Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Champions League Qualifliers

Options
  • 04-08-2004 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Grazer AK V Liverpool 1st leg Champions League qualifier
    Tue 10th Aug Live on Channel 5 7.45

Go Liverpool!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

*kisses FTV card* :) Will be interesting to see how they get on this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Fookit. :o

Anyone know who's screening the 2nd leg. I believe it has at 8.10pm kick off, which suggests a TV deal has already been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

BBC after Eastenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Anyone know who's screening the 2nd leg. I believe it has at 8.10pm kick off, which suggests a TV deal has already been done.

I believe ITV has done a deal to show the home legs of the CL qualifiers of Liverpool and ManU. ITV are showing the ManU match next Wednesday evening live and I believe showing the 2nd leg of the 'Pool match on the 24 or 25 August. Presumably FIVE will have the ManU second leg, but that doesn't really worry me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Anyone know if RTE or TV3 will be showing the Liverpool or Man. Utd. qualifiers?

• Advertisement

I doubt RTÉ will as I'm sure they will broadcast the Shels match with Depor. Maybe TV3 or TG4, but I didn't hear anything yet.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Woohoo! Finally something to watch on five! :)

Thanks for the information Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Shamrok wrote:
    I believe ITV has done a deal to show the home legs of the CL qualifiers of Liverpool and ManU. ITV are showing the ManU match next Wednesday evening live and I believe showing the 2nd leg of the 'Pool match on the 24 or 25 August. Presumably FIVE will have the ManU second leg, but that doesn't really worry me ;)

ITV2 are showing BOTH ManU's games and Liverpool's 2nd game.
    http://www.itv-football.co.uk/Champions_League_Channel/index.shtml

ITV1 is showing the ManU match next Wednesday. At least Granada are. Might only be a regional broadcast. Bad news about ITV2. I haven't been able to watch one Liverpool match (pre-season) so far! Looks like this will be no different :(

Ya, def on UTV next Wednesday too.

19.55 Champions League Live
    Gabby Logan presents live coverage of the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round, first-leg clash between Dinamo Bucharest (Romania) and Manchester United. Alex Ferguson's side will be aware of the pitfalls of this stage of the competition, the last step before the lucrative group stage. Two years ago they lost the way leg against unfancied Hungarians Zalaegerszegi before prevailing at Old Trafford for a 5-1 win on aggregate. The second leg of tonight's tie is due to take place in two weeks' time.

http://www.itv.com/listings/ShowListings.aspx?itvregion=nireland&itvpackage=dt&itvgenre=0&channelid=ULS&channeldate=11/08/2004

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

eigrod wrote:

Hmm, I'll be able to watch Liverpools second game! \o/ Amazing at last finding purposes for both five and itv2! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Don't quote me on this but according to Sky Sports News the Man Utd game will be shown live on MUTV.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I also saw SSN advertise that MUTV would be showing this game also, but I have not seen any advertising on MUTV itself. MUTV did show the second leg of the qualifier from the previous round so maybe they may show it. As of yet though there are no epg details for it.

They're 7:30pm show is advertised as 'Tba'.

Found this on the MUTV website. This was the situation before the 2nd round was resolved. Things may be different now, we will have to wait and see...

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFIERS ON MUTV- BREAKING NEWS

UEFA have annonced today that United's opponents in the Champions League qualifiers will be Zilina or Dymano Bucharest.

The matches will be played on August 10th or 11th & August 24th or 25th and MUTV will be showing both games just 30 minutes after the final whistle!

Check back on the website for more details as we get them.

That may very well be the situation.

Brian017 wrote:
    They're 7:30pm show is advertised as 'Tba'.

Thats for tuesday night. The man u game is down for wednesday night

Ah just checked it and you're right. Sorry everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Zoso

Saw an add on TV3 earlier for CL matches and checked the Sky EPG to confirm - they're going to show the LFC match on Tues & the scum on Wed.

• Advertisement

Grazer AK vs Liverpool LIVE on TV3, 7:30pm, Tuesday

Shelbourne vs Deportivo LIVE on RTÉ NETWORK 2, 7:30pm, Wednesday

Dinamo Bucharest vs Manchester Utd LIVE on TV3, 7:30pm, Wednesday

Take your pick ane enjoy :D

Oh can't wait for Scum FC to play.

threads merged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

tv3 and channel 5 and not a decent commentator between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Brian017 wrote:
    Grazer AK vs Liverpool LIVE on TV3, 7:30pm, Tuesday

Shelbourne vs Deportivo LIVE on RTÉ NETWORK 2, 7:30pm, Wednesday

Dinamo Bucharest vs Manchester Utd LIVE on TV3, 7:30pm, Wednesday

Take your pick ane enjoy :D

isnt the Shels game on Tuesday ?

either i'm blind but the Sky EPG shows nothing about any Champions League match for Shelbourne this week on tuesday or wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Mossy Monk wrote:
    either i'm blind but the Sky EPG shows nothing about any Champions League match for Shelbourne this week on tuesday or wednesday
    typical rte :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Would appreciate if people could stop referring to Man Utd as scum.It's wearing thin at this stage and should probably be dealt with by the moderator. Obviously I'm a Man U fan but I also enjoy and watch other teams matches and most importantly respect all the opposition we meet.

tv3 and channel 5 and not a decent commentator between them.
    Do what I intend to do and get the sound from 5Live. With some luck Alan Green will be commentating tonight. Just hope it's not the McNamara guy who used to be on TV3 a couple of years back. I don't know how he got a job with the beeb. His voice annoys me.

The match is live on RTÉ. They announced it last Friday. Don't know about the EPG listings but LJ has it listed on his site as on Network 2. This guy is never wrong folks.
    http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/FForum2.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement