Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Excellent Handgun for home protection? (Widely available in the states)

• 03-07-2014 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

What's an excellent handgun with great stopping power to protect your home and family in case of an intruder who means harm? I want something that'll put a bad guy right down with two shots max. Something that won't jam when I need it most; Something that I can rely on when some wierdo is breaking my door then. Now I know the chances of this happening is slim but that's not the point, it's the pistol info i'm after.

Price isn't too much of a problem but I don't want it to be insanely expensive neither. Maybe also a cheaper less powerful weapon that I can use incase my primary pistol fails too. Any suggestions?

Also, what type of ammunition should I use for maximum stopping power? I don't mind if the combination of the powerful pistol and ammunition will tear trough a wall as I will know my target and whats behind. I'm very experienced with rifles and shotguns, I grew up shooting. I'm safe and law abiding also.

PS. The weapon and ammunition must be legal in the state of PA. Also, if you think something other than a pistol would serve better for home defense, let me know what you think. I'm not hyper paranoid or anything, we'll just be living in a rural-type area and I want to defend my wife and children from any dangers than may fall upon us.

One more thing, is it economically viable or even possible to get my Irish weapons shipped to the states or should I just sell them here and buy the same weapons or similiar in the states? I don't have any special licenses or anything to transport weapons nor do I know anyone who could do it on my behalf!

Thanks for any info folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

No firearm is licensable in Ireland for home defence or personal protection and RKBA is off-topic here. Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement