Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Week 8 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Quite wrong I'm afraid.

Oh look parroting, always a red flag. But I'm sure this will be fun so let me check what I posted again.....

Quite wrong I'm afraid. AFC East teams finished the 2013 season with a better winning record than 5 other divisions - AFC North, AFC South, NFC North, NFC East and NFC South. And of all the teams that finished last in their divisions across the league, the Bills were the strongest team, finishing with a 6-10 record.

Well, well, isn't that interesting I never even mention the NFC West in my post. And here was me doubting myself.

Also the Cardinals finished outside of the playoffs with a 10-6 record.
    There you go again, talking about a Division that had nothing to do with my last post.

Also you are factoring the Jets at 8-8 in last years discussion, they are 1-6 now.

Oh dear, looks like you missed this part...
    the 2013 season.

I must notify the NFL when they're compiling the 2014 end of year stats, they'll have to wait and factor in the 2015 stats for 2014 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Ah here I don't think you need to be that sarcastic. I only mentioned the jets 2013 record as you mentioned the 2013 form of the divisions above.

Again I thought that by saying "of all the divisions across the league" meant you were talking about the whole league once again. If you had have said "those 5 divisions or the divisions above" I would have known what you were talking about.

Anyway I think we're both being a bit petty here. I've an opinion and you have yours and we both have our stats and facts to back it up. It's always going to be a very contentious debate so can we stop tell taleing and go back to the week 8 and the upcoming massive win for the Redskins? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

the upcoming massive win for the Redskins? ;)

The what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Ah here I don't think you need to be that sarcastic.

You reap what you sow. You came out with a totally irrelevant response to another post and your smart arsery backfired on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Vandango wrote: »
    You reap what you sow. You came out with a totally irrelevant response to another post and your smart arsery backfired on you.

In fairness I took the same sense from the original post as he did. Best to let it lie.

• Advertisement

Vandango wrote: »
    You came out with a totally irrelevant response to another post and your smart arsery backfired on you. You reap what you sow.

Listen I probably shouldn't have rehashed his first line and apologies for that, but I genuinely misinterpreted his post.

No harm done, I've said as much to Corvius too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Detroit Lions @ Atlanta Falcons
    Chicago Bears @ New England Patriots
    Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Minnesota Vikings @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    St Louis Rams @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Miami Dolphins @ Jacksonville Jaguars
    Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets
    Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers
    Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans
    Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals
    Oakland Raiders @ Cleveland Browns
    Indianapolis Colts @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints
    Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys

to many away wins id say but we will see. was tempted to pick the rams but hard to reproduce one of the all time great special teams games

Really fancy the Jets tomorrow strangely. They usually back up a decent performance with a bad one which wouldn't be good for tomorrow but I feel that it's absolute last chance saloon tomorrow and maybe the added effect of bringing Harvin over has the dressing room in good spirits. Added to that spiller and Jackson are missing and that will require Orton to beat the jets through the air which I don't fancy. I'm by no means fully confident in trusting Geno smith and the jets certainly won't run on this buffalo defence like they did the patriots, but I think they force enough errors from Orton and gain enough plays on offence to win this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

So I guess the games are on at 5pm tomorrow, are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

padraig_f wrote: »
    So I guess the games are on at 5pm tomorrow, are they?

Yes, except Falcons-Lions which is at 1:30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

SantryRed wrote: »

And the Americans have to get up at 9:30am to see the game live. The shoe is on the other foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And the Americans have to get up at 9:30am to see the game live. The shoe is on the other foot.

They better whip out God Save the Queen, just for the craic. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah and that's the east coast, west coast fans would have to be up at a ridiculous hour to catch the game !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

SantryRed wrote: »

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It'll be on all day then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Kinda silly but could work, game is on 6:30am on the West Coast but basically you have football from 9:30am to 12pm on the East coast, so it aint that bad.

I plan on being pretty hungover tomorrow so i dont fancy getting up to watch the start. I wouldn't like the Pats to be playing at 9:30am but whenever i roll out of bed tomorrow i'll gladly watch Lions Falcons.

Only downside is for Fantasy Football. I have Megatron in two of my teams so I'd have to get up at at least 9am to check if he is active. So thats not happening, probably wouldnt have started him anyway as his points are down because of the injury but it would have been nice to have the option.

Calvin Johnson is inactive for the game today.

Still going for the Lions to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Just realising this Wembley game is on at 1.30 :D

And with the clocks going back the "late" game is only at 12.30 so hopefully won't be dead by the end of it.

14 hours of NFL - can't ask for more than that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,490 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm loving that we are just starting this long day of live football. :)

Laura Wright ? Mother of god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

some twat from some band.

"do you like the nfl?"
    "yeah i love it"
    "who's going to win today"
    "well my girlfriend informs me lions are the favouite"

what a twat

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This feels very weird watching a game this early. Now I know how our American counterparts feel getting to watch games at 1pm EST :pac:

Excellent drive from Ryan and the Falcons so far. Though I see on Twitter that the Rams and Raiders also scored on their opening drives so the omens for the Falcons aren't good. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Detroit will need to wake up quickly or Atlanta eill be out of sight.

Looks like the Lions will need their defense to step up in this game to give them a chance. Better drive there but they look very poor offensively without bush and Johnston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Find it hilarious the TE the Lions brought in to replace injuries only got his shot because he had a passport. Apparently they called a fair few FA Tight Ends and loads of them had no passports.

Ugh, if Fuller catches either of those two passes at the end of the half I either win my over/under bet on him or get within 3 or so yards of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Terrible from the Falcons, 59 yard TD on a 3rd and 25

Shockibg d on 3rd and 25 frim Atlanta. Not sure what the safety was doing there, terrible angle.

Might get a game after all. 3 and out here and pressure should build on Atlanta.

• Advertisement

Gah what a costly penalty. Instead of 3rd and 25 frim their 5, it's a first down for Atlanta on the 20.

Advertisement