasty thing like that! :mad::mad: I think the ppl who say these things are actually jealous because we are doing something productive for ourselves!

Hope you enjoyed your muffin anyway, kc! :D

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    This is why I didn't tell anyone except OH that I'm doing it! I hate feeling like ppl are watching every bite I put into my mouth! And I've always found that it is ppl who are a lot bigger than me who say the nasty thing like that! :mad::mad: I think the ppl who say these things are actually jealous because we are doing something productive for ourselves!

Do any of ye have any close friends that have never complimented ye on your weight loss? I have a friend that is always saying that me and her are best friends but i have lost over 5st, a third of my body weight and she has never ever once even mentioned it! I am not bragging but it is a very drastic change and everybody else has noticed!!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ugh, really sad and disappointed :(

Was meant to be viewing this gorgeous apartment exact location we want within our budget this evening (that only went on daft yesterday) and the agent just rang and said he let it to someone this morning. Extremely gutted because I haven't seen anything like it in months for our budget. Have been checking Daft since November last year (wanted to move since then but life got in the way and totally ready and itching to move now) and havent seen anything half decent for our budget :(:(

The agent rang right when I was going out for lunch with my friends and was going to get a sandwich but then I was so annoyed I got Thai Green Chicken curry, rice and handful of chips.

Raging because I wanted to (and still probably will, but with guilt because saving weeklies for the busy weekend) have a few drinks tonight. And then really busy weekend ahead. OH birthday tomorrow and staying in the Marriot in Ashbourne, 3 course meal, drinks etc etc fry up for brekkie and then Sunday dinner with my mam and OH and her partner and more drinks that evening.

Sorry for the rant.

EDIT: Can anyone hazard a guess in the PP for Thai Green Chicken Curry? I can guesstimate the PP of the rice and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

Monife wrote: »
    Ugh, really sad and disappointed :(

Was meant to be viewing this gorgeous apartment exact location we want within our budget this evening (that only went on daft yesterday) and the agent just rang and said he let it to someone this morning. Extremely gutted because I haven't seen anything like it in months for our budget. Have been checking Daft since November last year (wanted to move since then but life got in the way and totally ready and itching to move now) and havent seen anything half decent for our budget :(:(

The agent rang right when I was going out for lunch with my friends and was going to get a sandwich but then I was so annoyed I got Thai Green Chicken curry, rice and handful of chips.

Raging because I wanted to (and still probably will, but with guilt because saving weeklies for the busy weekend) have a few drinks tonight. And then really busy weekend ahead. OH birthday tomorrow and staying in the Marriot in Ashbourne, 3 course meal, drinks etc etc fry up for brekkie and then Sunday dinner with my mam and OH and her partner and more drinks that evening.

Sorry for the rant.

EDIT: Can anyone hazard a guess in the PP for Thai Green Chicken Curry? I can guesstimate the PP of the rice and chips.

So its done now u can't take it back - best to be spend ur energy planning smart options off the marriotts online menus, eg they have loads of yummie options other than the fry up for brekkie, and squeese some extra excercise in so u can have more of the choices u want. as for the apartment - maybe it had really noisy inconsiderate neighbours your better off without!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Micki wrote: »
    Do any of ye have any close friends that have never complimented ye on your weight loss? I have a friend that is always saying that me and her are best friends but i have lost over 5st, a third of my body weight and she has never ever once even mentioned it! I am not bragging but it is a very drastic change and everybody else has noticed!!!! :(

That's an amazing loss, well done you must be so proud of yourself :D:D:D Some ppl at work have said it to me that I look slimmer, I've only lost 16.5lbs though, but my family, i.e the mother & sister who would be quick to say I've put on weight, haven't said anything :mad: That said this could be because the last time my mother said anything to be, I went mad and told her to bog off because she would never say anything to my much skinnier sister abour her weight, in spite of her needing to put on about two stone! She is seriously underweight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Micki wrote: »

That's so weird I was only talking about this last night with a close friend who has been so supportive of my weight loss. In fact all my friends are and they have all complimented me continuously. All except my best friend who never asks me how I get on and has never complimented me. It's not that I'm bigheaded and I want the compliments (in fact I get kinda embarrassed by them) it's just hurtful that she doesn't seem to care. We came to the conclusion last night that she may be a bit threatened by my weight loss as she was always the good looking one who got the guys whereas I was the fat friend. Since I've lost the weight guys have started to notice me.

I've decided to not let it get me down. All my other friends are extremely supportive and I am determined to not let it get to me. We're doing this for ourselves and no-one else :D

You've done so well so don't let it get you down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

First week over and I lost 5 and a half pound! Thats 3.76 percentage, so happy!

Even had chippers on sunday bold me!

Delighted so close to silver 7 already!

• Advertisement

Yeah it is mad! All my other friends just think she is jealous too! I am the same i get embarrassed when people say it! She is married though and i am single so there is no competition in that sense! The only thing is i am a lot lighter than her now and i used to be bigger than her so maybe that is it! You are right we are doing it for ourselves and not anyone else. I have worked sooo hard and i am working even harder now to get rid of my last stone, not gonna let it get to me either!

I know what you were saying Shoe Lover! Families can be a bit odd about it, they are quick to remind you that you are carrying weight but not as quick with the compliments! I have a sister too that is skinny, she might put on half a stone from time to time but will just exercise and get rid of it in a week or so! Not fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Easter eggs tend to be 500 or so calories per 100 g.

Truffles I'd guess would be 100/150 each.

So safe guess would be to assume it's 2 days worth of points. So spread it out over a few days for minimum damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

hello lovely ladies and gents!
    well sts after my very bold weekend! delighted really, think it has upped my motovation...13lbs to go....!!!!
    as for people making comments I have become a bit of a bitch! if someone says " oh thought you were on WW" as I'm chomping in to something lovely...I just say " yeah its great, never felt better...YOU SHOULD TRY IT" takes the smug look of their faces!
    and when people say..." oh god I couldnt be arsed counting points etc etc etc" i just say..." maybe thats the problem" heheehh bitchy I know but its ALL ABOUT ME now so feck em! dont let anyone derail you, its all for you, your health your confidence and yes your SEXY ASS!!!!:D Keep it up:P

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

+1 on all the comments..
    i've lost 1st and 6lb now.. nearly 1&half st.. :) and nobody has said a word to me.. NOBODY!! except for the OH of course..
    I've been fighting a battle with weightloss since i remember and i had so many horrible comments throughout my life that i havent told anybody this time that i'm on WW.. coz of all them reasons you guys have already mentioned..
    So ok, nobody knew i was on a diet.. but after that loss nobody has made any comments on me losing weight or looking better.. nothing.. not my friends, not my family, not even anybody at work??
    I actually had a big fight with the OH when he told his sister on the phone that i 'couldnt' eat burgers.. kinda giving away i'm on a diet!! I went mental!!! It's my private life and whatever i do with it is my own business.. i just dont want people to know!! Only you guys!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

shanasue wrote: »
    hello lovely ladies and gents!
    well sts after my very bold weekend! delighted really, think it has upped my motovation...13lbs to go....!!!!
    as for people making comments I have become a bit of a bitch! if someone says " oh thought you were on WW" as I'm chomping in to something lovely...I just say " yeah its great, never felt better...YOU SHOULD TRY IT" takes the smug look of their faces!
    and when people say..." oh god I couldnt be arsed counting points etc etc etc" i just say..." maybe thats the problem" heheehh bitchy I know but its ALL ABOUT ME now so feck em! dont let anyone derail you, its all for you, your health your confidence and yes your SEXY ASS!!!!:D Keep it up:P

i would have given you 3 thumbs up for that but i can only give one..;)
    i make a mental note on that one in case someone finds out i'm on WW!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Is anyone else finding their willpower seriously wavering between the good weather and the impending long weekend?? I'm finished up today until Tuesday and I'm just DYING to go home and sit out the back with a glass (or 3) of white wine! Luckily I'm going bowling tonight so that will distract me :D I haven't bought ANY drink in for Good Friday. Every year I stock up on the Thursday, even if I've no plans, just in case something comes up! I'm out with my bf on Sat night for a few drinks, but Sunday will be the real test. My sister's fiance's family are all coming over for a barbeque. It's forecast to be 21/22 degrees...perfect beer and BBQ weather :eek: I'm going to have to avoid the sausages and maybe make myself a burger from turkey mince (no bun) and have some salad and baby potatoes. It's going to be harrrrddd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    Folks the lemon muffins...how big are they? Want to make them today but I need to get bun cases and don't know what size to get?

the fairy cakes with the lemon curd? queen cake cases...with tescos lemon curd...49c for the big jar :P

Fiii wrote: »
    Must.Stop.Jumping.On.Scales.Every.5mins!!!!

Really, I'm not helping myself! My weight seems to yoyo every single day and I get so disheartened when it goes up.
    Think I'm just too impatient. I'm on week 11 now and only down about 7lbs. Crawling is an understatement!
    I have def improved though - seem to have lost my 'muffin top' all of a sudden! :D
    Have no work lined up for a few weeks now (I work freelance) so going to be EXTRA good now that I actually have time to cook/ plan etc.
    Off to New York for a week soon tough - that will probs blow my plan out of the water! :p

Well done for all the losses ladies. You're all doing fab!

That is ONE thing....i MUST do...cos i let it dictate my whole mood for the day! I'm constantly checking thru out the week before my official WI

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

It is nice when people compliment you on lossing weight and yes its funny how some people who are so close dont.

On the other hand a neighbour told me the other day that the weight was flying off me I thaked her nicely but was screaming inside.....

"flying off,flying off does the silly old bat not realise that it's being clawed off ounce by friggin ounce it aint flyinn off"

Well done everyone on your losses this week and to thosse who did not have a happy result keep it up.........

Yeah some people are so bitter! No matter what and even if i dont like someone i will always compliment them if they have lost weight or anything like that, because i understand how hard it is! You would just expect your so called best friends to do it for you! I find anyone who has never been to WW has absolutely no interest in it and just think it is a fad diet! I have a few friends that just dont wanna hear about it so i dont bother anymore talking about it and i go to class on my own because people always start with you and give up after a few weeks... I just do it by myself and for myself.... :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Hey all,

was up as suspected i would be last night but thankfully just 2.5 not the 5 i thought!! so was happy aswell as annoyed i let it go back on!! so im not too far off my goal and can easily lose it this week!! i can feel motivation coming back and my body is sore all over from getting back into exercise!! hitting two classes tonight and will do an 30 mins each way walk there....wont be able to bend for weekend though!

to the comments about compliments from friends etc....maybe they just know how uncomfortable compliments are for some people to take!! i was defo one of them, now i lap them up! :)

in the past anyone that compliment me i would retort with an insult/put down about myself rather that just saying thank you......one friend it drove so made she went mental at me years ago, saying the way i put myself down all the time made it soo uncomfortable for everyone and said if i was so unhappy do something about it!! where all my other friends just tried to tell me what i wanted to hear :)

i think i need someone to kick me up the arse and drag me to treadmill...cant keep my eyes open! Zzzzzzz need a drill Sargent!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Is there an app for Windows 7 phones yet? :confused:

I'm going out to buya HTC HD7 tomorrow:cool:
    is that an android phone? i use wwdiary by canofsleep just search in the android market for weight watchers and its should come up and its free!! so handy, free others on there but dont point and track at same time!

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    is that an android phone? i use wwdiary by canofsleep just search in the android market for weight watchers and its should come up and its free!! so handy, free others on there but dont point and track at same time!

:o freaky! i was just looking at android phones...thinking of treating my self this summer. was just about to text my friend to ask him about ww apps for android!

last seasons Android phones come way down in price...about 100 - 150 euro....way cheaper than the 4 r 500 euro iphone want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Have to say I have a HTC desire phone and I find it fantastic I really do.

Dragged myself down to the gym just now, was like a bitch on legs all day, but thankfully didn't eat to compensate! Actually feel the exercise has cheered me up a bit, that combined with chatting to the sexy gym trainer... phwrrr !

i was all ready to hit to treadmill....i really was.....and the ipod battery died....i can not face 40 or 50 mins on that thing without music! I kinda just zone out with the music....but when i have no music going all i can think about is am i done yet am i done yet am i done yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Going to an italian tonight, going to be tough tostick to my points today. Bye bye weeklies!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

Got my first silver 7!! was down 2 and a half. so happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Days

Anyone know the pro points in Milano?

• Advertisement

Two must haves in every kitchen:

Number One:
    Green Isle Frozen Garlic (no more chopping) just add it straight to the pan from the freezer...so so handy...instant flavour to bland good! They also do loads of frozen herbs!!!! fantastic in scrambled egg! no more garlic fingers!

Number Two:
    Knorr Stock Pots!!!!! way way way way way nicer than stock cubes, and still only 1pp per pot....the beef one adds fantastic flavour to Quorn!

The chicken one is mouth watering good with chicken mince in cottage pie...they are a lil expensive...but it worth it for the flavour they give!

The vegetable one would probably be great in soup.

They come in two sizes, i use the little ones,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement